Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Upgradable UI

Go down 
+2
Ivan2006
fr0stbyte124
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm not sure whether we really talked about this or not, but what do you think about the idea of buffs which affect the UI? They'd take the form of skills or bionic augmentations. Say, for instance, you had a ship interface augmentation which let you see wires behind walls, or when you are on a planet, see ships moving around in orbit. Or different people might see different GUIs when using the same interface depending on their skill tree.

In other words, if people had passive superpowers which affect the look and play of the game, what would you like to see?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 pm

I'd personally prefer the possibilty of visual augmentation in maybe different kinds e.g. bio-scanners highlight life forms (all players, mobs, NPCs and animals) and an electromagnetic scanner will highlight machinery, or even a HUD GPS-system (minimap, requires being on a planet with established GPS network to function)
Also in vehicles (like fighters), which, as far as I´ve managed to understand the plan will be modular, the HUD may be different depending on the tier/kind of electronics/sensors included. (e.g. better electronics give you to have more stats on your HUD, allowing for a better understanding of the situation)

Of course, that´s only the military part.
I don´t really know of other functions for that system tough.
sounds great anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm

I really like this idea, but I think it would be better to just have an abstract system of UI upgrades, and let players create their own layouts/powers, similar to the Hero/Champions RPG system if anyone knows what that is.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Ljubljana wrote:
I really like this idea, but I think it would be better to just have an abstract system of UI upgrades, and let players create their own layouts/powers, similar to the Hero/Champions RPG system if anyone knows what that is.
This, with the types and accuracy of the UI systems depending on the technology's tier.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Maybe a block that let's you customize a visor helmet thing? Like basic layouts with 5 types of meter(like hunger or health) that you can drag to various areas. Each tier would give you more options, like maybe a minimap or radar or ship location thing. It would be neat if it were customizable, so people could do things like get rid of hunger if their suit feeds them or something.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:56 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Maybe a block that let's you customize a visor helmet thing? Like basic layouts with 5 types of meter(like hunger or health) that you can drag to various areas. Each tier would give you more options, like maybe a minimap or radar or ship location thing. It would be neat if it were customizable, so people could do things like get rid of hunger if their suit feeds them or something.
I was thinking something more customization than that, like some sort of graphical scripting language.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:59 pm

That sounds horrifying.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Not really, I picked up the NXT language in about 5 minutes. And you could always just use presets.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Ljubljana wrote:
Not really, I picked up the NXT language in about 5 minutes. And you could always just use presets.
The NXT language isn't even a thing. Technically yes it's a programming language, but it's designed solely so five-year-olds can figure out how to make their robot turn around. It isn't a good example of... anything, really.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Ljubljana wrote:
The NXT language isn't even a thing. Technically yes it's a programming language, but it's designed solely so five-year-olds can figure out how to make their robot turn around. It isn't a good example of... anything, really.
Well, it's sort of what I meant in terms of simplicity, but now that I think about it a scripting language wouldn't really make any sense, although I still think there should be some sort of 'advanced' content creation for technology in general, not just this UI thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upgradable UI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upgradable UI   Upgradable UI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgradable UI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: