Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue

Go down 
+7
TinkerPox
tonyri
ectrimble20
The Schmetterling
fr0stbyte124
ACH0225
Cool3303
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Empty
PostSubject: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 am

Ill begin this like your minecraft Forum Post:
Read what is written here. All of it. If you need to ask a question about the mod, and it is answered ,then I am going to ignore you, and I ask that those with the decency to actually read this to do the same.

Imagine:

Some of you survived the attack and in the Underground you developed anything You need to travel into space: teleporter,weapons,Hyperspace enginees and fusion reactors to get enough energy.
You build yourself a giant fleet with 10 Warships and destroy the planet from the other Server leaving nothing than burned Earth, but at the way back your ship falls out of the Hyperspace cause the sensors registered strange Activities. There are two strange things a Planet which seems to be completely covered with organic stuff and a Planet with a giant energy emission.
You decide to split up your Fleet and go to the Planet which is covered with organic stuff.

After your landing your Flame troopers clear out the whole Area from the Strange slime which covers everything.
As everything seems to be quiet you raise your Flag suddenly a slime Ball hits the Flag and dissolves in less than an second. Strange creatures looking like slimy mutated players are attacking your troops.Imediately you give the order to evacuate your basis Camp, but it is too late only three Battleships arise from the planet.
Back in space you pray that these things are the only bad thing you found today but then you see the evacuation pods.
The Officier tells you that they were attacked with Photon Beams and other strange things which passed the shields without any effect. Furthermore he tells you that they received another Signal a few Lightyears away and 2 Battleships were send there.
After you traveled to this position you find nothing than an Escape Pod which seems to be Crystalized including the Person in it. Your scientist can repair the Headset.
At the bridge you hear the last activity:“ They were to strong as we flew to the planet the other ship disappeared and strange things which seemed to be Crystals hit us and exploded I hope I can safe myse- aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh ….....Transmission interupted“
You are shocked 3 New Alien Races who want to kill you at one Day!
You can see the Title of the books which will be written about this: “The Worst Day Ever (even more worse than the day anything on our Server was destroyed)“
And then you understand that you gave them the Technology to travel through Space.
Immediately you want to kill yourself but you decided to fight long time ago and you don´t want to stop.You give the order to travel back Home.
The Voice in Yourself is screaming :" Why? Why? Why are we not alone in Space?"

Last edited by Cool3303 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Details   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 am

The Races:

Okay Rewrote this

I would like to add 3New Races Which Would be:
Alien Aliens (Confused?OK they are Zergs) They are the classic Aliens big and remember to Insects
Tech Aliens They are the hightech Race ( maybe they will remember to Robots)
Crystal Aliens They are (my own Idea) made of Crystal (Ruby,Saphire or something like this) and forced on Symmetric (an ellips would kill them Laughing ) and Lasers

This Races aren´t meant to be NPCs you should play them (Search for the Player modell Api mod (can´t post the link sry))

and this Races aren´t put in stone if you got any Idea with enough support I would Integrate them

Last time I can´t programm Java things I would re texture and reconfigurate anything in this mod by Copying it 3 Times
and ask someone to help me at special things.

Special things :
Alien Aliens need to spread slime and put their food in It
" " can mutate themself to get bigger and stronger
Alien NPCs just can be commanded by OPs (you surely understand things like Zergs can´t have robots)
Tech Aliens must touch an Energy block or consume tech Powersources to Survive (yes i mean batteries)
" " will be killed through magnetic fields ( can´t infiltrate your Ship if you got a magnet shield but watchout their robots surely can)
Crystal Aliens must be in an high Lightlevel (will get special Crystals which spend much brighter light than Glowstone)
" " are a collective anyone will knew what happens to anyone other
If thei aren´t connected they will die (low requency Sounds kill them)

Last edited by Cool3303 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:45 am

I very much doubt that the DEVs will even think of aliens, except for possible trading posts with reskined NPC villagers with a GUI. Having three species would mean at least one would have some sort of overpowered advantage over the others, so unless you know how to code this, I doubt it will be added
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:45 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I very much doubt that the DEVs will even think of aliens, except for possible trading posts with reskined NPC villagers with a GUI. Having three species would mean at least one would have some sort of overpowered advantage over the others, so unless you know how to code this, I doubt it will be added
I wrote I would do Textures and Config
And the most things Are Basic Mods You can Copy it easily (of course with an Agree)
And the other things are used In this mod You only must texture and Config It
So I can´t see the problem

Okay the particles could get difficult but before this mod is prereleased I mustn´´t think about it
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Models   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I will build examples soon as possible
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
I wrote I would do Textures and Config
And the most things Are Basic Mods You can Copy it easily (of course with an Agree)
And the other things are used In this mod You only must texture and Config It
So I can´t see the problem

Okay the particles could get difficult but before this mod is prereleased I mustn´´t think about it

Cant copy, will be most likely be incompatible with 99% of all mods, but if the DEVs say yes, then yes, but they wont because if you copy, it will be incompatible, and if you make it from the ground up, it will STILL be incompatable unless you have all pertaining code that they have made. You say you said you would do textures and config, but you didnt, and what about the base files, the vehicles. If you do all the coding yourself, hats off to you, but for now, use proper grammer.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:46 pm

That sounds like a neat mod. Can I beta test?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:02 pm

As a standalone mod, thats fine, but with Futurecraft, I dont like it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:07 pm

No. If we do add aliens, it will not be like that.

And Fr0stbyte: absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, you can go make this mod if you want. Good bye.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Well hold on now, lets not just toss out the alien idea right off the bat.

Now I don't think we'll be adding over-powered super aliens or Zerg, neither of those fit in what we're doing, but I do think we need to take a look at the possibility of creating some sort of NPC interaction to keep people occupied in between their inner player wars.

Also, I really think we need to consider getting rid of the stock Mobs. Skeletons, Zombies, Spiders and Creepers are cute and all but when you have advanced armor and weapons, well, you just kinda lol and blast them into oblivion.

The animals, Cows, Chickens, Pigs and Sheep are fine to leave alone, but the hostile mobs need a looking at. Now this obviously isn't something we'll have the time to do for Alpha and even Beta, we have a ton of inner workings to handle first, but at some point, I think NPC pirates, or possibly some form of alien would be something to consider in a future update, I don't think we should just say "lol cool story bro" and tell him to piss off, I just don't think it's something we need to concentrate on right now unless we have someone dedicated to making that portion work, and since we've only got the 3 programmers working on this and we're all working on separate areas, we don't have the resources to try to implement this right now.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 pm

I read through your second post. It makes no sense what so ever. Please present your ideas logically if you want them to be added.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree NPC enemies would be interesting, but this implementation just feels sort of tacked on, like those other extra mobs mods. If we did it in Futurecraft, it would need to be an integral part of gameplay and pose unique challenges to players rather than just being something novel to kill.

So yeah, not against aliens, but needs some work. Also probably not worth trying to tailor this sort of thing to Futurecraft before the first release. It will undoubtedly be different by then.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

I think that NPC's should be human (or robot, but that is pushing it). This is Futurecraft after all, not Super-Natural Craft.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
The Races:

Every Race should be takeable (yes the aliens got different sizes Of course there will be Vehicles so you mustn´t feel small)
You must care about an Base structure if it is destroyed and you got no other you can´t be spawned again
Skills will be Important
If you die you should lose all your skills except you got a clone

Minecraftians:
Base:
No Resistances
Weak against Poison and Acid
need Food and sleep (Notice: add Sleepy effect)
are easy to clone /heal
Die Immediately in Space

Weapons:
Experienced (twice as efficent than normal)
Every Kind of Ballistic
Guns
Rockets
accelerated particles
High Robot technology
Good Armor Builders (For Balance Personal Armor will be 2X stronger than Normal)
Normal
Lasers
Ion Beams
Energy Shields
Teleporter
Hyperdrive
Magnetic Field Weapons
Bad
Organic
Phased Weapons
Energy Source
Ship source: Technic
Personal source: Food
Commando Structure: Rang System (which requirements you need to give NPCs Orders)

Aliens (Zerg?)

Base:
Resistant to most poison and Acid Stuff
Weak against Fire Special Minerals and some rare poison (like cyanide and some secret stuff (save the Aliens!))
Need Food they can´t eat it they must drop it into Strange Slime
Base Aliens got 2xMore Health than Humans
but they Mutate easily, a fully mutated alien can have 10x More Health
Can be reproduced (need a personal reproduction slime to keep the mutations)
Got some time before they die In Space

Weapons:

Experienced:
Mutations
Acid
Parasit
Poison
Regeneration
(Because they have no shields and Not so Good Armor they got much(!!!) bigger ships)

Normal:
Balistic
Reproduction
Drones (like robots but organic)
Armor

Bad
Any tech things

Energy Source
Ship Source: Food (They can produce special high energy slime)
Personal Source: Food ( but they need the slime to eat it)
Commando structure: Administrative (only Admins and OPs can give Orders)

Techs(the Second Aliens)

Base
Poison Resistance (they are machines)
Weak against Magnet Fields (same as above)
Need high Energy amounts to live if they got none they will deactivate
(Must design an NPC who automatically brings them back to the Base)
2x More Health than Humans can Upgrade to 5x more health
Need special drones to repair
Can Backup to a clone

Weapons:
Experienced
Ion Beams
Energy Shields
Robots
Teleporter
Phased Weapons

Normal
Balistic
Armor
Lasers (don´t ask!!!)
Bad
Mutations
Rebuilding takes long time

Not Used
Organic things

Crystal (searching a betterName)

Will be done tommorrow Sleep
Also their should be a primitive species with spears and bows+arrows, that can`t pierce armor and have flaming arrows sometimes, and live on a jungle planet and they build mayan pyramids and stuff.They would be easy to mow down with any gun though, they have 5 hearts, and are 1.5x as fast as a player!
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Or they can also worship you like a god and can become your soldiers, with a little armo, guns, and training.Plus a good alternative to robots(More tactical, but not as armored or strong, faster though), but you have to make a camp on their planet to recruit them.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 am

tacokingbob wrote:
Or they can also worship you like a god and can become your soldiers, with a little armo, guns, and training.Plus a good alternative to robots(More tactical, but not as armored or strong, faster though), but you have to make a camp on their planet to recruit them.

We're talking about a mod here, not a RPG. Maybe I'm the only one, but I feel like this is going beyond a mod into an area that was never intended for this mod.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 am

Ectrimble was right in calling it a total conversion mod. And even we don't know where it will ultimately lead. RPG aspects are not terribly far-fetched.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Explanation   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:25 am

Ok i guess I was to fast
Search for Minecraft Player Model Api (I can´t post it Stupid Rules)
I wrote every Race should be takeable understood?
Ok and it wouldn´t be Natural i mean You fight against Killer Aliens who can Mutate or against Killer Robots
You think this Alien Races would be far to strong?
Wrong The Aliens must go on this Slime and support it with food and Only OPs or Admins can give orders
The Techs Have to stay in an Energy Field and die through Magnet Pulses
You just must decide the Race of your Server and then you can Play as Alien
I don´t talk about Over programmed NPCs
Or harmless Aliens

And this mod Just changes the world generation and such stuff I understand that Vehicles wouldn´t work but other Things like Basic Blocks should do.
Of course the most things would be In this mod anyway just copy it 3 Times change the cost the Texture the Sound and you got everything.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:38 am

Cool3303 wrote:
Ok i guess I was to fast
Search for Minecraft Player Model Api (I can´t post it Stupid Rules)
I wrote every Race should be takeable understood?
Ok and it wouldn´t be Natural i mean You fight against Killer Aliens who can Mutate or against Killer Robots
You think this Alien Races would be far to strong?
Wrong The Aliens must go on this Slime and support it with food and Only OPs or Admins can give orders
The Techs Have to stay in an Energy Field and die through Magnet Pulses
You just must decide the Race of your Server and then you can Play as Alien
I don´t talk about Over programmed NPCs
Or harmless Aliens

And this mod Just changes the world generation and such stuff I understand that Vehicles wouldn´t work but other Things like Basic Blocks should do.
Of course the most things would be In this mod anyway just copy it 3 Times change the cost the Texture the Sound and you got everything.

Albnsilhglsingslkn?

Oh wait, have we stopped talking gibberish?
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:21 pm

I want to ban you JUST for the many capitalization errors. Though in my opinion, this mod is about having the freedom to build your own things. Minecraft is about freedom. RPGs restrict that.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 pm

RPGs wouldn't be there to restrict what you can do, but rather something to enhance the universe and give players something interesting to do when not fighting each other or playing with ship designs. And it certainly wouldn't be a running narrative type deal. More like an MMO where you are just taking jobs for payment.

Also I'm getting so very, very tired of the whole hating on people's grammar and spelling. I don't like it either but the ensuing arguments derail perfectly good threads.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:35 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
RPGs wouldn't be there to restrict what you can do, but rather something to enhance the universe and give players something interesting to do when not fighting each other or playing with ship designs. And it certainly wouldn't be a running narrative type deal. More like an MMO where you are just taking jobs for payment.

Also I'm getting so very, very tired of the whole hating on people's grammar and spelling. I don't like it either but the ensuing arguments derail perfectly good threads.

I'll stop hating on bad grammar... Sad
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 pm

But being a Grammar Nazi is half the fun! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:17 pm

I want Futurecraft to have RPGs. So I can pull an RPG out and blow up your dropship! Cool
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:08 pm

I will put in an RPG just for you. But there will be a bug which prevents it from ever shooting in the direction you want. We will never get around to fixing this bug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next