Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Issues with steam.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 am

So I have been unable to use steam lately because of one (I can't spell)persistant(I can't spell) issue, No mater what I try, steam says it is unable to connect to the internet, I'm trying uninstalling and reinstalling but that process has been temporarily put to a hold because only an administrator (my father) is allowed to make changes to the applications folder. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:03 pm

*persistent

Steam works just fine for me, and if it can't connect then it's a problem with your internet, maybe the port it needs isn't open or something. Does your dad or anyone else mess around with the router a lot? Try restarting the router/modem, if you can, that helped me last time I had this problem.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 pm

well obviously Luna still has access to the internet, considering she was able to write this...
I donĀ“t know what could cause the problem with Steam tough, maybe something with your account data?
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 pm

I've had this problem while my internet was still sort of up, and she could be using a phone or something anyway. try restarting the computer, although I assume you've already done that.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Ljubljana wrote:
I've had this problem while my internet was still sort of up, and she could be using a phone or something anyway. try restarting the computer, although I assume you've already done that.
Also restart the router.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Keon wrote:
Ljubljana wrote:
Also restart the router.
Yep, I said that in my earlier post.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:28 pm

The most important thing is what's changed since the last time Steam worked. Without that it's just using old wife remedies blindly in the hopes that one will work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Issues with steam. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues with steam.   Issues with steam. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issues with steam.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: