Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

New PC/PC Gaming

Go down 
+2
Caramell
Laserbilly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:23 am

Ok, so I FINALLY got my new pc up and running and decided that the first game I'd try out would be DayZ.

That didn't work, so the second game I tried was Blacklight Retribution. That worked great, but I'm not used playing with a keyboard rather than a controller. I can't tell you how many times I died last night looking for the HRV key or the correct weapon number (I type while looking at my hands)...

I decided to dust off my corded xbox controller while I wait for my new Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver to arrive in the mail.

However, that's not the point. I wanted to know if any of you guys play Blacklight, or if I'm wasting my time on it and the game's no good and I should be playing another game.

Any thoughts?

Also, since I've gotten my new PC up and running, I could probably get most my new ship schematics uploaded to the interweb. Do any of you guys want me to make that a priority?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:23 am

I still don't know how people manage to play fps/3ps games with a controller.
Ok, 3ps games may be easier, but still how the hell do people manage to aim in console fps'es?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 am

I used to play console games, but then I took an arrow to the knee but I moved to PC. I still play on my buddy's X-Box sometimes, and going from mouse to controller (esp. Xbox controllers, cause the joysticks are shittier than the PS3's) is excruciating.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:22 pm

I mainly play strategy games, so buying a gamepad would not be quite a beneficial investment.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Daynel wrote:
I still don't know how people manage to play fps/3ps games with a controller.
Ok, 3ps games may be easier, but still how the hell do people manage to aim in console fps'es?
One of the first things I noticed while playing SWBF2 on the PS2 after playing it on the PC for a while was how much aim assist the PS2 gives you. I hadn't caught that before playing it on the PC, but my crosshairs were clearly moving towards enemies on their own. I don't know whether that's the case in all/most console FPSs.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 2:10 pm

In fact, that's how it is in most console games if you change nothing, but even if you explicitly turn it off in settings, it's still a bit there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New PC/PC Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: New PC/PC Gaming   New PC/PC Gaming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New PC/PC Gaming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: