Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Remains

Go down 
+5
Groot
Caramell
Joel
ACH0225
MercurySteam
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Remains    - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:38 pm

"No please!" The man begged as Jack raised the pistol up to his head.
"Sorry." Jack said as he pulled the trigger. He climbed out of a window and on to a roof.
Jack ran ahead along the rooftops toward the center of town, jumping down in front of Akari not knowing he was there.
"Where are you Sara?" Jack called to his Lulf as it appeared out of the shadows and ran up beside him.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:03 am

OOC: Added the attack whale and gave it a name (Mohval) and the Lulf. Also added a "Subfactions" and "Places" information log. Added Outland Rangers, Northern Stronghold, and Southern Stronghold to Subfactions, added Ruins of London and Akrad Encampment to Places.
If you mention a place or group in the RP, please OOC a brief description. I'll fill in information to make it fit.

Akari stopped walking mid-stride when he heard the gunshot, and hid himself against a wall. A figure dropped down from a window of a nearby building and landed a few meters away from Akari. It looked around before calling into the night. A beast crawled out of a narrow alleyway and stood beside the Exile. It stared directly at Akari's place in the shadows.

"Hmm?" The Exile said, glancing at his companion.

"They'll have heard the gunshot." Akari said. He could feel the other Exile attempting to probe his mind. He strengthened his mental barriers.

"Who are you?"

"Unimportant. It was't wise to bring the beast into the city, if they find her they'll kill the both of you."

"Just taking care of some business. I know what I'm doing."

"You realize we're directly on the border of the Northern Stronghold's territory? I saw a patrol near here not too long ago."

"How large a patrol?"

"Too large for you to take on by yourself, you wouldn't be helping anyone by trying anyway."

"I mean large enough to comb what area?"

"Maybe nine, ten at most, enough for a few blocks. Look, we can't talk long, someone could stumble across you and your cat. I'm going back into the wilderness before daybreak, luckily we're not too far to the edge of the ruins. I'd advise you leave as soon as possible. Don't follow me through, though. Take a different route. If you want to talk later, speak with one of the Outland Rangers, ask for Akari, or follow the south bank of the Thames. I'll be at the Akrad Encampment for a few days."

"Name's Jack." The other Exile said as Akari caught a glimpse of the quickly brightening sky and started running toward the edge of the city. Buildings passed, the broken asphalt and cracked concrete gave way to dead, brown grass. Akari passed through the woodline as the sun was peaking above the horizon. He slowed to a walk and guided himself through the underbrush along a thin trail until he was about a half mile into the forest. Concealed under a camouflaged tarp, leaning against an old oak was an old electric motorcycle that had survived the War, one of four that Akari knew of, one of two that functioned correctly. "Nadar!" He called, walking the motorbike to another, wider path. The grey beast walked into Akari's line of sight and trotted towards him. Despite her size, the direwolf remained quite stealthy. He reached up and patted her shoulder as he pressed the bike's activation button.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 am

Jon was hungry, he had not eaten in days; not since escaping a group of bandits a few miles back. It was cold; even with Ghost to keep him warm he could feel the shivers flowing down his freezing spine. He picked up a rock from the blanketed; snowy ground and ran it across the blade of his sword; Ice, the name was more suited to the location than the sword, it glinted red in the moonlight; the sides matted with layers of congealed blood. Ghost nuzzled the hilt and began to lick the side of the blade; the blood gone; the true silvery green colour of the blade shone into the night. Ghost had heard something; he shot to his legs, quick as a bullet. He barked; chasing the noise, a deer by the dilapidated; overgrown road. Ghost stalked his prey; creeping up behind the dear before pouncing; ripping out the deer's jugular; "At least we will eat tonight" Jon thought.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:42 pm

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger machine followed.

This man had stolen several power cells from Sawson, for reasons unknown, however these cells would give Sawson about a year of usage, and he didn't know how much longer his current cells would hold out, and finding these things in the desert was difficult.

Sawson had one huge advantage, in that he didn't need to sleep, he could just keep going, and at night, he would be able to see the thief, but the thief would not see him, not until it was too late.

He did have one problem however, the man was armed, and had more than enough ammunition to bring Sawson down, but Sawson only had 5 bolts left for his Bolt cannon, but he had much better aim than the man, and had the advantage of range, but he couldn't risk destroying the cells, his bolt gun was too risky at long range.

