Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 super weapon...............maybe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I can't guarantee the Nether will work. But the End shouldn't be a problem.

If I ask why, will I understand your answer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:02 am

We've been over this. Worlds are on a cylinder. The nether is 1/8th the size. It gets complicated.

To which you said stick the nether underneath the crust, which I can try but I don't know if that's will work. Not to mention it will make worlds more complicated to run than they already are, for a number of reasons I don't really want to get in to.

I suppose you could just make the portals outside the normal area teleport to some random spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 441
Join date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 am

What purpose does the nether server in future craft?

Glow stone? I'm sure we can create an alternative. I don't see what the big deal of not having the nether as part of Future Craft would be, if it's even really that big of a deal, same goes for the End. I'd much rather strip that out, as a matter of fact I'd strip out all the useless junk if I had forever to work on this, but at least strip as much stock crap that isn't going to be useful out. Isn't this topic suppose to be about super weapon........ mabey..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:38 am

ectrimble20 wrote:
What purpose does the nether server in future craft?

Glow stone? I'm sure we can create an alternative. I don't see what the big deal of not having the nether as part of Future Craft would be, if it's even really that big of a deal, same goes for the End. I'd much rather strip that out, as a matter of fact I'd strip out all the useless junk if I had forever to work on this, but at least strip as much stock crap that isn't going to be useful out. Isn't this topic suppose to be about super weapon........ mabey..... Very Happy

Our topics slowly evolve to becoming quite out of tune...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:31 am

But remain productive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 104
Location : In a bunker waiting for the wl invasion

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:19 am

ectrimble20 wrote:
What purpose does the nether server in future craft?

Glow stone? I'm sure we can create an alternative. I don't see what the big deal of not having the nether as part of Future Craft would be, if it's even really that big of a deal, same goes for the End. I'd much rather strip that out, as a matter of fact I'd strip out all the useless junk if I had forever to work on this, but at least strip as much stock crap that isn't going to be useful out. Isn't this topic suppose to be about super weapon........ mabey..... Very Happy

Hey respect Notch and the things he had done
And of course some of us think about Super weapons and try to tell the others that antimatter can´t be generated realistic

@Ach0025 Okay you fire Protons,Electrons,Neutrons or whatever on anything and then you got Antimatter but logically anything would be in the stuff so you can´t move it away cause even the Atoms of Solid stuff are moving and would touch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 am

Cool3303 wrote:
ectrimble20 wrote:
What purpose does the nether server in future craft?

Glow stone? I'm sure we can create an alternative. I don't see what the big deal of not having the nether as part of Future Craft would be, if it's even really that big of a deal, same goes for the End. I'd much rather strip that out, as a matter of fact I'd strip out all the useless junk if I had forever to work on this, but at least strip as much stock crap that isn't going to be useful out. Isn't this topic suppose to be about super weapon........ mabey..... Very Happy

Hey respect Notch and the things he had done
And of course some of us think about Super weapons and try to tell the others that antimatter can´t be generated realistic

@Ach0025 Okay you fire Protons,Electrons,Neutrons or whatever on anything and then you got Antimatter but logically anything would be in the stuff so you can´t move it away cause even the Atoms of Solid stuff are moving and would touch it.
Or liquid or gas stuff. But there is this thing called a vacuum. Empty. No atoms of either kind. And that is where you hold the antimatter. And, now you say Notch and Jeb. Funny. I always thought of the nether as an alternate plane, not just under the earth. Otherwise, falling through the void would lead to the nether. The End is definitely an alternate dimension. Don't remove them, just don't draw them. Call them "Alternate Apocalyptic Dimensions." And don't show them from space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Keon wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:
ectrimble20 wrote:
What purpose does the nether server in future craft?

Glow stone? I'm sure we can create an alternative. I don't see what the big deal of not having the nether as part of Future Craft would be, if it's even really that big of a deal, same goes for the End. I'd much rather strip that out, as a matter of fact I'd strip out all the useless junk if I had forever to work on this, but at least strip as much stock crap that isn't going to be useful out. Isn't this topic suppose to be about super weapon........ mabey..... Very Happy

Hey respect Notch and the things he had done
And of course some of us think about Super weapons and try to tell the others that antimatter can´t be generated realistic

@Ach0025 Okay you fire Protons,Electrons,Neutrons or whatever on anything and then you got Antimatter but logically anything would be in the stuff so you can´t move it away cause even the Atoms of Solid stuff are moving and would touch it.
Or liquid or gas stuff. But there is this thing called a vacuum. Empty. No atoms of either kind. And that is where you hold the antimatter. And, now you say Notch and Jeb. Funny. I always thought of the nether as an alternate plane, not just under the earth. Otherwise, falling through the void would lead to the nether. The End is definitely an alternate dimension. Don't remove them, just don't draw them. Call them "Alternate Apocalyptic Dimensions." And don't show them from space.

I've always thought ithe End was under the regular world, and then the Nether was an alternate dimension. also, I dont like the End, it was just added as a slap-dash finish to a game that shouldnt even have the idea of an end in the code. The credits should just be a button in the menu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 104
Location : In a bunker waiting for the wl invasion

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Keon you just don´t know how stupid things you write. 0,001% would hit an Atom if it is in a row with other and then you need 1million to make Antimatter but it would replace the Old Atom and theAtoms which are at the sides of it would touch and then you got no Antimatter just energy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:47 pm

I can't understand that, sorry. If what you mean is that if you store antimatter in a airtight room it will still dissimilar because it will hit the ground or air or other positive mass, I know that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GroundBurg_Coder13
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm

unless said vacuum room had electromagnetic forces acting upon the walls to prevent such interaction ( as antimatter is very affected by magnetic forces)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
Keon you just don´t know how stupid things you write. 0,001% would hit an Atom if it is in a row with other and then you need 1million to make Antimatter but it would replace the Old Atom and theAtoms which are at the sides of it would touch and then you got no Antimatter just energy.

Another post like that, and I'll ban you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Correct to whoever said the stuff about magnetism. That's how we contain A-matter now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:10 pm

I get the feeling he hates me. Please, I have no need to fight with you. Can we stop, Cool3303?
Ready the photon torpedoes, prepare to fire if he says no.
The above was a joke.
I will use a mass driver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Keon wrote:
I get the feeling he hates me. Please, I have no need to fight with you. Can we stop, Cool3303?
Ready the photon torpedoes, prepare to fire if he says no.
The above was a joke.
I will use a mass driver.

I'm on your side, so he better listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 703
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 47
Location : At Aperture Science, testing P-Body and Atlas.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Didn't we already have this kind of thing in a different thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 104
Location : In a bunker waiting for the wl invasion

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Okay Guys last time you have to fire an Electron(or whatever) on any Atom but you would never hit it so you take a block but if you hit it and Antimatter is created It would be in the block (almost every time) and any Atom moves (yes also the Atoms from solid stuff) so you can´t take it out before it hits another Atom I draw you a Pic from it

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven bounce bounce bounce Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven bounce bounce bounce
Arrow Like a Star @ heaven bounce bounce bounce And then you got Antimatter bounce What a Face bounce
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven bounce bounce bounce Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven bounce bounce bounce

I just ignore the fact that I should draw 1million Arrows to show you how mad this is.
You see you can´t get it out of the other stuff ( the Stars are placeholders youst don´t watch them)
The bouncy things are Atoms th Arrow is the thing you fire at it and the Face is the Antimatter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GroundBurg_Coder13
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 pm

By that logic, yes capturing the antimatter would be nearly impossible before it interacted with the blocks atoms, but why would you fire an electron at a block ( which has roughly 2.64x10^29 atoms ). That would be a horrible way to produce antimatter. Instead, make a machine (block) that is similar to the Large Hadron Collider to fire single particles at each other to produce (at a small chance) antimatter (often antihydrogen as only one positron, antineutron, and antiproton is needed to bind for antihydrogen. **[This is the basic concept of what humans are doing to date, (other than the PS210 experiment for the production of purely antihydrogen)]

If you are going to come up with these ideas, atleast research the real world concepts to make the idea that much more logical.

And on a side note, anti subatomic particles (positrons, antineutrons ,etc.) are constantly being made naturally by the degradation of matter, and can actually (possibly) be mined/ collected in space as there is a vacuum and the antiM to Matter ratio is higher on the antiM side, leaving only antiM in the certain area of the universe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:01 am

By definition, there is no such thing as an antineutron, although I do know what you mean by the word (positron+antiproton as opposed to proton+electron).

Related to the mod, my logic is as follows:

Antimatter today is considered the world's most valuable substance by mass (measured in the billions to trillions of dollars per gram of anti-hydrogen and anti-helium). HOWEVER, it cannot be sustained for any more than a short period of time. Recently, a team of Canadian-led researchers ('ALPHA') set a world record by storing neutral antimatter for about 17 minutes, which is larger than the previous record by an incredible amount.

This means that antimatter in the mod is fundamentally unrealistic (since stable antihydrogen and antihelium are neutral, and anything more than that is too damn expensive) and it's long term storage requires either the violation of several basic laws of physics or the manipulation of an activated Higgs Boson field (which I already know is not going to be technology in the mod, because of the balance issues that come from the ability to place a tier 6 core and dreadnought weapons on a fighter sized craft that can travel anywhere in the universe instantly).
.
.
.
.
.
I'll stop now before my love of quantum physics takes over too much and gives everyone headaches for the next 6 weeks, so tl;dr antimatter is problematic (to say the least) for use as anything, and we should be more focused on nuclear fusion as a realistic source of power and boom-boom.

Oh, and for the record, antimatter is produced from high-energy subatomic interactions similar to what (dare I say it) cool3303 was saying, but at a much higher success rate. It's capturing it after that kills the ratios.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:44 am

This is science fiction. Not science fact. The same principles that allow us to have long lasting antimatter allow us to have sound in space, namely: fiction.

Fiction. Not fact.

And besides, it wasn't too long ago that we "knew" that light traveled through an invisible, untouchable substance called the Ether.

Fiction. Not fact. We don't know that much about the Universe to make judgments.

I think that is the definition of clear.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am

This thread accidentally my brain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 17
Location : Ancapistan

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
daman200 wrote:
Put a antimatter generator on your ship! PROBLEM SOLVED!

An electron Acellerator this things are huge (3miles or so) and again it turns anything it touches in Energy You can´t transport it
well Maybe with an Energy Field but you can´t talk the Antimatter don´t to touch the Material it is in

If you make it unrealistic you could get your antimatter by using the Ender Dragon Egg in an Machine this would make them insanely
Important and could provide a reason to fight.

And Antimatter is antimatter no one is asking about anti-protons or anti-neutrons
The point about it is it wouldn´t work in reality so we must make a thing with a little bit more character than an AntimatterGenerator
SPEAK ENGLISH DAMMIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:
daman200 wrote:
Put a antimatter generator on your ship! PROBLEM SOLVED!

An electron Acellerator this things are huge (3miles or so) and again it turns anything it touches in Energy You can´t transport it
well Maybe with an Energy Field but you can´t talk the Antimatter don´t to touch the Material it is in

If you make it unrealistic you could get your antimatter by using the Ender Dragon Egg in an Machine this would make them insanely
Important and could provide a reason to fight.

And Antimatter is antimatter no one is asking about anti-protons or anti-neutrons
The point about it is it wouldn´t work in reality so we must make a thing with a little bit more character than an AntimatterGenerator
SPEAK ENGLISH DAMMIT
That's Cool you're talking about. Things like grammar don't apply to him.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I guess you could say...

Cool

He's above the law.


YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am

How about antimatter can be found in space naturally so you wouldn´t have to produce it.





YEAH! My first...
NECROPOST
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   

Back to top Go down
 
super weapon...............maybe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Super Mario Mushroom Kingdom Warp Pipe Game
» New Super Mario Bros. 2 lag discussion
» Super Scribblenauts List of Awesome Things!
» Feature: Top 6 Best Super Mario Galaxy Series Galaxies Part 1!
» Strange Facts: Star World Was Initially In Super Mario Galaxy!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: