Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Trust me. I'm a woman.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Also note that since you seem to be letting your emotions taint your responses
wut

That post was as cold and sterile as the artificial wombs it's about.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Perhaps consider it wasn't addressed to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
I revised my post. Might want to modify yours to reflect that.

Also note that since you seem to be letting your emotions taint your responses, I'm only offering a contrasting viewpoint here. By no means do I firmly believe anything I'm saying right now.
I was just offering an something to contrast your view point. It's simply coincidence that my responses happen to align somewhat with my opinion. It'll take me a while to get a response for your edited post.

Last edited by Solar112 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
We have a quote feature for a reason, you know. That's what it's for.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Solar112 wrote:

And those people need to be executed. Stupidity is a societal flaw, and needs to be eliminated.

pic related
:

MercurySteam wrote:
WARNING: (PARTIALLY IRRELEVANT) VENTING HATH OCCURRED.

People are stupid. In general, people are stupid. That's the largest problem with a lot of things, people are too stupid to think objectively or too scared to challenge the dogma set by stupid people. And stupid's not really something you can fix. You can show someone an objective point of view, show them the things you believe in, expose them to your entire philosophy, but there's no way you can make them start thinking in reality without the tinted glasses society's taught them to wear. Even if you directly question why they continue to submit and they have no answer, even if you give them a foothold from which to question themselves, they'll refuse.

Everyone has their own window through which they perceive the world, it's up to the individual whether or not to draw the curtain. From this changing view do people develop their own malleable truths. I don't mean to support a single idea or belief, rather a way of creating ideas, a process of thought.
Why is that opinion any more valid then, say, a jihadist's opinion? Because it's more comfortable?

Last edited by Ljubljana on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm

SLIGHTLY MORE RELEVANT. *puts up 10 foot pole*

Genetically, females are superior. The Y chromosome will eventually degrade through millions of generations because it exchanges no information with any other. If we're looking at the scenario where the human race survives billions of years and we're observing such an absurd timeframe. Realistically, we will have probably perfected human cloning at that point. Or the singularity. Or something.

Intellectually, men and women are basically equals. Men do tend to be better in the maths then women because we have greater spacial perception and such, but that advantage is negligible among many males. Intelligence varies greatly in both genders. Obviously.

Males and females have about the same capacity for creativity, though women tend toward the emotionally expressive arts more than the males, which side with symbolism and literal styles and mediums.

Females fare better socially. Facial recognition, expressive communication, body language, etc.

Males are generally larger and gain muscle easier than females due to elevated levels of testosterone. This also means that males are more competitive and generally less pleasant to be around.

WOMEN CAN MAKE ANOTHER HUMAN if they are supplied a sperm cell to swap chromosomes with. Unfortunately, this means that they have to undergo extremely painful labor and have the lining of their uterus fall out of them every month.

That's all I can think of right now. It's pretty much even, I think, and the stuff that really matters (intelligence, creativity, all that) can be manipulated by societal pressures to the point where natural advantages don't really matter that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 pm

You think being a human is sucky? Owl females have to lay an egg then watch said egg for 14-18 months. If they don't watch the egg their bodies secrete a hormone they makes them compulsively try and get to their egg, which they temporarily imprint onto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:12 pm

I agree, but that doesn't mean they should occupy the same positions. Woman are more useful protected in a 'maternal' position(motherhood, other things I can't remember), men are made to be expendable(wars, labour, etc.). And being better in math is a pretty damn important difference in a technological society.

ACH0225 wrote:
You think being a human is sucky? Owl females have to lay an egg then watch said egg for 14-18 months.  
Human females have to do that for 2-22 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:18 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
You think being a human is sucky? Owl females have to lay an egg then watch said egg for 14-18 months. If they don't watch the egg their bodies secrete a hormone they makes them compulsively try and get to their egg, which they temporarily imprint onto.  
I fail to see the difference between that and a baby.

Ljubljana wrote:

snip:

Why is that opinion any more valid then, say, a jihadist's opinion? Because it's more comfortable?
If you'll look closely at the text you will find that I never actually said anything about an opinion other than my own, and that opinion was just that the average person lacks the ability to think objectively.

E: Also if you'd take another look at my last post, you'll see that I've stated that it is societal pressures more than nature that place people of one gender into a role, and that the advantage men have in logical thinking is small.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:51 am

So the gender debate has reached the forum?
I guess it was only a matter of time...

My contribution is:
1: Women could technically survive without men, once we have the ability to clone sperm cells.
2: Men could technically survive without women, once we have the ability to clone egg cells.
3: Machines could technically survive without anyone else, once they get sentience and therefore are alive.
4: Why is it called Feminism if it's about equality?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:49 am

Although I have no specific opinion about it, it is a fact that different genders do better in different roles and there are subjects that are traditionally dominated by a specific gender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:46 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
We have a quote feature for a reason, you know. That's what it's for.
I mean yeah, it's not like you posted in the same time that I was typing that up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 am

You don't really need to make a sperm/egg cell if you're going to clone something, all you need is an intact nucleus. This, however, would eliminate genetic variation. You could, feasibly, use information from two ova (result would always be female) or two sperm cells, as long as they don't both contain a Y. It's a lot easier to just combine the two and then let the thing grow in another human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:40 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 am

Tiel+ wrote:

Tiel, I am disappoint. Is it your shitstorm time of the month?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 am

Just thought those were mildly amusing.

To put it in context, it is a satire site - if you're taking either of those seriously you're doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am

The stated goal of Cyanide & Happiness is to offend every demographic at least once.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07 am

I can't see much offense in it, it is like that truth ppl don't like but hey big strong man is sexism yes Razz .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:32 am

Tiel+ wrote:

To put it in context, it is a satire site - if you're taking either of those seriously you're doing it wrong.
I was more talking about the necro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:44 am

Honest question: how big of a deal is necroing on this forum? We've got a skeleton crew at the moment, and only a handful of live threads on any given board. It's not like bumping old topics is going to obscure the current ones from anyone frequenting the board, so why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Honest question: how big of a deal is necroing on this forum?  We've got a skeleton crew at the moment, and only a handful of live threads on any given board.  It's not like bumping old topics is going to obscure the current ones from anyone frequenting the board, so why not?
Because LJS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:48 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Honest question: how big of a deal is necroing on this forum?  We've got a skeleton crew at the moment, and only a handful of live threads on any given board.  It's not like bumping old topics is going to obscure the current ones from anyone frequenting the board, so why not?
Skeleton crew at the moment. We've got to operate under the assumption that we're going to have a lot more people eventually. I think it wisest to be used to behaving as though there are others watching, so that when there are people won't have to adjust.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Tiel+ wrote:

I don't think they've ever made fun of the Orthodox church, I'm probably wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

So you're saying it would be preferable to create an entirely new thread when one addressing the exact same subject is but a few topics down the page? Which do you think clutters the forum more?

I've never understood the stigma against 'necros'. The logic behind it is flawed at best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:29 pm

The bad necros aren't the ones that revive the discussion in a thread near the bottom of the first page. They're the ones where hyperlite or someone like him finds a thread from last October and posts "Lol, I think that too", where the purpose is not to restart the discussion but just to be an asshole. It can be difficult to distinguish between those, though, so a line has to be drawn somewhere. The discussion should be over whether you think it should be a few weeks or a month or the bottom of the first page or what, not whether or not it should be a rule at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trust me. I'm a woman.   

Back to top Go down

Trust me. I'm a woman.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next