Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Iv121 wrote:
It will be nice actually if LJS takes on himself to clean that place up and make it habitable because honestly I don't wanna look at it in this state on a daily basis.
Ugh. I could do that, I guess, but it would be a lot of work if we're not going to be here long. I have to unlock every page of threads individually because the select-all command sucks.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm

It will make the forum more welcoming but I was talking about that "fun" ppl had when we moved to the new forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:26 pm

It's easy enough just to delete stuff like the 'Fuck the rules' thread if that's all you want. I could unlock, like, the first page of each subforum or something, just so it would look nicer. But to unlock the entire Off-Topic Area, for example, I'd have to do all fourteen pages individually. That wouldn't be fun. It's hard to get used to being a moderator here after the old forum. My powers are vastly more limited here. There's no Moderator Control Panel or anything like that.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2012-01-05
Location : That is out of the question

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Well this is fun...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:53 pm

When I try to go to the new forums it just comes up as I blank page. glad to see I'm not the only one who decided to come here. Has Tiel said anything about it yet?

EDIT: Read Tiel's post. Well... sounds like he doesn't want to support the website anymore. Goddammit. So... Webs.com is a really good free web hosting sight that I'd be happy to set up another forum on... I set up a website almost 2 years ago and it's still there. Or we could continue with this one. Sad


Last edited by Commander Shane Kobialka on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Eh pretty mcuh read this whole thread ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-09-08
Location : *snap snap*

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Well, shit. The colours here always made my eyes hurt after a little while...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:00 pm

edited my last post. ANYWAY: weird thing... I was thinking about what we would do if this would happen not two days ago and... here we are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

EDIT: Read Tiel's post. Well... sounds like he doesn't want to support the website anymore. Goddammit. So... Webs.com is a really good free web hosting sight that I'd be happy to set up another forum on... I set up a website almost 2 years ago and it's still there. Or we could continue with this one. Sad


Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

Goddammit. So... Webs.com is a really good free web hosting sight that I'd be happy to set up another forum on



Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

Webs.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Is forumotion hosting this for free?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Yes but the forum is crappy and we have very little control over it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 249
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 104
Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:55 pm

well, this is interesting. I think while we are back here though, the style should be updated, with more space-themed colors and maybe some actual pictures of a ship in the background
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:
well, this is interesting. I think while we are back here though, the style should be updated, with more space-themed colors and maybe some actual pictures of a ship in the background

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
we have very little control over it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 249
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 104
Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

still though, there needs to be an update on how the forum looks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Yes, but none of us can do that. Shiva is the only one with administrator powers on this forum.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:57 pm

I just discovered this forum has a nice mobile interface. We should see if we can get something similar for phpbb3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 am

If shiva is the only one with admin powers on this forum then what choice do we have but create a new one? Shiva will never be on, and when she sees futuecraftforums.tk no longer exists I highly doubt she'll come here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 am

Yeah, we know. This forum isn't sustainable in the long run. We're only here/on the MCF temporarily until a permanent solution can be found.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 am

I did suggest one earlier but Tiel seems to hate the idea for unknown reasons. I love webs.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:15 am

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
I did suggest one earlier but Tiel seems to hate the idea for unknown reasons. I love webs.com

It's literally 5 posts above on the same page. You don't need to repeat yourself.

The reason I myself dislike webs is because it's in the same vein as forumotion - an easy to set up, yet extremely limited and amateurish way to create a site. It's the same reason some minecraft modders disdain those 'easy mod' applications, or certain server owners dislike Enjiin - the end result always looks terrible. If you don't know the difference between a <table> and <div> tag, then you probably shouldn't be setting up a webpage to begin with.  

One of the main goals I had in making the other forums was to create a more professional looking environment, with maximum flexibility as far as configuration, and without depending on an external company's resources and goodwill (one of the reasons we ultimately ended up going from 000webhost to a paid one on launch of the new site). I don't want to see this place fall into the same trap again - if people are content with that kind of reliance than we should just stay here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:02 am

i could replicate what you did with the other forum almost exactly with webs.com if i had a nice screenshot to put on the background. webs.com may be limited but its not as limited as forumotion and it gets the job done with the appearence of being professional. the fact is we arent going to find an amazing free web hosting site. all the amazing ones require a fee. you would also know if you read beyond the word idea in that post that the main point of it was to find out what people disliked about webs.com, not to call you blind, tiel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:21 am

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
i could replicate what you did with the other forum almost exactly with webs.com

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on that. Will believe it when I see it.

