Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should users be given points for crimes commited months ago?
No.
64%
 64% [ 7 ]
Yes.
36%
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 am

So in Tiel's Judiciary Post, and you can go check it out now, he shows how people are given "points" that expire on certain days. So how I understand it is that there is a certain number of points you need to get to get banned or suspended from the forum. So, points aren't good. I made this topic to rule this out before it becomes an issue for other people. I was given several points for creating an alternate account, TacticalSheep5, but this account was created months before the Judiciary even existed. If people get points for things they did before the creation of the Judiciary, then I should be banned for Necro posting and spamming (all of which I actually used to be quite natorious for) I did make two posts today from the account by accident. So I call you all to vote in the poll above! DOWN WITH TYRANNY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 am

You may dispute points in the appropriate subforum, Kobialka.

I might also note that if your argument here is that you created the account a while back, you have just used it not an hour ago and thus are in violation of the forum rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 am

Having alternate accounts has always been against the rules. So has spamming and necroposting. I think in this case you probably won't end up getting any points, but I am going to ban Sheep.

EDIT: Sheep is already banned. Someone's faster than I am.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Having alternate accounts has always been against the rules. So has spamming and necroposting. I think in this case you probably won't end up getting any points, but I am going to ban Sheep.

alright. But still, if I had gotten points right when it had happened, they would have expired a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

Me. I believe he deserves the full point penalty, as he blatantly made use of the alt with the full knowledge it was against the new forum rules. If I can take three points for creating an alt, so can he.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

I understand the moderators' point (Surprise Tiel thought I hate rules and mods ? Razz ). See you cannot get punished for something you did a long ago because moderators will already punish you by then . The use of the duplicate account as said above is resent and for this your were punished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:29 pm

My read on the rules suggests that it isn't allowed to CREATE an alt account, but says nothing about USING them.

I do believe that the points given to Commander Shane Kobialka are not legitimate, as the alt account in question was created before the revised rules were implemented.

Quote :

Do not create alternate accounts. If an account is suspected to be an alt, it will be examined. If it is found to be an alt, the account will be permanently banned and the original account will receive 3 Warning Points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Commander Error wrote:
My read on the rules suggests that it isn't allowed to CREATE an alt account, but says nothing about USING them.

I do believe that the points given to Commander Shane Kobialka are not legitimate, as the alt account in question was created before the revised rules were implemented.

Quote :

Do not create alternate accounts. If an account is suspected to be an alt, it will be examined. If it is found to be an alt, the account will be permanently banned and the original account will receive 3 Warning Points.

The USING of an account of that kind is a jurisdictional gray zone with no rules applying to it. This is another instance where the judge comes in and uses his logic. The logic here says that he still offended this rule, intentionally but without bad intentions. By summarising those points the Judge should award the amount of points that represent the offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm defense attorneying here. The rules state that creating an alt is a no-no. Rules say nothing about using them, thus he didn't break any rules.

Unless the rule is modified, then technically the points weren't valid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Ex post facto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Error, the usage of an account necessitates the creation of one to begin with. The rules are not up for conjecture here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Tiel wrote:
Error, the usage of an account necessitates the creation of one to begin with. The rules are not up for conjecture here.

He created it before that rule came in, and the poll says that offenses committed previous to the new rules being implemented is a no.
...and this IS the court of appeals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 pm

And I happen to be a judge and don't think your arguments hold water.

Hence, Kobialka gets his points as per my judgement, unless another judge or moderator wishes to dispute it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Although the account was created before the current variation of the rules was officially implemented, the creation of an alt has always been against the rules. It's come up before.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:51 am

I want to reply to the courts and Tiels post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:02 am

Okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary   

Back to top Go down

Reply to Tiels post in the Judiciary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1