Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Ambient Electronic Music

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Ambient Electronic Music  Empty
PostSubject: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:53 pm

So I was digging through some old files when I found a buried folder, inside with some music I had mixed a long time ago for Futurecraft. I'll be honest, most of it is s***, but I found a piece that might be worthwhile.

This one I call "Derelict". It's meant to be ambience, a sort of soundtrack that plays when you board Derelict ships. It's meant to sound exploratory, but with a dark undertone to it and some randomness, signifying the damaged, destroyed nature of the ship and the horrible things that likely happened there. This is in conjuction with my long ago, Derelict ship suggestion.

Link: Derelict

Original Suggestion to go with it:
Professor Fenway wrote:
You are scouting the fringe edge of the system, marking important areas for mining ad colonization, in a small scout ship. Sensors pick up an unidentified reading near your position and you investigate. When you pull up to it, several systems begin to scramble, leaving energy weaponry completely useless, sensors nonfunctional, and autopilot gone. Communication is still possible, barely. Guidance, Navigation, Targeting, all out. This is due to the derelict's reactor, which has destabilized and created a high-intensity magnetic and electromagnetic field around the ship. This leaves you with options. Either take a risk and explore the wreck with outdated ballistic weaponry such as those found today, destroy the wreck... somehow, when the EM field has disabled electrical weaponry systems, or leave, never finding the wreck again. This is because navigation is offline, and the coordinates of the derelict is lost.

When you board the ship, all atmosphere is completely gone. Lighting is dark and red, emergency lights, if they still work. Mobile light sources are a must. Some functions remain, such as some doors, damage control, gravity, but the core is too unstable to provide further power. You explore the ship. Stuff happens. You may encounter creepers, an enemy long since forgotten. Zombies, very powerful, may roam the airless hallways. Some old crewmen, gone mad from isolation, may attack you relentlessly, even to their death. Power Relays may spark and explode. When you deactivate the reactor, the EM field disappears, along with any hazards and mobs. As well, all systems on the ship shut off. Any doors left open stay open, all doors left closed stay so. You may be locked in, warranting the use of explosives. Once you get back to ship, you tow it via tractor beam to station, replace core, fix damage, ect ect.

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Dear God..

What does one use to make music like this?

And holy crap this is terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Nobody cares about music?!

*Puffs up*

Fine! I'll take my talent elsewhere!
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

I'll make a reply as soon as I've listened to it.

I'll listen to it as soon as possible, but my internet is currently slower than a Menyan slugsnail.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Sounds like its somewhere between half life 2 and dead space.

In other words, perfect for futurecraft
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh maaan. I won't be exploring any derelict ships with my volume up if this is added in.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm

I want to call you a wuss, but I'd do the same thing if this mod ever comes out. This soundtrack is damn scary bounce
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

This is only like opening theme. Don't expect it to run the entire exploration, it just doesn't match.

It's meant to be scary, horror themed stuff, so fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambient Electronic Music    Ambient Electronic Music  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ambient Electronic Music
Page 1 of 1