Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 How was this forum created?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Iv, you seem to take personal offense Every. Single. Time. Tiel responds to a post you make. It's getting a bit tiresome.

Tiel, you seem to be a complete arse when there's no need for it. Try to avoid that, and it might antagonize Iv less.

TL;DR:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THE OTHER ONE SAYS, IGNORE IT.
Please?

That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:57 pm

Iv121 wrote:
what did I do to get all these posts from you two ?
You have been an asshole for months. And when people tell you when you're being an asshole, you say they're lying to you.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Doesn't matter, I don’t keep hatred on you do I ? What id I do in this specific thread to get all that hate ? nothing, I posted my opinion and from asking 4 ppl around for their input on the situe they all agreed Tiel's words were harsh and not needed though the thread where I wrote it in wasn't right for that either.

Do this, forget all you know about me, every single time you post you post only hate, stop it, think , do not talk, be constructive and keep it to the post you see, you will see nothing in it, if you really that struggle with it I could request to switch identities with some ppl that agreed to help me (might be fun Razz), I bet there won't be a single post like that against me in that case., maybe if you don't trust my point of view ask others like I did, I merely todl you what they thought of all that circuss over here .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Conclusion:

Everyone is an asshole
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Than you didn't quite read it well. Although the render distance falls under the category I asked Frost was to bring what he currently has to a presentable state because I believe you know that in programming "Made" doesn't mean you can use it because most probably it lacks things such as API if not worse, all held together in some makeshift ways that you just wrote as place holders because you can't make every single part of the program at once. To make these parts work together frost needs to dedicate some time and sort of perfect what he currently has to the level we can show little pieces of it in a video, OFC "in a video" means it will prob be bugged as hell but we will cut it all out because currently we are interested in a showcase of what we have, not what we still lack.
Nothing works together.  I haven't even bothered trying to make things work together, except on paper.

The far view specifications describe the resolution of chunks and the types of volume information known about the surface.
The surface information and resolution define the first pass of the chunk loading format.
The chunk loading format defines how and when data is streamed, and how cubic chunks will be implemented.
How cubic chunks are implemented defines the structure of flying chunks.
The structure of flying chunks defines the interaction between blocks and entities, and the coordinate system.
No content can be implemented until all of these are solidified.

That's why I am working exclusively on the far draw right now.  Literally everything else in the mod depends on its findings, and any changes made will force everything afterward to be redone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I contacted some devs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 66
Location : Frozen Fields

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Prototype wrote:
Conclusion:

Everyone is an asshole
AtlastItrulysee.jpeg.tar.gz.jar.zip. What the hell was this thread about anyway? And why is LS contacting devs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 pm

We have devs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Iv, you seem to take personal offense Every. Single. Time. Tiel responds to a post you make. It's getting a bit tiresome.

Tiel, you seem to be a complete arse when there's no need for it. Try to avoid that, and it might antagonize Iv less.

That is all.
This particular shitfest started because Iv was so very offended anyone would point out the idiocy in 'calling out' fr0st for reasons only Iv could understand. His reaction is interesting, really - the only thing he could think of was to tuck his tail between his legs and make a run for it (Ima IGNORE j00 bcuz u disagree with meh!), because even he knows what he's saying is unbelievably ungrateful in light of recent strides.

He says that fr0st should pull several thousand lines of code out of his ass because the project 'needs more developers', yet seems deadset on alienating the only one with any meaningful skillset willing to put up with this community.

When this kind of behavior surfaces, I think there's a need for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Die Übermensch wrote:
Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Iv, you seem to take personal offense Every. Single. Time. Tiel responds to a post you make. It's getting a bit tiresome.

Tiel, you seem to be a complete arse when there's no need for it. Try to avoid that, and it might antagonize Iv less.

That is all.
This particular shitfest started because Iv was so very offended anyone would point out the idiocy in 'calling out' fr0st for reasons only Iv could understand. His reaction is interesting, really - the only thing he could think of was to tuck his tail between his legs and make a run for it (Ima IGNORE j00 bcuz u disagree with meh!), because even he knows what he's saying is unbelievably ungrateful in light of recent strides.

He says that fr0st should pull several thousand lines of code out of his ass because the project 'needs more developers', yet seems deadset on alienating the only one with any meaningful skillset willing to put up with this community.

When this kind of behavior surfaces, I think there's a need for it.
case in point. Not that I disagree with you about Iv's comments.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:11 am

Die Übermensch wrote:
Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Iv, you seem to take personal offense Every. Single. Time. Tiel responds to a post you make. It's getting a bit tiresome.

Tiel, you seem to be a complete arse when there's no need for it. Try to avoid that, and it might antagonize Iv less.

That is all.
This particular shitfest started because Iv was so very offended anyone would point out the idiocy in 'calling out' fr0st for reasons only Iv could understand. His reaction is interesting, really - the only thing he could think of was to tuck his tail between his legs and make a run for it (Ima IGNORE j00 bcuz u disagree with meh!), because even he knows what he's saying is unbelievably ungrateful in light of recent strides.

He says that fr0st should pull several thousand lines of code out of his ass because the project 'needs more developers', yet seems deadset on alienating the only one with any meaningful skillset willing to put up with this community.

When this kind of behavior surfaces, I think there's a need for it.
I don't think Iv is physically capable of alienating me.  I love you all, much like Jesus, but I am also very disappointed in everybody, also like Jesus.
Except for you, Lightspeed.  Lightspeed is awesome.

Anyway, if it was just a matter of churning out a couple thousands lines of code, it wouldn't be so bad.  Problem is, we don't know how everything is going to work together, at least not well enough that I can delegate tasks.  The other programmers we had arrived at this conclusion and didn't know how to proceed, and it will be the same for any new developers.  The only way this is going to change is by chugging away at the problem and working out the unknown variables, and I think I will have to do that on my own.  At the very least, I've not found many people in the Minecraft modding community with the background to help with this.  There are plenty of talented people out there, but this requires hardcore academic research.

The things I've posted is simplifying things as best I can manage, but what I have to read is much, much more difficult.  So if we had another programmer, it would have to be someone comfortable with this sort of thing, and who is also willing to burn through months of research and lots of dead ends before seeing any hint of results.  That's asking a lot, from anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:23 am

I haven't done anything though fr0st! Why are you disappoint?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:23 am

Also someone give Tiel a smack on the face as we discussed because really you are in the wrong, merely because all the comments you made were at the man, I will leave the rest for the community, if they are still maintaining the ignorant position until its too late there is nothing I can do with it anymore. Also if you wanna know what I talk about go make a programming project, it would be a miniature experience of what frost does just on your level …

Anyway frost I believe you well understand the problem here that I try to point out. So basically matters are worse than I thought and we haven't even reached that golden half when content starts to link together, that is really bad as until that is done we physically don't have anything to showcase yet, I was expecting we are already past that point and that it would be only a matter of linking things up and getting rid of that makeshift stuff in between. In that case there is simply nothing we can do on that front and so the boundaries of the mod development have shifted in another half a year or so, slowly moving towards that mark I was talking about when FC will just be not relevant anymore ...

Though on that note that notice you gave about more devs is pretty interesting, whats about them ? i might reconsider that dev time shifting if we actually get some Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:26 am

Iv121 wrote:
when FC will just be not relevant anymore ...
Are you like, begging to argue with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:31 am

Well eventually that time will come, by the end of our current dev cycle minecraft will be 7 years old, that is a lot for a game, if there is no public left there is no point in making it, I doubt frost wants to spend 4-5 years of development just for some mere thousands of people, that is really anti-climatic and disappointing, I bet you don't want the mod to end like that right ? Yes it is a bit hard to say and stuff like that, it will prob bring here Tiel and LJS with more hatred speeches and yet eventually it will happen, MC is not eternal and sometime it will just not be rellevant anymore and with it all the mods that were made for it. Lets leave that aspect where it is and focus more on getting new ppl on board, agreed ? Even Tiel has no reason to disagree on that .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:48 am

Iv121 wrote:
some mere thousands of people
That'd actually be quite good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:41 am

I'd still like to see more people playing FC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:24 am

Quadraxis wrote:
I haven't done anything though fr0st! Why are you disappoint?
Dammit, who let him out of his cage?!


Last edited by fr0stbyte124 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oblivion
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 am

But...but... WHAY R U DSAPPONYT ?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:39 am

Oblivion wrote:
But...but... WHAY R U DSAPPONYT ?!
Because I know what you do late at night, and it makes me very sad.


*on topic*

Futurecraft will stay relevant as long as Minecraft is relevant.  Minecraft came out in 2009, but the technology behind the game is circa 2002, so I don't think it fits the profile of most other games.  Plus, it is worth mentioning that there are cases where mods singlehandedly become pillars that keep the community alive long past the game's expiration date.  I'm hoping ambitious game changer projects like Futurecraft will become those pillars, though I'd love to be done with it well before that becomes an issue.  But you are right, Iv, we are nowhere close to the halfway point.  In fact, we are just getting started.  But for the first time this is a true start, with concrete end goals and not just experiments.  I don't think things will play out the same way this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oblivion
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:14 am

What's odd with reading Donald Duck before sleeping?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 66
Location : Frozen Fields

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:53 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
But...but... WHAY R U DSAPPONYT ?!
Because I know what you do late at night, and it makes me very sad.


*on topic*

Futurecraft will stay relevant as long as Minecraft is relevant.  Minecraft came out in 2009, but the technology behind the game is circa 2002, so I don't think it fits the profile of most other games.  Plus, it is worth mentioning that there are cases where mods singlehandedly become pillars that keep the community alive long past the game's expiration date.  I'm hoping ambitious game changer projects like Futurecraft will become those pillars, though I'd love to be done with it well before that becomes an issue.  But you are right, Iv, we are nowhere close to the halfway point.  In fact, we are just getting started.  But for the first time this is a true start, with concrete end goals and not just experiments.  I don't think things will play out the same way this time.
Take your time, I've got 6 months to kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Also someone give Tiel a smack on the face as we discussed because really you are in the wrong


Is this a language issue or something? Do you just not understand what everyone else is saying to you? You seem like a fairly intelligent person, so I simply cannot believe that you are reading and understanding our posts and coming back with this. I'm not trying to insult you here; I am asking you honestly whether or not you understand what Tiel and I are saying.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Oblivion wrote:
What's odd with reading Donald Duck before sleeping?
It attracts Dolan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
What's odd with reading Donald Duck before sleeping?
It attracts Dolan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How was this forum created?   

Back to top Go down
 
How was this forum created?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» The new poll for our Forum name
» HPBD Forum Changes&Updates (10/04/13 Update)
» [Hỏi đáp] Chỉnh sửa kích thước font chữ toàn forum
» Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme
» VoIP Softswitch for Rent/ Sale

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: