Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Grounded: Icefields

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 pm

The cargo bay was a disappointing view.
The stuff that hadn't been thrown into space had been destroyed by the crates of explosives that had gotten loose during the fall. Really, it was a wonder there was still a floor.
"So we have to hunt for food, then. Dammit, then I need to know what planet we are really on.." Jake said to himself.
He decided to go to the cockpit, the most plausible place to find out just that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Jack slowly but surely wakes up. Looking around he realizes that the doors to the bridge are sealed shut.

"Oh. That's not good." He picks himself off the floor and moves toward a console in the wall.

>>Activate Evac Flare

A bright red flare shoots into the sky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Helion arrived at the ship, visibly shaking and barely able to breathe. He crawled towards an opening in the ship but gave up before actually getting into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Parable looked up at the horizon. He could see the plume of smoke from the ship, but it was still 3 kilometers away.

And he had overestimated the suit power; it was dying now. He had shut off all unnecessary functions long before-hand, even the monitoring systems, but no dice. Thermal power was extremely taxing.

He figured that the best course of action was to wait out the storm, conserve power, maybe even find a source of power. So he settled by some rocks and began digging out a small igloo in the snow. Once finished, he crawled inside and slept.

Not noticing, of course, the whine of engines outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:46 am

In the cockpit, Jake managed to find one screen that wasn't completely destroyed.
"All right, let's see what planet we've crashed on..." he said as he started typing away.

[PLANET: THAMIN 4]
[SYSTEM: THAMINUS SYSTEM]
[CIVILISATION: NONE]
[ENVIRONMENT: MOSTLY ARCTIC, WITH SLIGHTLY WARMER AREAS AROUND EQUATOR]
[WILDLIFE: UNKNOWN]

Now Jake started getting worried.
No wildlife meant no food, and no food was one of the things he feared most about the planet.
Water they had enough of, what with the entire planet being a big snowball, if they could just find a heat source to melt it.
Heat source. That reminded him.
There was a Solari among the crew, a species that needed heat. This could be fatal on a snow planet.
He hurried outside to find it, and was greeted by a snowstorm. He eventually found the solari, however, and dragged him inside.

OOC: How heat resistant are the Solari? Can I just launch a fire grenade or something at him?

Last edited by Daynel on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:11 pm

OOC: Ahem. Daynel, the poles of th eplanet would be even colder, unless it's got a crazy axial tilt (which it doesn't).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
OOC: Ahem. Daynel, the poles of th eplanet would be even colder, unless it's got a crazy axial tilt (which it doesn't).
Yeah, sorry. Fixed it.
I haven't been able to brain properly for days now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:48 pm

OOC: Return to roleplaying.

BIC: Markus stumbled up tot eh bridge. Noting the sealed blast doors, he opened the panel beside the hatchway and began mucking with the electrics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:43 pm

OOC: 335 C is considered a deadly fever.

Upon being dragged inside, He coughed and barely managed to speak.

"Thanks"

Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:27 pm

OOC: Ahem.

BIC:
Hearing someone on the other side of the door he moved to the door.

"Come to me. Shed this life." He heard a voice from behind him.

"If you gonna abandon me then get it over with." Jack said not looking behind him.

"Do it for me please honey." He felt her hands moving to grab his. He pushed them away grabbing his pistol he turned toward the door.

"He has to know to know." Putting the gun up to his head he waited.

"I'm right here honey." He felt her warm hands around his neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 pm

The Owl scout looked at the still Librarian lying before him and decided what to do.

He walked over to him and checked his pulse. Weak... but there. This Librarian would die soon if he wasn't treated quickly. He walked back out and signaled the pilot with a few wing messages, while attaching his plasma-rifle to his armor. The cargo door opened, and the scout walked in. He grabbed an anti-grav stretcher and dragged it behind him to the Librarian.

As he loaded the Librarian onto the stretched, he envisioned a promotion in his mind. For this capture... captain. He would finally move up in the ranks. His eyes seemed to sparkle with anticipation as he pushed the stretcher into the back of the small gunship and closed the door.

No Strigiforme had ever captured a Librarian before- They were simply too crafty. And to boot, this one had a MOXUS system on it, a one unlike any model seen previously by Strigiforme agents. As the gunship took off, the owl contacted the base and informed them of their find.

Last edited by Quadraxis on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:19 pm

OOC: So... are we ending this? or is there something I'm too stupid to understand?

Helion, still very cold, walked over to a near by fire and sat in it. after a few minutes, Helion stood up and looked around.

"Is there anything that can be done that would be advantageous?"
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 pm

OOC: Nope, this is still going. Parable has been kidnapped- Nobody will know where he is until it's too late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
OOC: Nope, this is still going. Parable has been kidnapped- Nobody will know where he is until it's too late.
got that part. From what I can tell you're quitting? right?
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:58 am

Solar112 wrote:
Quadraxis wrote:
got that part. From what I can tell you're quitting? right?
That just means we'll have to go get him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:20 am

OOC: have I died? Or can I just say I had another system crash?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:34 am

Prototype wrote:
OOC: have I died? Or can I just say I had another system crash?
You can say that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:13 pm

[Redacted]

Last edited by Fleet Admiral Error on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
The Owl scout looked at the still Librarian lying before him and decided what to do.

He walked over to him and checked his pulse. Weak... but there. This Librarian would die soon if he wasn't treated quickly. He walked back out and signaled the pilot with a few wing messages, while slinging his plasma rifle over his shoulder. The cargo door opened, and the scout walked in. He grabbed an anti-grav stretcher and dragged it behind him to the Librarian.

As he loaded the Librarian onto the stretched, he envisioned a promotion in his mind. For this capture... captain. He would finally move up in the ranks. His eyes seemed to sparkle with anticipation as he pushed the stretcher into the back of the small gunship and closed the door.

No Strigiforme had ever captured a Librarian before- They were simply too crafty. And to boot, this one had a MOXUS system on it, a one unlike any model seen previously by Strigiforme agents. As the gunship took off, the owl contacted the base and informed them of their find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Quadraxis wrote:

He walked over to him and checked his pulse. Weak... but there. This Librarian would die soon if he wasn't treated quickly. He walked back out and signaled the pilot with a few wing messages, while slinging his plasma rifle over his shoulder. The cargo door opened, and the scout walked in. He grabbed an anti-grav stretcher and dragged it behind him to the Librarian.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Error, how the fuck do you know it's owls? And not just some unheard of ice bird that steals shiny shit or something? It's not like you can see him, and God Modding ruins the RP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 pm

At proto and Tiel- Did I somehow mess up the messages thing? With the wings and shoulder thing? Or what? I don't see anything wrong

At Error- The sensors are destroyed and Parable deactivated all non-critical system processes on his MOXUS (Meaning that you can't track him.) Nobody knows he was taken.

I am not leaving RP- I'm playing a story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
At proto and Tiel- Did I somehow mess up the messages thing? With the wings and shoulder thing? Or what? I don't see anything wrong

At Error- The sensors are destroyed and Parable deactivated all non-critical system processes on his MOXUS (Meaning that you can't track him.) Nobody knows he was taken.

I am not leaving RP- I'm playing a story.
Alright, I'll go revert that. But be aware - unless you manage on your own, you're considered dead unless the crew finds otherwise.
(And I think they mean that birds don't have shoulders as such.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Helion, seeing that noone was going to respond to him, he decided to go check the armoury. After reaching the armoury, he looked through the crates, almost none of it can be used.

OOC: @Error, sure they do, I would assume their shoulders would be the upper part of the place where their wings meet their body.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Solar112 wrote:
Helion, seeing that noone was going to respond to him, he decided to go check the armoury. After reaching the armoury, he looked through the crates, almost none of it can be used.

OOC: @Error, sure they do, I would assume their shoulders would be the upper part of the place where their wings meet their body.
Have you seen a bird before? The only thing really connecting them is some bone (which is flight-geared, by the way - insufficient for any real weight), and skin, so they don't really have shoulders in the contemporary sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded: Icefields   

Back to top Go down

Grounded: Icefields
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: