Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Targareyans Ship/3d model thread

Go down 
+12
The Schmetterling
Iv121
Ivan2006
Soul of Jack
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Groot
Hierarch Fenway
Avenger_7
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Empty
PostSubject: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Please don't kill me for making a new thread Sad   But my old one is locked and full of fairly terrible ships that are 10 blocks long. And I have just started building ships based on my unfinished dreadnought (on this forum) and want some advice before I start making 100's of them.

Anyways; new ship:
Length: 294 blocks
Pic:
Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  2w7eg5s
So should I do more of these? Yay or nay; and what can I do to make it less awful Smile

Last edited by MrTargareyan on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

I don't like the back of the ship but the rest of it is good.
So Yes please continue.

Edit: Also a name? Maybe a class?

Last edited by Soul of Jack on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:51 am

Can anyone suggest some good sips for me to build? Smile I want to continue with this sorta thing but don't know what to build.

@kobialka Thanks! Smile

@jack Yea ik; the front and the back don't really fit well together; I will try to fix that in my next ship. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 am

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:07 pm

I'd like to know, where the bow connects to the main body, is that a sheer face?

I actually don't have a problem with the back, the sloped sides help it immensely.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
I'd like to know, where the bow connects to the main body, is that a sheer face?

I actually don't have a problem with the back, the sloped sides help it immensely.
The bit where the bow meets the hull are intakes Smile like on my old (really old) dread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 pm

It fits very well together! I have no problem with the design, in fact, one of my ships had a similar design.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:37 am

Progress of a weird evil castle I am building on the Mithrintia server; hoping to get T2 with this:
Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  2rwnodg
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 am

It lacks contrast, use in the back layer behind all your slabs and stairs (That I think you overuse) another kind of texture that will be visible past them. Also just a general complaint those are dwarf walls Razz .
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Iv121 wrote:
It lacks contrast, use in the back layer behind all your slabs and stairs (That I think you overuse) another kind of texture that will be visible past them. Also just a general complaint those are dwarf walls Razz .

The layer behind them is actually green; though you cant see it very well, I will change that; maybe emerald or brick? Smile And the dwarf walls seemed quite big when I build them; then I decided to make an enormous medieval skyscraper of death Very Happy I tried to make them taller; but they looked a bit weird, even weirder than they do now. Also, sorry about the pics being so low res; by screen is awful Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:17 pm

That better? Smile
Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  10gh2wz
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Well sorta, also break the pattern it is too repetitive - you can see it all over your walls and towers, you could add something else to the tower to break it ...
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:43 pm

I think maybe adding some outcroppings to the towers, like a wizard's perch or something.
I also think a bridge between the towers would look okay. Perhaps also add some emblems or something?
How about a flag on top of some things then a banner here and there.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 pm

The start of my entry for pmc's "Nether Empire Contest" (http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/nether-empire-project-contest/) It will be some sort of bizzare combination of medieval fantasy; crazy wizardness and sci-fi. Still need to figure out how to build a techno-dragon...

Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Jrzgy0
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Well it certainly looks evil (at least from the very tinny bit you showed) but it doesn't look "Hellish" or "Netherish", more like dead and in general is quite common design style for castles. I wonder if you can make something unique and maybe a bit more hellish. You can use the fact the nether is a giant cave and builnd in height with bridges and stuff for example.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well it certainly looks evil (at least from the very tinny bit you showed) but it doesn't look "Hellish" or "Netherish", more like dead and in general is quite common design style for castles. I wonder if you can make something unique and maybe a bit more hellish. You can use the fact the nether is a giant cave and builnd in height with bridges and stuff for example.
I wasn't planning to do a castle in a traditional sense Smile and it doesn't have to be hellish or netherish; the map is actually the over world too; I have no idea why iraq decided to do that but nvm Smile I am planning to do a sort of fortress with a giant technological beast bursting out from inside Smile no idea if I can do it though; I've never done organics before; let alone a many legged mech the size of jupiter
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:25 pm

well you know the PMC contests are sort of sold out a bit ...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:34 pm

They are, however it is useful for me to maintain some prescence there, so I'm entering too, future themed as well, going for a geothermal run city overrun by robots, frozen in time, but I'm doing it in the actual nether with a prelude in the over world.

There will probably be a crashed ship there too.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:25 am

Ok, screw techno castle it wasn't working; it will now be a demon castle; most of the left side of the castle will be mutating and swooping up with a giant claw to snatch Steve's ship out of the overworld.

also; progress:
Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Xdf1o1
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 pm

That greeble makes me want to cry :s
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
 Thanks Smile

Also; I built the roof of the main hall:
Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  2nlu4g4

Running a server and playing on it at the same time (for /speed) is not fun D:
Edit:
Screw the demon thing; organics are hard D:
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Why is there wood in the Nether.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
 Thanks Smile

Also; I built the roof of the main hall:
Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  2nlu4g4

Running a server and playing on it at the same time (for /speed) is not fun D:
Edit:
Screw the demon thing; organics are hard D:
Can't you just start an ssp world and enable cheats>
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Can't you just start an ssp world and enable cheats>
Or how about Single Player Commands and its Worldedit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Targareyans Ship/3d model thread    Targareyans Ship/3d model thread  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Targareyans Ship/3d model thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next