Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

A problem that has to be addressed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: A problem that has to be addressed   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

So I have noticed, and some of you probably have to, that there has been some coders that have quite a bit of experience with Java and other stuff,and could of help with this engine stuff, that have just gone away because nothing happened, they post a application, and there comments saying " ya you'd be great" then it just dies.

there has been a few for theses coders that went away(2 that I have seen), and even some applications that never went answered (3)

so there seem to be a need to revamp this system

Now I went ahead and thought of a few suggestions

So there also coders that apply then I don't know it's usually frost that says something like" were not ready for you now, but later we will be"
is there any system to contact them, if not ow about getting their email, and just getting all the devs emails, so if some one mysteriously vanishes,
some one can contact them to see if there still interested, cause that has happen multiply times.

Secondly if there qualified enough, give them dev of coder statues, and a dev log, too give them a scene of commitment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: A problem that has to be addressed   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Well, we have a "coder"-rank which doesn´t include dev-powers, but aside from some guy named cascaid who I don´t know noone has it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: A problem that has to be addressed   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Well, we have a "coder"-rank which doesn´t include dev-powers, but aside from some guy named cascaid who I don´t know noone has it.
It does include moderator powers. As far as I can tell, Coders are exactly the same as Moderators. Cascaid was an excellent programmer who was here for a while, did some really cool stuff (he made that ship in the Complacency Action thread), and then went AWOL. There's also the famous Ectrimble, and a few others. I don't know how to solve it, though. I think Shiva can see the email address they used to make a forum account.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: A problem that has to be addressed   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Well a super dev should get a list of all the devs emails, and if shiva can get the emails of some of the devs and coders who disappeared like cascaide and ectrimble to see what happend, and the coders that applied but were told to come back at a later time
Could help

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: A problem that has to be addressed   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
It does include moderator powers. As far as I can tell, Coders are exactly the same as Moderators. Cascaid was an excellent programmer who was here for a while, did some really cool stuff (he made that ship in the Complacency Action thread), and then went AWOL. There's also the famous Ectrimble, and a few others. I don't know how to solve it, though. I think Shiva can see the email address they used to make a forum account.

Wrong. No mod powahs.

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A problem that has to be addressed   

Back to top Go down

A problem that has to be addressed
Page 1 of 1