Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Anonymous device

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 pm

I've been thinking, how about something that hides your identity and your faction, so that you could become a pirate.

We could have a system where every ship has to have a. iD, but players can choose to not have an ID, but if they did that, then they would not be bound by any laws, and could attack (and be attacked) freely.

I'm thinking this could give a good game mechanic for space pirates (half the fun), where someone could use a device that hides their name, and use a pirate ship, without risk of violating their political relations (unless they were captured and found out)

So if your ship had an ID, it would be bound by the laws of whatever ID it has, but if it had no ID, then it would be a pirate ship
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Even simpler. Every ship must have an IFF block to actually work. This is auto-set to the Captain's name (person who activated the control block) and home server. This can be disabled in flight, but doing so surrenders any diplomatic protection you might have.

I.E. Vessel A is under the Faction 1 flag, which is allied to Faction 2, so thus F2 cannot attack. But with IFF off, F2 can attack freely.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Even simpler. Every ship must have an IFF block to actually work. This is auto-set to the Captain's name (person who activated the control block) and home server. This can be disabled in flight, but doing so surrenders any diplomatic protection you might have.

I.E. Vessel A is under the Faction 1 flag, which is allied to Faction 2, so thus F2 cannot attack. But with IFF off, F2 can attack freely.

That's pretty much what I'm getting at only how about personal armour which renders you anonymous (for ship hijacking)
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:35 pm

This topic was locked but thought i would reference it anyway. Might find some good discussion points in here.

https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t1113-orbital-defenses-tracking-system

Shiva's post at the end is worth looking at, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
This topic was locked but thought i would reference it anyway. Might find some good discussion points in here.

https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t1113-orbital-defenses-tracking-system

Shiva's post at the end is worth looking at, at the very least.

That's where half of the ideas are from, only I think an option to be anonymous would be useful, but it would mean anyone could fire at you
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm

I agree that it could be useful. It would make for much more effective espionage.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

It would be more fun if you could make a false identity Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:58 pm

CO should be able to activate and deactivate the IFF tag if the ship has one. If it doesn't, it simply doesn't display anything and has to get permission to do stuff. For players, everything should be controllable in the settings menu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anonymous device Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anonymous device   Anonymous device Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anonymous device
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: