Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Gr8 Leap Forward

Go down 
+11
Tau
Iv121
Laserbilly
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Commander Kobialka
MrTargareyan
Groot
Last_Jedi_Standing
Caramell
ACH0225
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 am

A server or any other sort of gaming community is that Tiel. Again I say f*** the rules (ironically) and make a proper fun server. As we have more stuff made for terrain combat I highly recommend stick to the ground for now, the fact we'll have a flan server will confuse ppl enough already ("W8 FC is a flan pack ???") , having there actual flying ships that work bad will make it even worse, don't do it.

As for you Kobialka the terrain will prob be generated like any other MC, pop around the map points of interest that you can capture and the result is a fun gamemode. However the small levels or PvE maps could be exterior.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 am

I plan to launch my stuff on Planet Minecraft soon. When we get a new site, I'll be happy to link my stuff back here.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Iv121 wrote:
A server or any other sort of gaming community is that Tiel. Again I say f*** the rules (ironically) and make a proper fun server. As we have more stuff made for terrain combat I highly recommend stick to the ground for now, the fact we'll have a flan server will confuse ppl enough already ("W8 FC is a flan pack ???") , having there actual flying ships that work bad will make it even worse, don't do it.

As for you Kobialka the terrain will prob be generated like any other MC, pop around the map points of interest that you can capture and the result is a fun gamemode. However the small levels or PvE maps could be exterior.

I don't think you understand me. There aren't any rules here, just common sense. If you want to say 'f**k that', well, that's your choice.

I also am not certain you understand the costs that would be involved in emulating PS2 in minecraft, particularly that of the server's hardware and ongoing service. With Flan's, even if you contain the map to minimize lag, pilots will constantly be flying everywhere and loading chunks no matter what you do, and the amount of players required to even make a large map gameplay viable would necessitate an expensive investment at whatever server host you settle on.

Here's what I'm thinking -

Phase 1: Origin - Sci Fi PVP maps cycled on the server, played either TDM or in Conquest mode.

Phase 2: Expansion - the PVP will still be there, but the ships thing would be added as well.

Phase 3: Consolidation - After accruing a nice community around the server, integrate Prototype's add-in to Flan's in both gamemodes. If it fails and the server starts losing people instead of gaining them after a 7 day period, remove. If it's the inverse, keep it and work on adding Battlefield 3-esque maps to the PVP mode to make the most of the vehicles.

As you see, you go from something that requires little power to something close to what you want. The scaling is intended to deal with funding concerns - a 32 man server with building disabled on small maps isn't all that stressful. You get enough donations from one phase, then move on and upgrade the server to deal with new additions.

I've been working on getting a goody bag of plugins for phase 1 scraped together.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Im not planning on make PS2, you were planning to make it per planet when the mod is compelte and I personally warned you it will be impossible so yea I am aware I wont get a PS2 here.

I just wanted to have a little more purpose behind the PvP as you see if you want an FPS PvP you can actually get a normal FPS, MC has a lot of building and sandbox to it, and that is what we need to think of together with the flan pack.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:32 pm

The Grass Plan from MCProHosting (23 player max, 1GB RAM) is 10 bucks a month, but I'm not sure how well it would work for us, and the other specs are apparently proprietary. As for a webhost, this seems like it may work, and it's pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 pm

We could have a gallery of sorts, just a well-designed area that displays our best builds. Maybe a drydock or space station or something.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 am

Best builds are not going to cut it, especially considering a very small portion of us actually knows how to build well , not talking about the fact it won't help us keep people.

Also Fen work on blocks not on guns, we have more than enough of those already and it is the blocsk we really lack.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 am

Dude, I was looking at this subforum at the same time you posted.

It was...surreal What a Face 

Anyway, best builds isn't that good given that specialized servers like Voxelblock kick most of the people's butts here (myself included) at just about everything to do with shipbuilding.

If someone does rent a server, it has to have something that can stand completely independent from what we do here. Avenger paid a great amount of money to get the last build server, and look where that went. Less than three people on at a time.

As another sidenote because I want another ENTER there, hyperlite, ach, and I put the finishing touches on a PVP map today (though hyperlite mostly just built golden dongs everywhere). It's essentially done as far as layout and most of the detail, but the only gameplay testing its undergone is with two people. In order to get an idea of how it would be when full and make changes as necessary, going to need a few more people. As it stands, however, my internet is piss poor and barely could take the three of us working at once. So, if anyone with a high upload speed wants to volunteer...the server is currently a self-contained MCMyAdmin installation. All the plugins are already there, all one would need is Java installed and to start the executable file within. Guns and such are configured and ready, but since Jeb in his infinite wisdom decided to completely break server textures in 1.6, end users have to install a resource pack.

Second map is underway, a scenario featuring blue soldiers being stealthily inserted on the outskirts of a red groundside hangar base. Their goal is to take the facility and eliminate the threat it poses to the blue warships in orbit. Unlike the first, it's fairly open, but not so large as to be unmanageable by small teams. Two exterior control points provide hotspots for conflict, and one within the facility itself ensures gratuitous amounts of up close and personal combat within the base's crude corridors.

Should play out more or less like TF2's Degroot Keep.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:10 am

Although the servers like mithrintia and voxel are infinitely better than us at this (though I think laser and Mack are the exception to this rule); they tend to be very exclusive. It took 2 weeks to get tier one! Which was not fun; especially since I think there has been world reset between my last visit and today. If we did I build server I guess we would have to either have to eat minecraftartpowder or market the build bit to more average builders. The unusual space theme might make up for that though.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 am

I think it could be funny toying around with some ship landing zones, I thought about a small model of the ship appearing in animation using edited falling sand then making a bigger model of it static on the ground, could be fun but a lot of work.

And no Targareyan from what I've seen it won't work nor get us more people and the theme will not save us from that.

Last edited by Iv121 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:13 am

Voxelbox has a space-oriented server. That was my point.

They are exclusive, but you can log in and look around without applying, to my knowledge, which is essentially the only thing non-forum members have been able to do on our servers in the past, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:16 am

Are we live chatting here by any chance ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:17 am

If you have a Steam..
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:18 am

It was more of a joke about having almost a full page in that short period of time ,also there is a chat in the forum that is BTW much better than our prev one.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:20 am

I choose not to take offense because you probably didn't mean it to.

Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 193353
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 am

Hey well it doesn't have delays ! The ticking sound did help you go to sleep leaving the chat active and still knowing when new stuff happens but then it will dup your msg 100 times ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 am

Fair enough. mChat wasn't the most ideal option for the host used. For a while AJAX chat was toyed with but I never got around to integrating it with the site.

Anyway, Shiva removed my permissions for the chatbox for reasons I can't remember myself, so that's a no go. We have a group on Steam with a good amount of people in it, just saying.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 am

Alright maybe Ill hope in , I really don't use steam that much even as a game platform and especially not as social tool.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 am

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 am

Oh and BTW even a better and easier idea to the start off the server before we get many ppl - It is a game mode with flan's pack where the defending team gets a set of blocks , picks and a plot of land and build defences around a pumpkin or anything really that you can take, and maybe even wear so that it will be visible from outside.

When the time runs out the blocks and picks etc. are taken away from the defenders and the attackers spawn in. Both teams are in survival mode so they can break any blocks they want, but ofc the attackers are not given any tools so they have to slowly do it by hand or blow it up with explosives. The attacking team has a limited time to take that item and bring it back to base and the defenders must hold them off for this duration.

BTW while the attackers are waiting they will have a little map where they shoot invading zombies couse it's a great way to pass some time while the defenders prepare.

There can be many possible game modes done using similar technique and the server can swap the maps each round. What is important in my opinion is that we keep the core thing which makes minecraft fun - the ability to build or break stuff. I highly recommend having gamemodes surrounding this idea as it will be unique and fun experience.

Those little maps will help us setup the area for bigger kinds of gameplay up to the global PvP we hope to achieve in some point (still don’t expect it to be big). I'm rather interested in your input about currency - what can you buy that will be useful for you in those rounds ? Only weapons ? I kind of don't like to rely only on weapons and maybe armor buys and want to add something in addition if possible. Then we will be able to allow player to donate and get that currency in exchange.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Along with the basic PvP, we could also do PvE and PvPvE. You could have some sort of castle defence with attacking zombies or something, as well as run-from-1000-silverfish Indiana Jones style maps. Then FFA(Free-for-all) closed in maps like Survival games but with guns or something.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Again the basics ACH - building , as much as possible use of the environment, possible to make other stuff like that one but the building must be our "flagship" so to speak ...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm

We could use Adventure mode-where you can only break blocks if you have the right tools. That would work well.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 pm

I'd like to make a snide comment about building and fps's never being able to go hand in hand, but just look at Ace of Spades. It makes sense there because it's something of a WW1 sim with trenches and such, but there's absolutely no way to put it in a sci fi map in a believable fashion.

I'd rather start with the small-scale PVP and move up from there.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Well considering the nature of Flan's pack the only thing that you can build is trenches. See as a player give me one single reason to use the inferior shooting mechanics in flan's if I can launch my BF3 and have exactly the same, with HD , with more people and probably more fun ... Probably when I get tired of BF3 but that reason won't bring us many people, after all there are many shooters around.

Yes when you are given full freedom and a sandbox mode where you can do what you want it makes sense or if you build your own base . I really recommend you give it a try, I don't care if it has trenches they create the most strategic gameplay.

ALso what sort of texture pack you plan to use if any Tiel ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gr8 Leap Forward   Gr8 Leap Forward - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gr8 Leap Forward
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next