Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Implement the system?
Yes.
63%
 63% [ 10 ]
NO.
19%
 19% [ 3 ]
meh.
18%
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Laibach
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Clear enough to be understood.
Not always, no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Also LJS my language is crystal clear here and other members got my point, I think something else blocks your vision - hatred.
Listen to the other people. We are telling you, as people who do not hate you, that these things that you assert are not so. I've been saying this for ages. I end up saying it at least once pretty much every time we argue.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Why in tyhe name of the almight Ned do you want to limit RPs?

Seriously, why?

Limiting freedom of speech? FoS is the entire point of this forum. I stand with Iv- we shouldn't limit RPs.

You have one that has lasted 15+ pages, ask for (and presumably get) a sticky, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Why in tyhe name of the almight Ned do you want to limit RPs?

Seriously, why?

Limiting freedom of speech? FoS is the entire point of this forum. I stand with Iv- we shouldn't limit RPs.

You have one that has lasted 15+ pages, ask for (and presumably get) a sticky, problem solved.
You don't stand with Iv, you agree with the point he's trying to make.

What we have right now is a plethora of good ideas just drying out in the sun because people are forced to split their attention between all of them at once. When you have a solid RP with no other competitors, however, it thrives since the continuous posting of the members who have nowhere else to go staves off the terrible attrition rate roleplay threads tend to have here. Quality plays a big role, too - would you rather have Fenway or Revan leading the main RP? That's why quality assurance could help quite a bit.

Naturally the best compromise would be to have it an optional thing - PM someone a thread idea, they get back to you, you get a fancy tag to put in your thread title so people know it's mega-kosher. However, the community here is small enough that such a process would be immensely pretentious.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks, Tiel.

...Also, the whole idea of a forum is communication (through some means).

You're limiting that = defeating (part of) the purpose of this forum.

Fer real?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:02 am

Hot damn, my little suggestion's spread into a full-fledged shit flinging/dick waving contest.

The purpose of this system is not to hinder anyone's ability to post, rather give those that wish for some amount of order to have it. There's no reason to have more than two RPs up at once, we don't have enough members to sustain that number. Fission within this subforum has been a larger killer of active RPs than disinterest recently. We have what, eight regular players? Less? I know that most of us are unable to make multiple decent entries a day (cause we have lives and such) so we have to choose which to play. This causes there to be few people active in any one RP until that RP dies, too often in its youth.

My system is inherently optional, your posting "rights" (lawl) wouldn't be violated, you can post anything anytime you want. What I would like to work towards is just a structure upon which to base the RP section. A few people control what RP is active and keep track of the queue of RPs. The players enforce this themselves. Instead of set punishment, their motivation is the threat of lapsing back into disorder and chaos and crappy RPs.

EE: TL;DR YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST THE SYSTEM ARE INVALID AND YOU SHOULD FEEL STUPID.

E: maybe the moderator should be called the God Game Master or something like that. hehhheh. I should get some sleep.

EEE: @ Error: How would the purpose of the forum be undermined if one section came under mild moderation? There've been plenty of examples of entire threads being deleted because of offtopicness, a forum is not a free environment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:26 am

Cats thx for calling me stupid is first, second if you want to queue RPs you can do it perfectly easy with what you currently have without more censoring tools. Finally that is exactly to all these who wondered why the fk did I post a personal message to frost on a public board: Cats check your PMs pls. And you called me a liar Tiel ... exactly what I said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 am

Iv121 wrote:
And you called me a liar Tiel ... exactly what I said.
I'm not seeing what you're trying to say here, or how your message in another thread is relevant at all, but ok.

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Don't even respond to Iv, Tiel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:53 am

MercurySteam wrote:
-snip-
You're saying that people can't post an RP without moderator approval.

That's limiting what people can post, and a sure-fire way to turn the FC RP area into a ghost town.

Yes, not everyone can manage more than 1 or 2 RPs. Shorten your posts. Move a little faster. Give up on RPs. Whatever. Don't limit those who want to run or participate in multiple ones.

You'll note I can run two and participate in one with little issue- and I'm hardly the most active member here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
And you called me a liar Tiel ... exactly what I said.
I'm not seeing what you're trying to say here, or how your message in another thread is relevant at all, but ok.

Well you asked me why did I post that post about frost's work if I said it was "private to him" , I answered you it is much easier to see posts in here instead of PMing them, you called me a fat liar for that, and here is the ultimate proof I was right, if I were I'd back off from that liar statement especially considering you know what I think about lies, moreover I would recommend you to avoid such comments in the future as it was just clear that the PM system is broken, it as just a question of time until that post would make you look bad ...

Also about that:

I'd like to remind you how frequently you do it in the dedicated arguments thread now LJS, that makes you look like a fool or just a jerk, that also joins up with your post about me being a useless poster on the forums, so think twice before posting such hard and potentially insulting posts in the future, especially whe everyone including you know it is clearly a lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I'd like to remind you how frequently you do it in the dedicated arguments thread now LJS, that makes you look like a fool or just a jerk, that also joins up with your post about me being a useless poster on the forums, so think twice before posting such hard and potentially insulting posts in the future, especially whe everyone including you know it is clearly a lie.
A... lie? You know what that means, right? "Don't even respond to Iv" can't be a lie because it isn't a statement. Even in the full post, never did I say that I wasn't going to respond to you any more. I said that what you post tends to be nonsense, yes, and I'll stand by that. You've done a better job in the Arguments thread than usual, but I gave up trying to figure out what that last post of yours meant, which is why I haven't responded to it. A jerk I'll gladly accept, but no, I don't think I'm the fool here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:17 pm

I have no desire to put this thread down the crapper as you seem to desire, so I'll stay my tongue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.   

Back to top Go down

The Fickleness and Short-Livedness of RolePlays.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2