Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Developing Universe

Go down 
+9
hyperlite
Tiel+
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Caramell
Grand Imperial Thunder
Hierarch Fenway
torrentialAberration
_Shadowcat_
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Developing Universe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Developing Universe   Developing Universe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I should probably chime in and say no to planet breaking things. We're using cubic chunks on the backend, so most of the subsurface terrain will remain ungenerated untill someone is there to explore it. Kind of tough to manipulate something that doesn't exist.

Also, holes from one side to the other won't be possible with the current system, so that.

If any of you have played with the Dynamic Forest mod, you'll know that having the world change itself is a very painful process. So no to the changing biomes mentioned earlier.

Also, I find the whole planet-death idea ridiculous, as it would render that host server and planet completely unusable for many months. Perhaps we should just have an option to start a new planet after your one becomes uninhabitable?

1. Okay. What if it's implemented into the terrain generation? Just so a tundra can't be attached to a desert and a desert needs to have a mountain range on one side. Maybe have the planet's biomes vary according to their location, so deserts will usually be on the equator and tundras near the poles

2. Then all you need is a few ships with the highest tier mining equipment and you can farm a planet. That or restart the entire faction, which will muddle things up.

I approve of option 1, if we were making a terrain mod. We're not, we're making a space mod.

Why not? There'll be a long period of development until you get to space, during which you'll be stuck on the planet. Even when you manage to reach space-faring status, you'll still spend a lot of time on the ground. Wouldn't you want a nice landscape? It's not the most important thing, but details matter.
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: Developing Universe   Developing Universe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Personally i like the idea of terrains locations actually making sense, BUT it isn't the highest priority. I would much rather have weird planets and space exploration then continuing to wait for the terrain generator to be developed.

Main priority: Copernicus, ship stuff and space.
secondary: everything else.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Developing Universe   Developing Universe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
Personally i like the idea of terrains locations actually making sense, BUT it isn't the highest priority. I would much rather have weird planets and space exploration then continuing to wait for the terrain generator to be developed.

Main priority: Copernicus, ship stuff and space.
secondary: everything else.

Like many things, it would most certainly be implemented in a later version, after some bugs are hammered out.
Nothing really matters yet. Fr0st has to finish Copernicus first, then the other stuff can start. Everything will really be worked out then.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Developing Universe   Developing Universe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:01 pm

The DEVs might be able to do some content-coding while we wait. Beats twiddling their talons or equivilent.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Developing Universe   Developing Universe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 8:07 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
The DEVs might be able to do some content-coding while we wait. Beats twiddling their talons or equivilent.

Content needs to be done eventually, but it seems that no one's actually doing anything to help organization, so it's going to be a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developing Universe   Developing Universe - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Developing Universe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2