The thief had stopped to sleep, Sawson was about a kilometre behind him, he was going to try to steal the cells while the thief was sleeping.

Sawson crept up on the sleeping thief, jigsaw on standby, and his bolt cannon in hand. The cells were in the thief's bag, which was laid next to him. Sawson grabbed the cells, and felt something touch the back of his neck. He was 89% sure this was the thief holding a gun to him.

In a flash, Sawson engaged his jigsaw, and swung it round into the man's neck, which erupted in a fountain of red as he tore through the man's jugular, the man fired about five shots from his revolver, four missed, two struck Sawson in the head, but didn't hit anything inside.

Sawson took the man's bag, and relieved him of his revolver, the extra firepower would come in useful, and if he ran out, he could perhaps melt it into three or four bolts.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Nyyk padded through the abandoned building, following a small group of raiders who were planning on attacking a town nearby. The raiders had good weapons and armour, but against hundreds of wasps, their armour did little. The small gaps in the suits, as well as the helmets that didn't cover the face, let the wasps sting then try to go into their armour. Very soon, they were covered in stings and in great pain. Some had choked to death from wasps going down their mouths and stinging their throats repeatedly. A few were allergic to wasps. From a raiding party of 26, only 18 were still alive. The living rested, thinking the worse was over. Some passed out while others tried to nurse their wounds. Then, another swarm came. This swarm killed a few more, and incapacitated the rest. Some tried to shoot the wasps, but they soon learned their weapons were useless. Nyyk then came in and put a bullet into their heads or slit their throats.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Jack watched the other Exile run away.
"Hmm... Nice guy." He decided.
"You! Stop where you are!" A voice from behind him called. Jack turned around, several people with rifles were approaching him.
"Sh*t. We were just leaving guys!" He said as he slowly backed away.
"Stop!" Jack searched the guys mind, he was about to shoot.
"I'd love to but...Cya!" Jack said as he bolted into a alley.
"Get him!"
Jack took a alley parallel to the path the other Exile took he heard the voices get farther and farther away, he stopped and looked around he saw a person on the horizon and the sound a of a motorbike starting up. Jack heard a huge amount of voices coming.
"Dam it man. You!" The other Exile turned around surprised and a little angry.
"What! I thought I told you to stay away!"
"Run!" Jack yelled as a bullet whizzed by, he then moved into cover so fast blink and you will miss it. "I'll cover you!"
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 pm

As the ground sloped down, the land turned to desert. Dilapidated trees gave way to bushes, which gave way to rocks and grass, and eventually, dirt. Scorching earth, cracked and blistered in the never-ending sun. There was no sand in this desert, for there was no sand to blow into here. There was only the scorched earth, an occasional rock, and patches of glassed earth. Laina took out a bottle, filled with water. Plastic, but wasn't everything? She took a drink and hid in the shade of a large rock. How far now?

Just past the Desert, maybe 20 kilometers.

20?! We won't make it through the desert with what we have.

We're not alone. At this, Laina took a cautious look around.

What?

There's something else in the desert, I can feel it, but I don't know where.

We better find him before he finds us. Laina stood up, and pulled a shroud around her head to guard from the heat. She scanned the horizon until she saw a structure. It looked like a train station, though it seemed to have been abandoned for decades. It was probably a way-station, for trains to stop and refuel on their way to the city. And that meant there would be supplies. Water. Food.

The station would be a popular stopping point along this route.

From the looks of this wasteland, I don't think anyone's been there in forever.

Just be careful, and be quick. Laina started off for the station, not noticing the remains of the recent campfire that she had just been next to.

((OOC: I had to.))
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Upon arriving at the coast of Denmark, Anders set off to find any civilized group of humans or exiles that could maybe give him any good information, or maybe even food.
For once he was thankful for Scandinavia not to have been a particularly important area during the war. Norway had been an oil supplier and Denmark had provided several sea bases for the Germans, but otherwise the area was pretty untouched. Almost no fallout, and most ruins had been damaged by decay rather than warfare.

After about an hour, he met a group of wanderers waving at him.
"Excuse me, but are you headed for Germany?" one of them asked.
"I may be if there's any sense going there, why?"
"Well, we're headed for Berlin to search for better luck of survival, and it's a long walk, and you have this fancy car, so if you don't mind.."
"Sure, hop in." Andrew responded. "But don't you have plenty of farmland to use?"
"Well, most of the good inland areas have been taken already, and the coast isn't really safe."
"Why is that?"
"Well the movals have been getting dumber and more aggressive for one thing; there have been rumors of coast settlements getting attacked by jumping movals and by splash waves. And then there's those New Empire fellows.."

Andrew looked questioning at the wanderer.
"New Empire?"
"Basically bunch of lunatics who are trying to create a new regiment in the western areas of Europe. They use weapons from old military bases to support their cause, and anyone who approach these bases get shot."
"So like former soldiers or something?"
"Yeah, some of them are. Mostly regular people though."
"Well, I'm lucky you warned me then."
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:55 am

OOC: Added New Empire to Subfactions. I'm also thinking of adding a "Regions" info log for detailing large areas, I think I'll do that later. I'm also going to add something akin to zombies in the Bestiary when it's not 3am. Jack, I couldn't really understand your last post, so I'm going to leave.

BIC
Akari threw his leg over the bike and slid his goggles down over his eyes. He twisted around to look at Nadar. "To Akrad. Follow close, but stay low." She lowered her head in acknowledgement. He pressed on the accelerator and drove onto the path. The direwolf marched after him as the trees thinned and woods turned to rocky grassland. The dirt path changed to pavement. Akari heard the crack of gunfire, muffled against the forest and the rolling hills directly outside of the city. He stopped the motorbike and turned toward the sound. A man darted out between the decrepit buildings on the edge and fired several shots backward, into the city. Akari removed a monocular from a pouch on the bike and focused it on Jack, who was hiding behind a fragment of a wall, holding his middle finger in Akari's general direction. Akari stuck his arm out and pointed to the woods and thought trees. Maybe loud enough for the talented climber to sense. The locals daren't go near the forest that borders the city.

He placed the monocular back in the pouch and climbed back on the motorcycle. He pressed on the accelerator and sped away from the Ruins. Nadar broke into a run and transitioned to the soft ground beside the road.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 8:36 am

OOC: that's fine I'm only running from something akin to a small army for reasons I will tell you later.

BIC:
As Akari sped off one word resonated across to him. Trees. Trees? Of course the wilderness!
"This is it. Ready Sara?" A growl told him she was.
"Ready. Set. Run!" He said as he sped off in the general direction of the forest dodge bullets as he went.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Laina cautiously approached the station. Her Muntis was right- there was something out here. She could feel it too. She began walking up to it, and paused at the entrance. Go check it out.

Me? Check it out? Please.

You're smaller, and faster.

And likely to get squashed. No.

Fine. Laina peered inside. It seemed empty, and quiet. A bit too quiet. A gleam of metal caught her eye, and she turned that way. Nothing, no metal there. She stepped inside. The place indeed seemed abandoned. And it was in pristine condition too- little, if any, decay or damage. The desert had preserved it well, though it was filled with sand. She slowly opened the ticketing office door, and peered inside. No raiders had been here, though it was a mess. And there was a stairwell leading downstairs, to the basement. She peered inside, but it was completely dark. She took out a small flashlight and began shaking it, building up a small charge, before descending down.

There wasn't anything in here but crates and sand, not even spiders called it home. She swiveled around and scanned the room. The beam gleamed off of a bright, shiny object. Upon further inspection, it appeared to be a... power generator? What's a power generator doing in a place like this? The Muntis asked.

No idea. Laina moved up to the generator, and wiped some sand off of a plaque and shined the flashlight on it.

Diesel Operated

WARNING- Will NOT function without two (2) T-331 X Fission Power Cells installed

Power cells. Strange. Laina shined the flashlight around the generator and found a red button marked "Activate". It didn't do anything. She then found a small panel, and pulled it off. There was a power cell installed, and it was still charged, but only one. Someone must have removed it, and recently. There was still a faint charge on the empty slot's couplings, which zapped Laina when she touched it.

Laina put down her pack and rummaged through it. It was quite full of stuff she had acquired over the years. A pistol from a foolish raider, a radio pried out of an abandoned military truck, even a cutting laser that had somehow survived the incident at the facility. Eventually she found another power cell. This one she had found in the remains of some sort of robot she had come across long ago. It seemed deactivated, but mostly intact. She had to forcefully pry this out of it, but after years, it may be worth it. She pulled it out and inserted it into the empty slot, grunting as it got stuck on the door. Once it was inserted, she closed the panel. She pressed the button again.

This time, the room started humming. She stood up as several lights came on, blinding her temporarily from the sudden change in light. The humming grew louder, and was accompanied by a series of thumps before it reached a plateau. She didn't notice the shadow behind her, as she regained her vision. It was her Muntis who warned her, but too late.

Robot. Active.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:21 pm

The two guards moved away from the door as it opened again, he stepped out of the dark hole hidden by the door. Before walking back over to her, he stopped to talk to one of the guards. She looked away before he could notice how she was watching him, looking him over for any immediately lethal weapons. Noticing Suterusukuro was awake again, he walked over to her.
"How was your rest, pleasant I assume. The respite must have been enjoyable."
"Better than being hit repeatedly, rokudenashi."
"Ah, still retaining your fighting spirit. My work here is still unfinished then." Suterusukuro turned away for a moment, then stared him in the eye as she spat in it. Wiping the saliva from his eye, the man make a superficial cut across her face. Deciding she wouldn't take this anymore, she extended her claws, cutting the rope binding her to the chair. Not paying attention the man, turned around, "You would make it much easier on yourself if you simply gave us what we want to know." Quickly standing up and swiping him down with a kick, the guards quickly drew their weapons. Throwing the chair at the closest, then diving for the other, she took a hit, the rest missed by a large margin. All four claws found their way into his chest, left lung and the heart, as soon as she withdrew he would probably faint from shock where he would bleed out or suffocate. Slowly retracting her claws, blood began to pour from the wound. Bleeding out it is. When he fell over, she walked over to the other and crushed his esophagus with her boot. The whole time, the man had been trying to stand up to little avail, a fractured fibula will do that. She suck both sets of claws through his back, slightly protruding through the other side, and quickly withdrew. Walking out the room, she stepped in the ever growing pool from the second guard, she then stopped and relieved them of their weapons and ammunition, and continued on her way.

OOC: She's in western Siberia, specifically a small vacation home a few klicks from a stronghold maintained by a group called the 'krov ponovlennya' or 'blood pack'.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 am

Winter is coming.

Nyyk knew he would not survive the harsh Ukrainian winter, as his house had been burnt down by raiders. He began walking. Fortunately, he was on the western side of the Carpethian mountains, and didn't need to cross dozens of miles of treacherous cliffs and ravines in near-winter. Nyyk simply began walking south-west, going through old Hungary and then up through a pass in old Austria. The hardest part of the trip would be when he passed near Vienna, and while he could avoid Budapest, he had to get fairly close to Vienna to get through the pass. After that, Nyyk figured he would go live near the Pyrenees.

The first problem Nyyk encountered was the radiation from airburst nukes. He had a Geiger counter like most people, but the airburst bombs left few traces besides heavy radiation on the ground below. Some of them were nukes with explosive failsafes in case they were hit by a missile, others were ones shot down by Ukranian and Hungarian anti-missile technicians who remote detonated the nukes. These spots of radiation dotted the mountains where the first line of silos were built, and would continue into Hungary where Ukranian missiles were shot down. These spots could usually be sensed just outside their radius of danger, and some were marked off slightly by either a fellow traveler who didn't want to walk into it or a thickening wall of undergrowth that was fueled by radiation(radiation sometimes makes plants grow fast).

Nyyk passed many small towns as well. Most of them were burned out and looted, but every 10 or 20 towns there would be signs of residual human population. Nyyk kept well away, he knew how those kinds of people thought about people like him.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:45 am

After a long day of travel, Anders and the group of travelers had stopped to make a camp for the night not long away from the former German border.
Anders made up a fire, managing to hide his powers. The travelers seemed to know a lot of what was going on, and he didn't want to scare them away.

He had learned their names, even though he was pretty sure that wouldn't matter once they got to Berlin.
"Do you know how intact Berlin is?" he asked the group leader, Jacob.
"Mostly intact, all the larger western cities made sure to constantly repair any damage from attacks." Jacob answered.
"Of course the more poor areas and most of the suburban areas are ruins though, but the commercial districts are almost completely intact. I've even heard rumors about a train route, still operational, however if that's true, the New Empire probably controls it, so good luck getting aboard with your vehicle."

Anders was silent for a moment.
"Don't worry." he then said. "I'll find away."
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:03 pm

After escaping the small army Jack encountered a Ranger telling him to where he needs to go.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 am

OOC: Sorry, been busy these past few days. I'll take a defibrillator to this... soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remains
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: