Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Space hobos, the unseen epidemic

Go down 
+6
_Shadowcat_
Caramell
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Chapter Master Addeptis
Joel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Empty
PostSubject: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm

So having a fraction, it would be nice to have a home planet, and if that fraction owned a server it was based on, no problem,
but how about that one that don't have a server, if I'm correct you don't need one to make one,(if not then there's really no point to this),
and they don't want to be nomads, and wander space in city ships, or what ever that secret ship was in that post on the Minecraft forums.

Now people with sever could rent there planets or something, or maybe the main Futurecraft server would host multiply solar system with free planets,
but those would have many problems like border disputes, and the FC server would run out of space eventually.

So theses poor server less fraction, force to wander space, knowing no true home, and never really becoming as powerful as there planet bearing counter parts,

edit:
Any one have any suggestions on how to deal with this.

Last edited by Burnttoaster on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 pm

So you're saying if my fraction, in this instance let's say 2/3, is a fraction but doesn't have a server. And you're saying that 2/3 could rent a planet from a server? But why does my fraction want a planet to begin with?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Vriska Serket wrote:
So you're saying if my fraction, in this instance let's say 2/3, is a fraction but doesn't have a server. And you're saying that 2/3 could rent a planet from a server? But why does my fraction want a planet to begin with?

Let see here.....

List, Water,food,Resources,Tons of rp reasons,place to attract new members, after a while you are going to want a land base some where.

I diffidently don't plan on being a fleet based chapter. (the black templars have that covered) <---+5 respect for anyone who knows where this is from:D
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Vriska Serket wrote:

Vriska Serket wrote:
So you're saying if my fraction, in this instance let's say 2/3, is a fraction but doesn't have a server.

Vriska Serket wrote:
So you're saying if my fraction,

Vriska Serket wrote:
fraction

Whole numbers only.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 pm

this is a question about "ahem" factions that want a planet, but lack the means of getting one at the start
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Vriska Serket wrote:

Vriska Serket wrote:
So you're saying if my fraction, in this instance let's say 2/3, is a fraction but doesn't have a server.

Vriska Serket wrote:
So you're saying if my fraction,

Vriska Serket wrote:
fraction

Whole numbers only.
It knows, and was being sarcastic. Not the 2/3.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 am

Chapter Master Addeptis wrote:
+5 respect for anyone who knows where this is from:D
Just a random guess, Warhammer?
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Okay maybe I should of said "any one have any suggestions"

so any one have any suggestion on how to deal with this ( and this is if they don't want to be nomads, like I clearly pointed out)
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I...dont understand a word of the OP...I think its something about space hobos....

(Im serious)
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
I...dont understand a word of the OP...I think its something about space hobos....

(Im serious)

I'm talking about the factions that won't host there own server, and don't want to be nomads so they don't have a home planet but want one, and how to make it work so they have one at the start.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:

(Im serious)

I'm talking about the factions that won't host there own server, and don't want to be nomads so they don't have a home planet but want one, and how to make it work so they have one at the start.

1. Create a splinter faction.

2. Drift through space.

3. Find a nice, large, well-hidden asteroid.

4. Hollow the asteroid out.

5. Build a city in the asteroid.

6. ???

7. Profit!
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Well considering that they could just build a spacebase, Find another planet, or what catsonmeth said.

Plus giving a faction a whole world is a horrible waste of RAM and memory, It would be more entertaining and efficent to just let them fight it out with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 am

I think it is going to be possible for a server to have several factions.
2 factions, 1 planet, problem solved.
Also, each server will have several planets, so that one shouldn´t be too much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 am

2 factions, 1 planet = mass war and destruction of both factions.

It is impossible for two separate groups of humans to live together for more than 50 years without war, and if they don't fight, they're now indefinite.

In Minecraft, about 50 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space hobos, the unseen epidemic   Space hobos, the unseen epidemic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space hobos, the unseen epidemic
Page 1 of 1