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
webs.com may be limited but its not as limited as forumotion and it gets the job done with the appearence of being professional.

In fact, webs is much more limited when it comes to forums. Webs is primarily for personal or small business websites, not discussion boards and as such forumotion irrefutably has more features in that regard given its specialization.

And no, Webs does not look professional. At all. Most of them look like something a 12 year old slapped together using various bits and pieces...because that's what they are. The fact that you're a subdomain there (x.webs.com, x.forumotion.com) doesn't help anything, either.

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
the fact is we arent going to find an amazing free web hosting site. all the amazing ones require a fee.

Okay, slow down here. Your subject in that sentence is 'free hosting site', adjective 'amazing'. You then go on to say that all the amazing 'ones', a pronoun used as a stand in for the previous subject, cost money. So what you said was - 'all the amazing free web hosting sites cost money'.

Grammar lecture aside, it is true that superb hosting services cost money. * That's unavoidable. However, I'm sure I speak for most of the people here when I say it would be better to stay here than gallivant on to another forum that would not be an improvement in any regard. At any rate, fr0st is probably the only person with a stable job here, and I think he's looking into a host.

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
you would also know if you read beyond the word idea in that post that the main point of it was to find out what people disliked about webs.com, not to call you blind, tiel.

I like to think I have good comprehension skills, but I honestly could not even understand that sentence. This isn't Facebook - please take some time to word your posts in a coherent manner.

* (also, just to clarify because I'm a criminal nitpicker - webs.com is not a host. To my knowledge there is no FTP access; I'd call it more of a site maker if anything)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 am

I'll look for a host, but not in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 584
Join date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 am

Wow, I haven't this many comments in weeks! All it took was a little disaster to bring us all together!

Also, my back-up harddrive died a couple months ago and I had all my photos and text copies saved on that. Am I going to have to start from scratch, or is there any way to recover my ship thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 am

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
i could replicate what you did with the other forum almost exactly with webs.com

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on that. Will believe it when I see it.

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
webs.com may be limited but its not as limited as forumotion and it gets the job done with the appearence of being professional.

In fact, webs is much more limited when it comes to forums. Webs is primarily for personal or small business websites, not discussion boards and as such forumotion irrefutably has more features in that regard given its specialization.

And no, Webs does not look professional. At all. Most of them look like something a 12 year old slapped together using various bits and pieces...because that's what they are. The fact that you're a subdomain there (x.webs.com, x.forumotion.com) doesn't help anything, either.

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
the fact is we arent going to find an amazing free web hosting site. all the amazing ones require a fee.

Okay, slow down here. Your subject in that sentence is 'free hosting site', adjective 'amazing'. You then go on to say that all the amazing 'ones', a pronoun used as a stand in for the previous subject, cost money. So what you said was - 'all the amazing free web hosting sites cost money'.

Grammar lecture aside, it is true that superb hosting services cost money. * That's unavoidable. However, I'm sure I speak for most of the people here when I say it would be better to stay here than gallivant on to another forum that would not be an improvement in any regard. At any rate, fr0st is probably the only person with a stable job here, and I think he's looking into a host.

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
you would also know if you read beyond the word idea in that post that the main point of it was to find out what people disliked about webs.com, not to call you blind, tiel.

I like to think I have good comprehension skills, but I honestly could not even understand that sentence. This isn't Facebook - please take some time to word your posts in a coherent manner.

* (also, just to clarify because I'm a criminal nitpicker - webs.com is not a host. To my knowledge there is no FTP access; I'd call it more of a site maker if anything)

Okay. 1'st of all. You aren't the God of website design and you are not the only one out there who knows how, so please learn to trust people. Your next argument was valid and I suppose your'e right. I might have been trying too hard to defend the site. 2'nd of all, don't change the subject by bringing grammar into this. You knew what I meant. Mad I end this argument here. What was me suggesting a new website to use was turned into an argument by you. We both made valid points and we should leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   

Back to top Go down
 
Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Banner inquiry
» Tiling image behind banner on PhpBB?
» Need a custom html page?
» serious help needed
» Back to School In-Style Sweepstakes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: