Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should Alt Accounts be allowed?
Yes
67%
 67% [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9
 

AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I would like to suggest a change to the alt accounts rule.

The current wording is

Quote :

Do not create alternate accounts. If an account is suspected to be an alt, it will be examined. If it is found to be an alt, the account will be permanently banned and the original account will receive 3 Warning Points.

I would like to appeal this rule. I would like to suggest a change to

Quote :

Do not create alternate accounts. Alternate accounts may be used for a reasonable purpose (determined by the mods). If an account is suspected to be an alt, it will be examined. If it is found to be an alt, the account will be permanently banned and the original account will receive 3 Warning Points.


Last edited by Commander Error on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 pm

There is no such thing as a reasonable purpose. An alt is an alt, there's utterly no reason to not just use one's main account in pretty much every scenario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Tiel wrote:
There is no such thing as a reasonable purpose. An alt is an alt, there's utterly no reason to not just use one's main account in pretty much every scenario.

I used one to inquire about a ban I was given for no reason.
Reasonable enough to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

..But have you used it since?

No.

At the time that was your sole account, not an alt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Tiel wrote:
There is no such thing as a reasonable purpose. An alt is an alt, there's utterly no reason to not just use one's main account in pretty much every scenario.

I used one to inquire about a ban I was given for no reason.
Reasonable enough to me.
Yes, that´s a reasonable reason for an alt.
If a troll banned you, you can´t do anything against it as creating an alt is the only thing to notify others about it at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Tiel wrote:
..But have you used it since?

No.

At the time that was your sole account, not an alt.
My main account still existed, ergo it was my alt used.

And why the hate on alts? I mean, really?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Because, again, there's no real reason for a person to have more than one account.

Look, when a moderator finds that the rule is not applicable given a set of circumstances, you will be informed and the alt account will be banned after the matter is resolved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Tiel wrote:
..But have you used it since?

No.

At the time that was your sole account, not an alt.
My main account still existed, ergo it was my alt used.

And why the hate on alts? I mean, really?

Well, alts in general are bad, there just is currently no distinction between "alt" and "emergency unfairness notifier".
Maybe that would be the proper subject of this suggestion, so we don´t start a fight about wether Error´s account is an alt or not.
According to the current rules, it is, but on the other hand it shouldn´t be counted as one in law´s terms.
Needs a more clearly definition of "alt" in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Tiel wrote:
There is no such thing as a reasonable purpose. An alt is an alt, there's utterly no reason to not just use one's main account in pretty much every scenario.

I used one to inquire about a ban I was given for no reason.
Reasonable enough to me.

Not really. You violated another rule in order to preserve a more important right. In order to prevent further misunderstandings you can modify the rule to say "Create or use" . Also for this reason there are judges to use logic and find all circumstances that reduce the punishment, in our case to nothing.


Last edited by Iv121 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Tiel wrote:
Because, again, there's no real reason for a person to have more than one account.

Look, when a moderator finds that the rule is not applicable given a set of circumstances, you will be informed and the alt account will be banned after the matter is resolved.

Unless said person has gained an unfair negative reputation, and wants a fresh start?

Unless said person is constantly being harassed by other members,a dn want some peace?

@Iv: But at what point does violating rules take precendence over "more important rights"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Because, again, there's no real reason for a person to have more than one account.

Look, when a moderator finds that the rule is not applicable given a set of circumstances, you will be informed and the alt account will be banned after the matter is resolved.

Unless said person has gained an unfair negative reputation, and wants a fresh start?

Unless said person is constantly being harassed by other members,a dn want some peace?


There is no reason to tell its an alt if the person behaves himself so it becomes a fine violation , unless he misconducts and gets banned again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Commander Error wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Because, again, there's no real reason for a person to have more than one account.

Look, when a moderator finds that the rule is not applicable given a set of circumstances, you will be informed and the alt account will be banned after the matter is resolved.

Unless said person has gained an unfair negative reputation, and wants a fresh start?

Unless said person is constantly being harassed by other members,a dn want some peace?


There is no reason to tell its an alt if the person behaves himself so it becomes a fine violation , unless he misconducts and gets banned again.

But under the rule, even trying to evade less-than-desirable circumstances via an alt isn't allowed.

"Reasonable limits".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Personal insults and harassment will be dealt with harshly in the coming months, at least if I have a say in it. Even if one makes an alt, the aggressors will still pick up on the mannerisms and go after them as before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Tiel wrote:
Personal insults and harassment will be dealt with harshly in the coming months, at least if I have a say in it. Even if one makes an alt, the aggressors will still pick up on the mannerisms and go after them as before.

They say the leopard doesn't change his shorts.
Are "they" right?

And There's ways to be disapproved of w/o insults, I can do that easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

You should be allowed to use an alt if you have lost access to your main account for a reason other than moderator banishment. If you've been banned accidentally, as has happened in the past, you can create an alt to ask about it. After your main account becomes available again, the alt will be permanently banned. No points will be added to either account. Creating a ban to ask why you received points and were banned by moderators is an offense and will result in many points. There shouldn't be any other reason to create an alt. If you're being harassed, talk to a moderator about it, and the harasser will probably be punished. If you've gotten yourself a bad reputation and you want to start over, @#$% off. You've gotten that reputation. If you want to lose it, act better. Seem reasonable?

Also, I don't think there should really be polls in these threads. Ultimately these things will pass if the moderators agree to them. Polls make people think they have a say. Razz The Idea Center is kinda the same way, really. Either a feature will get it or it won't. That's not something moderators can affect any more than anyone else, though. It's a programming/game design issue.

_________________
Spoiler:
 



Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 pm

I disagree. While in our case there is indeed no use in the poll the people should have a saying, because as I said before what is a moderator worth if his community leaves him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 pm

To be honest, I agree except for the permanent banning of the alternate account. What if the situation happens again? What if main access is lost? As we know, Forumotion only allows one account per REAL email. If we get banned by accident once, we use a backup email, then it gets banned. But we get banned by accident AGAIN, we have to make another email and another account that is just going to be thrown away. Instead, each person should be allowed (1) alternate account for appealing/emergency situations. Currently, we cannot appeal temporary bans because our account we could appeal on is, well, banned. Everyone gets 1 alternate account, but ONLY for emergency situations, like stolen account, or appealing purposes, like appealing for a 1-month ban that you believe was given for unfair reasons. Any usage beyond this will be prohibited.

In addition, all alternates will be required to have something visible, like a signature, that tells us that it is an alt. Unregistered alts will get both accounts banned.

Or, better yet, people appeal for alts. People will appeal in this sub-forum for permission to have an alternate account, which will be given by consensus of the mods based on how trustworthy the person is. People with alternate account permissions will be logged in the Judiciary section. Alt accounts must give the main accounts name visible somewhere, like on a signature, or they face an unregistered alt ban. Again, these are only for emergency and/or main account appeal purposes. Further usage beyond their limits calls for immediate revoking of the license and a ban of both accounts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 pm

..what?

That just makes it harder on everyone. There should not be spontaneous outbreaks of 'accidental banning' unless we have someone with power actively trying to get a rise out of the community.

Better to leave it to moderator discretion than allowing it. Your suggestion seems to just make the entire system a lot more complex just to enable a privilege that will be abused to hell and back anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule   

Back to top Go down
 
Appeal to the Mods:Alt Accounts Rule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Rule the Roost sweepstakes
» UK ESA appeal?
» How to Clone Apps & Run Multi Accounts on Android with CLONEiT
» 'Play Current Test Case' button not support to Ruby language.
» Quite lately....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Judiciary :: Court of Appeals-
Jump to: