Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Jedi has pretty much become the



as someone on the previous forum put it, 'the pole up jedi's butt has a pole up it's butt'. The recent locking of a thread in which nearly everyone was enjoying themselves for no reason other than his own personal opinion and unwillingness to participate exacerbates the point.

These days he seems to view his moderation powers as more of a device for enforcing what he thinks is right and wrong rather than actually applying the forum rules on a daily basis - the role for which he was initially given the powers in the first place. As no one possesses the power to remove Jedi from his position, I instead view this as a petition for Jedi to stay the hell away from the lock button unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

To be fair those threads were going kinda out of control and a bit into some questionable content. (Not the ponies. The ponies are fine. As long as they aren't nude.)

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2012-03-26
Age : 19
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Keon wrote:
To be fair those threads were going kinda out of control and a bit into some questionable content. (Not the ponies. The ponies are fine. As long as they aren't nude.)
Aren't they technically nude? I believe you're looking for "Displaying explicit content."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Jedi, you have my permission to start deleting Tiel's stupid threads outright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:51 am

Thirded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-09-08
Location : *snap snap*

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 am

Fourthed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 am

This is, I believe, the first time I have locked a thread without the direct request of the original poster since the move back to this forum. I haven't issued any points since the move, either. So, yeah, basically that's nonsense. I've barely touched my powers in months. I have mostly stopped trying to enforce the rule against swearing, because it seems to be a lost cause, but I can't think of anything else.

It's worth noting that I only locked those threads. I don't know who deleted them.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ljubljana
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 150
Join date : 2013-08-22
Age : 23
Location : I never leave

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:59 am

It's because he hates southerners I bet. I'll contact the ACLU if this harassment continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:15 pm

^

Lolwut?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ljubljana
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 150
Join date : 2013-08-22
Age : 23
Location : I never leave

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 pm

^

I live in Georgia and consider myself proud to be a southerner, this is obviously a case of cultural discrimination.
It's funny because we live in the same city
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:10 pm

A what ? I don't get how you got to that conclusion, if it has anything to do with the request to take action against your post that won't really help you make your point there and honestly I wouldn't touch that issue either as you won't get a ban anyway ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ljubljana
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 150
Join date : 2013-08-22
Age : 23
Location : I never leave

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm just joking around, y so srs?

Edit: Fifthed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
This is, I believe, the first time I have locked a thread without the direct request of the original poster since the move back to this forum. I haven't issued any points since the move, either. So, yeah, basically that's nonsense. I've barely touched my powers in months. I have mostly stopped trying to enforce the rule against swearing, because it seems to be a lost cause, but I can't think of anything else.

It's worth noting that I only locked those threads. I don't know who deleted them.
It was me.  The first thread was derailed literally by post #2, the second was just Tiel being a dork, and the third was Vinyl taunting me to delete his own thread.  Nothing worth saving.


However, if someone wants to try at the grimdark/metal/40K thread again, by all means give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Jedi, you have my permission to start deleting Tiel's stupid threads outright.
Go sit in a burlap sack filled with owl defecation.

Seriously. That's the one thread I've made that could be considered ridiculous since coming back here. The rest have been an attempt to sustain this forum - the RTS project, the various content threads...if I'm going to be penalized for that it just shows where this community is going.

And no, this isn't the first time Jedi's randomly locked a thread. He does it all the time. This frustrates me, because while we have people that blatantly disregard the rules, Jedi's over here enforcing them when he sees fit as opposed to all the time as per his duty as a moderator. So we're constantly in this drift between ARE RULES VALID? and FUCK THE RULES!, and frankly I honestly think that's LJS's fault as preventing all the time that is the reason he was given his position in the first place.

Furthermore, you yourself, fr0st, are not entirely free from fault, either. Queue 'TIEL SUCKS, FR0ST ROCKS' response posts. Yes, I realize you have a job. Yes, you are busy. But then what possessed you to promise to make this pipe dream a reality in the first place? How could that possibly have seemed like a good idea?

I'm going to get this off my chest right now - you never get anything done. The community has nothing to call its own, nothing to serve as a rock to grab the bits of sediment floating throughout the internet and make the userbase gow. The one thing you do is post a bunch of render theory like anyone here can even understand it. Is the effort admirable? Yes. Do I respect you for at least trying to keep people informed? Yes. But it's not going anywhere. The fact that I passed the old forum files off to you a little under a month ago after you rented your VPS and yet nothing at all has come of it is proof enough of that. People can't say "well, hey, fr0st is working on it" like they used to because it's been over a bloody year since anything resembling progress has been made. And you know what? I completely understand that. You are a commercial developer. It would be the attitude of a five year old child to expect you to spontaneously devote all your time to this project. But I personally have long since given up any hope of FC actually becoming anything tangible. I'm here for the entertaining discussion amongst people that follow the mod, and now even that's falling apart due to negligent moderation.

I want you to prove me wrong fr0st, I really do. Show everyone that it's too soon to call 'gg' on futurecraft.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
And no, this isn't the first time Jedi's randomly locked a thread. He does it all the time.
If you can find another time I've done it, say, this year, I'm all ears.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Jedi likes men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:19 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Jedi likes men.
This is perhaps ironic given the subject of the thread, but I'd say that's a sufficiently unhelpful contribution to the topic to be deserving of a warning point.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Oh no a warning point? What ever will I do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Jedi, you have my permission to start deleting Tiel's stupid threads outright.
Go sit in a burlap sack filled with owl defecation.

Seriously. That's the one thread I've made that could be considered ridiculous since coming back here. The rest have been an attempt to sustain this forum - the RTS project, the various content threads...if I'm going to be penalized for that it just shows where this community is going.

And no, this isn't the first time Jedi's randomly locked a thread. He does it all the time. This frustrates me, because while we have people that blatantly disregard the rules, Jedi's over here enforcing them when he sees fit as opposed to all the time as per his duty as a moderator. So we're constantly in this drift between ARE RULES VALID? and FUCK THE RULES!, and frankly I honestly think that's LJS's fault as preventing all the time that is the reason he was given his position in the first place.

Furthermore, you yourself, fr0st, are not entirely free from fault, either. Queue 'TIEL SUCKS, FR0ST ROCKS' response posts. Yes, I realize you have a job. Yes, you are busy. But then what possessed you to promise to make this pipe dream a reality in the first place? How could that possibly have seemed like a good idea?

I'm going to get this off my chest right now - you never get anything done. The community has nothing to call its own, nothing to serve as a rock to grab the bits of sediment floating throughout the internet and make the userbase gow. The one thing you do is post a bunch of render theory like anyone here can even understand it. Is the effort admirable? Yes. Do I respect you for at least trying to keep people informed? Yes. But it's not going anywhere. The fact that I passed the old forum files off to you a little under a month ago after you rented your VPS and yet nothing at all has come of it is proof enough of that. People can't say "well, hey, fr0st is working on it" like they used to because it's been over a bloody year since anything resembling progress has been made. And you know what? I completely understand that. You are a commercial developer. It would be the attitude of a five year old child to expect you to spontaneously devote all your time to this project. But I personally have long since given up any hope of FC actually becoming anything tangible. I'm here for the entertaining discussion amongst people that follow the mod, and now even that's falling apart due to negligent moderation.

I want you to prove me wrong fr0st, I really do. Show everyone that it's too soon to call 'gg' on futurecraft.

meybe... Embarassed


*edit*
Crap, has it been a month? If I can get out of here before 2AM tonight, I will try to get the other forum up today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
And no, this isn't the first time Jedi's randomly locked a thread. He does it all the time.
If you can find another time I've done it, say, this year, I'm all ears.
Many instances were on the other forum, but you'd really lose in this case seeing as you just locked every single thread on this board out of the blue some time in January. I have no quarrel with you Jedi, but I do find your spotty moderation lacking.

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

meybe... Embarassed


*edit*
Crap, has it been a month? If I can get out of here before 2AM tonight, I will try to get the other forum up today.
Hyperlite said I was being a turd in that post, so if you feel disrespected I apologize. I have every faith in your abilities, just not whether you'll be able to apply them with your busy lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Honestly, I don't think you are physically capable of hurting my feelings.  I am pretty shameless.

And yes, whether Fr0stbyte will ever manage to finish this project at this rate does seem to be the million dollar question.  I'm still banking on the situation I'm in being a temporary thing.
If not, I'll be dead by 30, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Many instances were on the other forum
And if you hadn't killed the other forum you'd be able to prove that and use them against me. Karma is a bitch, isn't it?
Comrade Tiel wrote:
you'd really lose in this case seeing as you just locked every single thread on this board out of the blue some time in January.
This is about me doing stuff on a whim, right? It even says that in the title. That (presumably) means me deciding, all on my lonesome, to lock a thread. Before I locked the old forum, it was generally agreed that that was something that should happen—I didn't just do it because I woke up one day and thought it was a good idea. You didn't like it, although I don't know why, and you've brought it up in the past as something I've done you thought was bad, but that isn't the same as me doing it on a whim. I've locked two or three current threads because the posters asked me to, and that wasn't on a whim, either. Of course, this will be difficult to prove when (not if, I know you too well for if) you deny it, because of the whole removal-of-the-forum thing. What can be easily proven is that this is certainly the first time I've done anything like this in the past month, which makes "all the time" a somewhat odd turn of phrase.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
Many instances were on the other forum
And if you hadn't killed the other forum you'd be able to prove that and use them against me. Karma is a bitch, isn't it?
Yep, really helping your case there.

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
you'd really lose in this case seeing as you just locked every single thread on this board out of the blue some time in January.
This is about me doing stuff on a whim, right? It even says that in the title. That (presumably) means me deciding, all on my lonesome, to lock a thread. Before I locked the old forum, it was generally agreed that that was something that should happen—I didn't just do it because I woke up one day and thought it was a good idea. You didn't like it, although I don't know why, and you've brought it up in the past as something I've done you thought was bad, but that isn't the same as me doing it on a whim. I've locked two or three current threads because the posters asked me to, and that wasn't on a whim, either. Of course, this will be difficult to prove when (not if, I know you too well for if) you deny it, because of the whole removal-of-the-forum thing. What can be easily proven is that this is certainly the first time I've done anything like this in the past month, which makes "all the time" a somewhat odd turn of phrase.
I'm not even going to bother responding to this because I'm not in the mood to argue. Feel free to make like an Iv and declare you've 'won', though, I really don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm

I also said if Fr0st was legitimately offended as a grown man by a 16 year old kid on the internet then he has issues, not you.


Last edited by hyperlite on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim   

Back to top Go down
 
Motion to make Jedi stop locking threads at his whim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How do you make a kangaroo stop hopping?
» Ten Ways to Make Peace With the Past and Create a New Future
» How do I make the login popup show an Image, instead of it's bland colors
» First Day Threads Photo Contest
» can i make the poster details in the topic above the topic

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Judiciary :: Court of Appeals-
Jump to: