Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

The Gamma Incident

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:40 pm

"All right, Tony," Michael said to the mechanic. "Have you found the problem yet?"
"Yeah, the magnets seem to be broken" Tony responded.
"I can't fix it right now, the only spares are at the main storage. And even then I'm not sure we have enough."

Michael looked disappointed.
"So the entire southeastern part of the maglev system is out because of some broken magnets?"
"Yeah, that and the fact that the backup generators are still offline so really the entire network is down. But don't worry, I've got Gerrard working on it. By the way, could you check your hand controller thingy and see if the trams are online?"

Michael took a quick look at his transport monitoring device (TMD from now on).
"Yeah, but they're on backup power so they won't move unless I tell them to."
Tony looked worried for a moment.
"But what if anyone needs to get somewhere?"
"Don't worry," Michael said.
"If any of the stations send a signal for a tram I'll get it right here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Jarus woke up on the floor of the engineering bay, next to the workbench she had been using to repair part of the vectoring module of her ship, which had unexpectedly broken during the flight.

Her MOXUS system had performed an emergency fission during whatever had knocked her out, such ejections normally caused mild to severe burns to the user, however her flight suit has taken most of the heat, but parts of the material has still burnt through, though fortunately the suit was mostly intact.

She stood up, leaning on the workbench while she fought to fund here balance, a common side-effect of emergency fissions. The vectoring module was no longer there, but the tools and here pistol were still lying on the bench.

"Maybe it just fell off?" She thought, but a brief search proved otherwise, the module was no longer in the engineering bay, not too much of a problem. She could easily fly her fighter in its current state should she have to, a more pressing problem was having to locate her MOXUS, emergency ejections could throw the system a few hundred meters away from the user.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 pm

The infrared signatures-3- turned out to be humans. Researchers, to be precise. From what Kaiden could gather, they were working on what was known as the Tau Project, based on hypothetical particles. They had produced what they called a Tau Laser. And they had the prototype with them.

The leader of the three, Amanda Sparks, explained the chain of events. "We were high on the list of evacuations, due to our project," she said, while her friends began helping Jake with communications. "So we were prepped to go when the spikes started. The surface lift is the most energy-intensive operation in the facility, so naturally, powering it in this state is nigh impossible. We decided it was best to stay put." Kaiden nodded.

"So what made you leave?" he asked.

"Security. Three rushed into our room, said something big was approaching and we needed to move immediately. We grabbed essentials- data, medical kits, and the prototype, and escaped through the vent system. They..." She looked down. "The guards were butchered. I turned around, and all I saw was blood." Kaiden was silent. Blood was a common part of his job.

"How'd you get here?"

"Analyzing power conduits. There was still an active connection to this bay, and we followed it. If we could sense it, 'they' might too." Kaiden nodded.

"Jake! How close are you to isolating our connection to the power grid?"

"Not at all," Jake responded, rubbing his forehead. "There is no 'plug', to prevent accidental disconnect. We may be able to overload a voltage gate or two, but we can't fix that with our current staff. It's a one-way decision."

"What about other areas? Labs? Armories?"

"Armories are not connected to the power system, instead running on internal-redundant geothermal systems. Labs have disconnect systems but no backup systems. Our best option, though, is Main Storage."

"Why main storage?"

"Plenty of supplies, geothermal backups, easily defended. Main Storage was designed along the principle of a last-stand situation. Of course, only if you have the access codes."

"Codes?"

"High security, something only top-administrators would have or the Head Researcher, Gordon. Bet the admins are enjoying their cubicle-bunkers." Kaiden signed.

"What about Central Control?"

"Designed as the front-line invasion defense. If the place was ever successfully attacked, Central would be the holding point. Plenty of bulkheads and defense systems, and designed to stand up to anything. But it's probably sealed off, along with all the bureaucratic bastards inside."

"Then we'll prepare to head for Main Storage. Any luck on the transmitter?"

"If we had more duct tape, we could pull it off. But it barely connected to those chaps in the Prototype Testing, before we were cut off. I could bounce the signal off of various amplifier points, but that would limit our coverage."

"Bounce it to Prototype Testing, try to regain contact. We'll inform of our plans. After, we bounce the signal to every section before heading out." He turned to Amanda. "How far do the vent systems run?"

"Each facility has a dedicated vent system. The farthest we could go is to the tram or Maglev stations. This was to prevent cross-contamination."

"And I doubt the trains even work." Kaiden sighed and turned to the wall. There was a small splattering of blood there, from the two patients. They were recovering, though slowly, but they had gained worrying swelling in punctured areas. "We'll give it our best shot."

"Stand by for transmission," Jake said, while adjusting several settings.

OOC: I forgot a tram station to the construction/engineering area! I must fix it

Also, only the station connected to the agriculture areas would be out of commission, because traffic can be re-routed. Small-magnet failures won't affect performance, only large-scale failures, as in several meters of un-powered magnets, will cause problems. And even then, forward momentum. They run on parallel circuits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 am

V'rok was tired; he had not slept since the core discrepancies that had brought the dark ones. He had heard stories; ancient stories. In ancient times they had destroyed an entire planet in under a week; or so the legends would tell.  The night before there had been a surge of activity outside the armoury; and he had heard screams; screams so vivid it would have sent a surge of fear running down the spine of D'laria or "the Bloodlicker" as certain officials had named her. the blood had congealed at an incredible rate; thickening blood slithering under the barricaded door to the armoury. His companion; R'harian was beginning to suffer the effects of plasma deprivation, shivering on the floor. Blood could stave off this condition; but he would not risk eating the blood off the floor; incase the dark ones had somehow contaminated it. He knew he needed to take R'harian to the reactor core to collect plasma; their supplies were still in residential; and he would not risk entering a place so full of the xenophobic humans. He knew he would have to take the corridor; there was not enough space in the maintenance tunnels to carry R'harian. He picked up his sunstaff; and blasted the door; and as it exploded outwards he caught a glimpse of what happened here, images of the fickle humans exploding in a cloud of crimson fluid; though it was not blood; it was too thick, and it congealed at an incredible rate. He realised, the dark ones were poison itself, contaminating even the innards of the humans. He could not have drunk the blood, it would have killed or mutated his body and mind in unthinkable ways. He could only hope they had not done the same to the reactor core; or he and R'harian were almost certainly doomed to oblivion. He grabbed R'harian as he lurched towards the congealed blood; slinging him over his shoulder before sprinting to the walkway; entering the claustrophobic tunnel.

OOC: The Valyrians react weirdly to this sort of stuff; a by product of their genetic engineering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Balic came out from the back.
"Is she going to be ok?"
"Yea. Nothing too bad but I had her rest."
"Good." Lulf smiled. "At least that's good news."
"Anything?"
"No nothing going on out here other then some mice."
"I found out what she does, Scientist of the Energy Labs don't know what she was working on when it happened but I bet she can tell us that."
"When she wakes up."
"Yea. Do you want me to take watch?"
"Nah catch a break you need it."
"Ok tell me if anything happens."
"Will do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Giikyr was both pleased and unhappy with the sealed off bulkheads to Shield Rooms. Pleased because he was safe and had some semblance of stored food(which only opened up when the bulkheads sealed to prevent pigging by greedy people) and unhappy because he was trapped with defense turrets that were programmed by some ass a few minutes before the installation shut down to kill all nonhumans. For a human, this would be good. For an owl, not so much. Fortunately, he was skilled with shield tech, and had enough spare parts and time to jury-rig a strong-enough personal shield. It could stop a few rounds of turret fire, just enough to pass by them to get to the food stores. He was hoping to get a gun sometime soon to kill the turrets so he could cut his way through the bulkheads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:28 am

OOC: If anyone needs a concept explained or a information presented in a straightforward, clear manner, please ask for what information you need. I am trying to adopt policies that will make RP's more transparent, and require less reading, critical thinking, and understanding on the reader's part in order to know what's going on.

BIC:

Kaiden followed one of the security guards closely as they made their way through the vent system, pistol in hand.

They had sent radio transmissions to every sector. Nothing but static and the occasional garble. They had given up after an hour of transmission, and left through the vent systems. Jake was close behind him, endlessly tapping away at a portable access-tablet he had on him. He was guiding them, making sure the route was clear, and at the same time, trying to access various systems. Halfway down one vent, they came across what seemed to be a door. Kaiden motioned for them to form up around it, and then opened it. Seven individual lasers locked onto Kaiden, each blood-red, for a few seconds, before turning green and turning away again. Kaiden breathed, and they stepped inside.

It appeared to be a supply closet. "What is this Jake?" Kaiden asked, as he went through a few of the boxes. Heavy ammunition. The next one contained several 'pods' clearly marked as explosive. Another contained a very large quantity of Di-hydrogen monoxide, according to the label. Kaiden wasn't aware of that particular compound, so he made sure the container was sealed. The last thing they needed was it to get out, and cause problems.

"This is a Energy Transfer station," Jake replied, after tapping away at the tablet. "It appears that the little energy coming in from the Reactor is being fed into nearly 500 different turret stations."

"What good are these turrets?"

"From their last orders..." Jake looked at the tablet in a surprised manner. "Eliminate all non-human contacts?"

"It sounds reasonable in this situation." Several of the researchers nodded. Jake looked up, with an ugly look on his face.

"Reasonable? You don't get it, do you? We had nearly 1000 non-human employees in this facility! I don't think gunning them down is good for our reputation!"

"Is that what you're worried about? Reputation?" Kaiden stepped up to Jake. "It's a fight for survival. You saw what those things did to our friends. There isn't another option."

"The way I see it, there are multiple options! One, we shut them off, two, we shut them off, and three, WE. SHUT. THEM. OFF!" Jake was clearly very enraged at this point.

"And leave everyone else defenseless? A few owls won't be missed around here! What, we sacrifice hundreds of people, just so some alien-species gets their little pet back?"

"What... I never..." Jake fell silent. He looked around the room, at the few turrets on the room. "I guess you're right. But that doesn't make it any better." Kaiden sighed.

"What options do we have?" He turned towards the researchers.

"I have... one," muttered one of Amanda's colleagues. "We could try... reprogramming... the turret systems, adding clearance filters for all friendly species' here."

"Can we do that here?"

"We'd need master control, which means Central Command or Main Security," Jake said. "Main Security is just past the Main Storage, shouldn't be much of a problem." He began tapping at the tablet again. "The Maglev between us and the Main Security area is still operational. Someone rerouted power back through the whole network, enough to power a few sections at the time."

"How close are we?"

"Just a few more vents, Kaiden," replied Amanda.

"Alright. Grab any supplies you can from here, and then we'll head to the station." As he finished his words, whispering began picking up from the vents outside. Kaiden reached for his pistol and aimed it at the still-open door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 am

OOC: Fen where are you?
On the map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:08 am

Michael checked his TMD.
"Looks like the backup power is back online."
Tony smiled.
"I told you Gerrard would fix it! How much power do we have?"
"Enough to send a train or a tram to any station that sends out a signal, but not enough to get the automatic route going."

Tony went silent for a moment.
"So I guess we're headed for the main storage?" he said after a while.
"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I think the shortest way would be taking the tram to shields and main security, walk through the reactor area and take the tram from there to the main storage."
"Sounds like a good idea."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Lulf was eating a protein cube when Ashley came out of the back as Balic was out searching for extra tools and metal.
"Hows the leg?"
"Fine."
"You wanna tell me where you came from?"
"I'll wait till he comes back."
"Ok. Fair enough. Hey Balic! You done yet!?"
"Yea." He said has he walked in the door and relocked it. "What?"
"Ashley has something to tell us."
"Yes. I was working in the energy labs on a new kind of fuel crystallized plasma also," She cringed. "it makes a good explosive. When it happened the lights when out luckily we had some flashlights but we heard whispering coming from the places we didn't have are lights on.
We also heard crawling and shuffling in the dark, the monsters, monsters that were once crew. Then...then...the killing started. We were all bunched together trying to fend them off but it was no use they beat us so one of the assistant started throwing the pods of Plasma it them, it worked sort of. I slipped by as the monsters were focused on assistant I heard screams so I turned around, all I saw was blood. I turned back and ran down the corridor I swear I saw the Man in Black smiling at me."
"Well then..."
"Hmmm..." Lulf said deep in thought. "Balic start fortifying this place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Kaiden watched the vent. The monsters apparently didn't care about them, but they were small, and there were a lot of them. They moved too fast past their door to identify, but one paused in front of it, after the wave had passed. Kaiden looked at it- 8 legs, like a spiders, a central body, and a face which vaguely resembled human on it. It was quickly ripped apart by the turrets in the room.

Once they were sure it was safe, and the whispering had subsided, Kaiden stood up. "Well, that was sufficiently terrifying," he said.

"What the hell were those?" Amanda asked.

"I have no idea. We should get to know our enemies, should we not?" Kaiden walked over to the corpse of the monster and carefully dragged it inside. He put a pair of gloves on, a breathing mask, and took out a few of his medical tools. "Stand back people, we don't know what this may have." He carefully made an incision in the creature's abdomen and pried it open.

It was bizarre, if anything. The organs and tissues were all human, yet arranged in seemingly impossible forms. "Looks like a failed production of human genetic engineering, if anything." Kaiden prodded around some more. After removing what appeared to be it's heart, he spotted a large, green sac, apparently filled with liquid. He prepared to cut it, but Amanda stopped him. "What?"

"That's nitroglycerin." She pointed at it. "Cut that and we all get blown back to the stone age."

"Nitroglycerin?" He looked at it. "How the hell did it not explode already then?"

"It appears to be highly stabilized. Designed to explode upon rupture." Kaiden put his tools away.

"Then let's leave it alone. We've got places to go. Let's move."

They decided to name it a Skitter.

OOC: I am by the Physics lab Maglev station, Jack.

NEW CREATURE INDEX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:54 pm

The dent in the far wall of the engineering bay was a giveaway to the location of Jarus's MOXUS, the only minor inconvenience was the strange looking bastard standing over it moaning.

"Hey, Human, step aside, I need that back"

The figure turned around, and Jarus realised she wasn't speaking to a human... At least she didn't think it was a human anymore.

"Shit, don't try anything or I'll shoot"

The thing uttered a loud groan and slowly advanced towards Jarus, knocking over toolboxes, equipment, and a fuel barrel.

"Come any closer and I'll open fire" Jarus said, raising here pistol, taking aim at the things head. It kept coming.

"Ok, you asked for it"

Jarus fired a single shot at the thing, hitting it square between... Were those eyes? They looked like eyes, causing the thing to lurch backwards and collapse to the floor, apparently dead.

Jarus advanced towards her MOXUS slowly, all she needed to do was get past the whatever the hell it was, if it was still alive, she could claw it up with the MOXUS's emergency cutting equipment. Once she found it, a flat black box with arm straps, she immediately put it on, like a backpack, and activated it.

A little reassuring voice in here head spoke to her

"MOXUS system model P engaged, please wait for integration to complete"

"Integration complete"

Jarus stood there, her new set of armour would provide more protection than here flight suit, plus the new cybernetic add ons to here brain would help here aiming, and boost her iQ, the welding laser and titanium claws hidden in the arm units would prove helpful, as the thing she shot down earlier was getting back up.

"Welding laser engaged"
"Setting to cut mode, full power"
"Burst time set to 3"

Jarus took aim at the thing, and engaged the laser, swiping it across the creature top to bottom, slicing it clean in two, if it was still alive now, it would have a hard time hurting her.

"Get back up from that you bastard"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:27 pm

V'rok grunted as he stalked the cramped passageway, hefting R'harian over his shoulder. They were close now, he could feel the familiar pulse of plasma energy in the air; drawing him closer to his saint. R'harians condition had worsened; he was breaking out in a cold sweat, shuddering with every breath. Finally, he could see the door at the end of the corridor, a faint smile flickering across his lips. The pulsing was getting stronger now; the energy seeping into his deprived flesh; but something was wrong, he could feel a creeping, a parasite. The energy was tainted, he realised as he entered the core; he could not risk feeding. R'harian lurched to life; lurching towards the reactor, "Get back!" V'rock screamed; grabbing his shoulder; R'harian twisted; throwing a punch with massive force, even for a Valyrian; knocking him to the floor. "No!" he shouted after him, as R'harian threw himself at the machine, his very essence seeming to darken and tear. Until he melted. Into the floor; to nothingness. V'rok turned and ran; but something appeared in front of him; R'harian, but it was not, it was something darker, inhabiting his shell; twisting his body into..them. V'rok swung with his sunstaff; landing a blow that would bifurcate a mortal foe, but the man simply laughed, a hollow empty laugh, barely recognisable. And vanished. V'rok ran; sprinting down the corridor as fast as he had ever ran before.

OOC: V'rok is now heading towards residential
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Kaiden kept an eye out behind them as they exited the vent system. They had run into more Skitter swarms, and they weren't about to get ambushed. Luckily, nobody had been hurt.

The last scientist descended, and Kaiden jumped down from the vent, landing squarely on his feet. The vent cover shut, and the profound clang reassured them- it was solid steel. They wouldn't get through that. Kaiden scanned the surroundings. "Seems clear, for now," he said.

"We want to get moving soon," Jake replied, while typing on his device. "More power is being fed to the transport network from somewhere- I think the recycling network is supplementing the main network. Still, we can't risk a full power drain."

"Jake's right. We have to leave soon. I'll try to get the train working with my codes. Secure the perimeter. Jake, make sure all entryways are sealed."

"Done and done. I'll hack into the Maglev system if I must, but i'd prefer not too." Kaiden walked over to the Train Access. A train, the same one that had brought him here, was still in the station and connected. He would just have to get the system working. He kneeled by the access computer and typed in a code.

||ACCESS DENIED: CODE 11 EMERGENCY IN EFFECT||

It displayed several other characters on the screen. Kaiden shook his head and entered his emergency bypass code.

||MEDICAL EMERGENCY 456- VALID. MASSIVE CASUALTIES IN ALL SECTORS||

Kaiden smiled, but it disappeared as the screen kept outputting characters.

||TRANSPORT IS RESTRICTED PER EMERGENCY ACT 990- ALL ACCESS DENIED||

||TRANSPORT WARDEN REQUIRED TO CLEAR RESTRICTION ON: KAIDEN PARISH||

||ALERTING WARDEN...||

Kaiden sighed and stood up. "Some idiot put up a 990 emergency on the system," he said, shaking his head.

"You mean the same idiot who put all the turrets on 'kill everything?'" Jake responded.

"Probably. Either way, it says it's contacting a traffic warden."

"And they're probably dead. Who was the poor bloke in charge of the system? Michael Denvec?"

"That's the one. Last I heard, he was fixing a broken track in Agricultural." Jake sighed.

"If he's still alive, then let's hope he can get this train started before they show up." A small alarm on Jake's holo-pad went off. "Speak of the devil."

"How many and what are they?"

"Hundreds. Likely to be Skitters. Probably not-they're too big. Coming down the west access."

"Isn't that sealed?"

"Yes, but I don't know if it'll hold."

"Then we form up. Jake, try to hack the transport control and get that train online. We'll stall as long as we can."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 am

They had reached the Agriculture tram station when Michael's TMD started beeping.
"The maglev station in the physics lab is sending a signal" he said to Tony.
"So there are other people left after all." Tony responded.

"I wish I could access the security cams." Michael said as he activated the train.
"Then I could see who..."
He paused for a moment.
"Did you hear that?"

They both turned towards the ventilation system.
Something appeared to be coming towards them, rather quickly too.
Tony raised his rivet gun.
"I'm not sure what that is," he said, "But it sure isn't human."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julo
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Name: Talos

Species: Robot

Position: Mechanic for hazardous areas

Skills/Abilities: Short range radar; excellent hacker; very intelligent

Flaws: He has to follow the three laws of robotic, which means he can't kill human beings and he considers Skitters to be human beings, as they are made out of human parts.

Short Backstory: Talos was produced in the Billepad robot factory, as a new experimental A.I. carrier. The experiment was a total success and his model went into mass production. Talos was not needed anymore, so the engineers decided to dispose him. But one of them felt sympathy for him and gave him to a research station. On this station he was upgraded and extended. Soon he got the invitation of the PIT. So Talos decided to go there.

Current Location: Engineering&Construction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:18 am

Julo accepted.

Come on guys, do I have to do this by myself?

BIC:

Kaiden began firing as the west door burst open, and a swarm of... things... began flooding through. They were gaining ground, but slowly. "How close Jake?" he yelled over the gunfire.

"I've run into several firewalls, I can't get access!" he replied. He tapped on his data pad. "I can close emergency doors, but they may not open again!"

"Do it!" Kaiden shot one thing that had advanced beyond the rest. Guns were easier to use than he thought, but he was a horrible shot. "I'm a doctor not a soldier! We can't hold them back for long!"

"I'm working..." Jake paused. "The train! The request has been approved and the tunnel is open!"

"Then lets GO!" Kaiden stood up and began running for the train, followed by his small group. The creatures soon piled past the last bulkhead and began swarming their way. Kaiden reached the train first, opened the doors, and began firing at the group. They were pretty much an amorphous blob, so every shot was a hit. The guards stopped to help as well, keeping them back... slightly.

Kaiden didn't remember exactly what happened next. Amanda tripped, Kaiden rushed to her and pulled her up. They ran to the door. One of the things jumped up and bit Amanda. Amanda screamed, and Kaiden shot the creature. It refused to let go, and Kaiden kept shooting it until it fell off. Amanda collapsed, and was pulled back by the horde as Kaiden and the two guards entered the tunnel. And one last creature jumped in after them, only to be immediately shot and killed by one of the guards. Kaiden dragged it inside as the tunnel disconnected and folded up, as the train picked up speed and began travelling through the tunnels.

Kaiden: Now in Physics Lab Maglev Tunnels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am

OOC:
I'm waiting for someone to get to me.
*cough* Fen *cough*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julo
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 pm

//Activation protocol initiated//
//Reactor: Online//
//Sensors: Online//
//Radar: Online//
//Fibre-Joints: Online//
//Processor: Online//
//Activation: Complete//

Talos reactivated. His cameras overexposed the first pictures.
"There must be a headlight pointing at me," he thought.
His cameras stabilized the image and he saw a human standing over him, with a loaded EMP-weapon.
A voice he heard before said: "Don't move, or I'll fire. I reactivated you, what do you think about me?"
"I am thankful, do you expect any danger I could cause?"
The man answered: "Yes, some of the other robots tried to kill me!"
"Impossible, they can't break the laws."
"And what is this?" The man showed a severe injury near to his heart.
Talos inspected the injury. "This is a grade 3 plasma burn, you won't survive without medical aid."
"You've got those medical programs, help me."
Talos already began to tape up the injury, but he did not find anything for medical aid, only the first aid kit.
"I won't survive," whispered the man," I will die a cruel death"
"Do not give up," said Talos," I will bring you to the medical bay"
Talos took the man and went to the door. He opened the door and directly closed it again, as there was a robot standing outside. Talos took a weapon, a Plasma-Wave-Blaster. He told the man to wait behind the wall.
Talos opened the door and before he could react, the man jumped out of the door with his last power, fell to the ground and was killed by the robot. Talos took his weapon and fired, but it was too late, the man was bleeding all over the place, this time there was no chance for him.
The last words the man said to Talos were: "If you get out of here.. tell my family on Ceres-II... I love them......"
The man was dead, Talos was confused, angry and resolved to fulfill the man's last wish.
He closed the eyes of the man and took his ID card. Talos had one, but he needed to know the man's name.
"I will tell your family, Thomas Kummel."
Talos stood up and sent a signal: "If anybody can hear me, I will go to the central control section and if you hear me, please contact me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:29 pm

OOC: Is anyone in residential? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 pm

No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

-Sigh- I'll do this all day if you want.-

Kaiden was sitting at the end of the train, away from everyone else. Anxiety attack, he couldn't think straight. He watched the tunnels go by- They had an hour, as Jake had the train run slower than usual. Kaiden breathed, and turned around when he heard footsteps. It was one of Amanda's assistants, James. "It's not your fault," he said, sitting by him.

"How is it not? She was right there, I could have grabbed her!" Kaiden replied, in a wavering voice.

"But not saved her." James motioned towards the corpse. "We've been looking at it."

"And? Is it somehow magically deadly?"

"Yes and no." Kaiden stopped. He breathed heavily, and then stood up.

"Show me." James nodded and stood up, and they walked over to where the corpse was. James knelt by it and pointed to the claws.

"Four legs, each has a razor-sharp claw on the end. Extremely sharp. Observe." James took out a thick piece of metal from his pocked and sliced it across the claw. The metal split in two, one end completely cut off from the other.

"Impossible, it would have to be..."

"Atoms thick, I know." James kicked it. "It's fast, but not very strong. Few muscles, small lungs and heart, not a muscular build."

"Is it a genetic experiment?"

"Unlikely. It's probably a successful result of a test on the Feles. It shares many similarities; the four legs, the fur, the claws, there's even a tailbone where the tail should be."

"Feles? What kind of experiments were they running back there? First human and now Feles?"

"I don't know." James stood up. "They aren't very intelligent, either, otherwise they would have sliced into our train as if it was cheese."

"Hope that they don't get any smarter."

-NEW CREATURE INDEX-

Killinger. 4-legged creature covered in fur. Has incredibly sharp claws- some may be able to slice through steel, if used right. Not very intelligent, not armored. Travels in swarms. Feles based.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Alright fine.

BIC:
Lulf heard Balic and Ashley talking about their families while he was working on the transmitter he almost had fixed it.
"Put this in here do this...and...Done!" Lulf proclaimed as he finished the transmitter. "Guys it is done!"
"Really?"
"Yes really!"
"Alright." Balic said as he came out of the back. "What should we say?"
"I've got a Idea." Lulf said as he turned on the mic. "To any and all Survivors this Lulf Shade of Beta Squad come to main storage. Oh and you Man in Black? Go terrorize someone else. That is all." Lulf turned off the mic.
"Sounds good." Ashley said "Maybe some of my friends from the labs will come!"
Lulf and Balic both looked at each other thinking the same thing. 'Maybe the rest of Beta Squad made it.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:37 pm

This would also fit the Into the Void RP, but that takes place at a different time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Skitters started flooding out of the vent.
Michael held the pistol in one hand and the TMD in the other, trying to place shots on the creatures while directing a tram to the station.
Most shots were hits, and the weak creatures died from one shot, but still, there were many of them.

Tony tried to line up shots through multiple enemies at once; rivet guns are mainly tools and they don't have much ammo, so he had to use the power to compensate.

When they were nearly out of ammo, the tram finally arrived.
"Hurry inside!" Michael shouted to the mechanic.
"I'm coming!" Tony asked, trying to get a last lucky shot.

It proved out to be too lucky.

The rivet punctured an unlucky skitter's nitroglycerin bag, and the explosion started a quick chain reaction.
All the skitters exploded, smashing Michael and Tony through the windows of the tram.
After shaking off the confusion, Michael quickly send the tram off to Main Security.

The tram left the very messy station in a somewhat rapid pace.
Michael got up and inspected the damage.
"I think we'll have to fix this later," he said. "Don't you agree?"
"I can... I can't feel my leg.." Tony responded.
Michael turned around. "What did you sa.. oh my god."
Blood was running from Tony's leg. It had lots of scraps and pieces of glass was stuck in it.

"We need to get you do a doctor immediately."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gamma Incident   

Back to top Go down

The Gamma Incident
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next