Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.

Go down 
+5
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Tiel+
hyperlite
Tau
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Empty
PostSubject: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

I propose this.

Bitcoin.

Use this as an in-game currency. This would be interesting, as it would provide a much more... unstable economy, more prone to volatile behavior. In simple terms, I propose that we have people merge the game with their Bitcoin wallets and use the Bitcoin as an in-game currency, forcing people to be smart with their funds (since the Bitcoin IS a REAL currency, after all). Since one Bitcoin (BTC1.00) is the equivalent of about US$11.53 as of the time of writing, we would probably do our trading in microBitcoins (mBTC), equivalent to the thousandth of a Bitcoin, like the American mill.

END OF PROPOSAL.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Ummmm, I am not paying real money...

This is a bad idea. My opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm

I've always heard of people 'Bitcoin mining' on the review pages of rather cost-prohibitive GPUs, but other than that I have no clue what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 pm

EmoTiel wrote:
I've always heard of people 'Bitcoin mining' on the review pages of rather cost-prohibitive GPUs, but other than that I have no clue what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

The Bitcoin (BTC or ฿) is the world's first decentralized fully-digital currency, and the world's most popular alternative currency. More simply put, it's a currency with no first-party managing body (it's collectively managed by the network), no mint (so it's all-digital), and it's a wholly and completely open source standard. In fact, some REAL brick-and-mortar businesses accept it as a currency for payment, and Bitcoins can be used to buy items online, AND can be traded to third parties for real, tangible currencies like the US$, EUR, GBP, etc. For more information, look at the Wikipedia page.

Bitcoin mining, as you mentioned, is basically where the Bitcoin network sends blocks of data to a mining application, the application hashes it in various ways checking it for useful data, and the useful data is saved and later sent to the network as a proof-of-work. It's then turned into Bitcoins which can be spent. Mining is more suited to GPUs due to their power and attributes, but it's possible, albeit slow, on a CPU or FPGA.

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS ONLY VERY BASIC INFORMATION.

Last edited by ZeoNet on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 pm

We use FC monies.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
We use FC monies.

Thank you very much for that highly constructive comment. [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 pm

The official standard currency in FC should be FC Monies. All those who disagree, state your reasoning.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:01 pm

I disagree.

It should be FC moneyzz$$$
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 pm

I think we need at least three currencies. They can probably be FSC(Futurecraft Standard Credit), the K'lii, and some other currency. Three, because then people can take control of their economy, and also because exchange rates are needed. People with, say, the FSC, will go to an orbital shipyard to get their ship fixed up. The shipyard only takes K'lii, so he's in a bind. Then, an exchange person waltzes in, and offers 25K K'lii for 20K FSC. Ship person thinks this is robbery. Proceed debating. Then the ship person gets his K'lii and goes, and the exchanger made a profit. Now, if we had one currency, then the exchanger would probably be a forced laborer in the labor mines of Sigma Epsilon VI.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 pm

These rails must be crooked, because we're off them in record time!

But really, does anyone else like my idea? ANYone?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 pm

No, because it would give people who have money to spend on gaming a huge advantage over normal players who have a life.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Why not have the third currency be a custom currency that players can design themselves?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Not three, two. The Universal Credit, and the server-specific money. Three only if we want to go so deep as factions within servers.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:20 am

We are going to use donations to give stuff like resources but in moderate amounts. We are not "F2P P2W" (Free to play pay to win). Stuff that involves may people and money usually goes bad at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.   A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A proposal involving the trading of real-world currency in-game.
Page 1 of 1