Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Ground design area

Go down 
+7
_Shadowcat_
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
Commander Error
ACH0225
torrentialAberration
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should it be added?
Yes
Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
No (please give good reason)
Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
I Dont know
Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Cheese
Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Ground design area - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Ground design area - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 am

Futurecraft. Not Spacecraft.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 am

Iv121 wrote:
I do not support ground battles in space combat sim anyway. It gets suff too thin, you won't meet ANYTHING on those planets if you give each one of them their own dimension. Besides I think futurecraft is all about space battles, and should not try to be what it isn't .

I dont think there will be enough people playing the mod at once to have two battles at once. one in space and one on land with the people remaining fighting there own battles and doin there own stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 am

That is the point - you spread players too thin, just imagine how much time it takes to find someone in a world like you want to make: a planet will be probably similar to the overworld just with limits, still it should be big. We get lets say 4 avg WORLDs per system, like 20 systems (each one of them is also a world) so we get 100 WORLDs , do you really hope to find someone in there ? and also how much do you think 100 worlds, even if limited , weight ? You cannot have both, either you do space or ground. If you choose to add both (lets say really limit the worlds) it will get crappy (imagine battling over a small area of 20x20 chucks lets say ... feels more like a deathmach than the strategic stuff you plan to make). While having the ability to truly land and fight over planets is not bad we just cannot really make it. As I said you can try to add it later of you want but not at the cost of the important things such as space (and yes LJS it is closer to SPACECRAFT)

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:

3. Okay, Ill fix it. Want to be politically and religiously correct. Actually, We reffer to Christ as "God´s son", altough Christ and Jahwe (I hope that´s spelled right) are actually two of three forms of appearence of god according to christian believe.

No you didn’t, you cannot. The God's name was especially made unpronounceable, just god you know ? Also isn't it that god doesn't have a form ? This is totally confusing now Sad . It is supposed to be the God father, the God son and the God spirit isn't it ? Oh god what a mess Razz .
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:09 am

Iv121 wrote:
That is the point - you spread players too thin, just imagine how much time it takes to find someone in a world like you want to make: a planet will be probably similar to the overworld just with limits, still it should be big. We get lets say 4 avg WORLDs per system, like 20 systems (each one of them is also a world) so we get 100 WORLDs , do you really hope to find someone in there ? and also how much do you think 100 worlds, even if limited , weight ? You cannot have both, either you do space or ground. If you choose to add both (lets say really limit the worlds) it will get crappy (imagine battling over a small area of 20x20 chucks lets say ... feels more like a deathmach than the strategic stuff you plan to make). While having the ability to truly land and fight over planets is not bad we just cannot really make it. As I said you can try to add it later of you want but not at the cost of the important things such as space (and yes LJS it is closer to SPACECRAFT)
Read the MCF OP. All this stuff has been planned since day 1, Iv.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 am

Maybe, I dunno that thing is outdated, could you summarise it ? Hey and don't blame me in being lazy you didn't see the flying ship video Razz .
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Iv121 wrote:

3. Okay, Ill fix it. Want to be politically and religiously correct. Actually, We reffer to Christ as "God´s son", altough Christ and Jahwe (I hope that´s spelled right) are actually two of three forms of appearence of god according to christian believe.

No you didn’t, you cannot. The God's name was especially made unpronounceable, just god you know ? Also isn't it that god doesn't have a form ? This is totally confusing now Sad . It is supposed to be the God father, the God son and the God spirit isn't it ? Oh god what a mess Razz .

Actually, it is true that the father-universe-creating-part of god as well as the god-spirit-power-thingy don´t have any appearence, but the Jesus-part of god did take a human form. Altough it was for just 30 years or something.

It´s very confusing, but I think I have figured it out.

Also, Christians aren´t that strict with Jewish religious rules.
I guess in Israel it is hardly imaginable that in Europe, almost noone goes to church on sunday. (christian sabbat, just 1 day later)
Also, we have these weird rules called "mortal sins", which, if you commit them, you get punished for after your death.
And no, it doesn´t involve ignoring the 10 bids, but doing things such as being angry or having luxury.
It´s weird that you´re supposed to go to hell if you try to live your life as pleasant as possible.

We should really make a thread for religious talk...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

To your post Ivan:

off-topic warning:

Having a POLITE discussion on the matter can be really interesting and I disagree with locking the thread where all this belongs to.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Mods are lock-happy a ton of the time Sad
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:48 pm

That thread really didn't break any law.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm

No, but threads specifically for the comparison of religion or politics are a bad idea. Even if they start friendly, they will end in a flame war. Mackeroth was right to lock it.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
No, but threads specifically for the comparison of religion or politics are a bad idea. Even if they start friendly, they will end in a flame war. Mackeroth was right to lock it.

Well, I wasn´t planning on making actual arguments about what believe is better but to compare the properties of religions.

Anyway, on second thought, you might propably require a community consistant entirely of intelectuals (which we don´t have here) in order to keep a discussion about religion polite.

@Iv:
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

nice to see everyone likes the idea and is staying completely on topic
Also, i added a poll
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm

I say no, simply because it's not needed. I agree that ground warfare will be important in the mod, but there aren't nearly enough ground vehicles on the forum to make another subforum useful. There's no reason that I can see not to have them in your thread in the Ship Design Area, other than an objection over the name. It's a lot easier to fix that than to and another subforum, and it won't require everyone to move their ground vehicles to a new and useless thread. Moreover, it would force people to look in more than one place for a user's creations, which is pointless and inefficient.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
I say no, simply because it's not needed. I agree that ground warfare will be important in the mod, but there aren't nearly enough ground vehicles on the forum to make another subforum useful. There's no reason that I can see not to have them in your thread in the Ship Design Area, other than an objection over the name. It's a lot easier to fix that than to and another subforum, and it won't require everyone to move their ground vehicles to a new and useless thread. Moreover, it would force people to look in more than one place for a user's creations, which is pointless and inefficient.

The name could be changed to "Design Area", just so people will feel more welcome to post their ground based creations.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Iv121 wrote:

Actually, it is true that the father-universe-creating-part of god as well as the god-spirit-power-thingy don´t have any appearence, but the Jesus-part of god did take a human form. Altough it was for just 30 years or something.

It´s very confusing, but I think I have figured it out.

Also, Christians aren´t that strict with Jewish religious rules.
I guess in Israel it is hardly imaginable that in Europe, almost noone goes to church on sunday. (christian sabbat, just 1 day later)
Also, we have these weird rules called "mortal sins", which, if you commit them, you get punished for after your death.
And no, it doesn´t involve ignoring the 10 bids, but doing things such as being angry or having luxury.
It´s weird that you´re supposed to go to hell if you try to live your life as pleasant as possible.

We should really make a thread for religious talk...

I agree. The only reason there are religious arguments is because we don't understand eachothers beliefs. If we had one that would be settled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Cut the off-topic, guys. This is an idea thread. The religion thread got locked for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Alright I still don't think that ground battles should be implemented because they spread players too thin. Now back to off-topic Razz. Srsly though the thread didn't pass any rule, and while it is the moderator's responsibility to keep an eye on the forum they must also act by the book. They cannot randomly lock threads and claim they might cause flaming. I can say the same about a thread about unfair bans, will you lock it too ? It has a great potential for flaming too. As long as there is none going on there is no valid reason to lock the thread down as it effects the right of free speech and opinion expression.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I am locking this thread, because it is completely off-topic. Yes, I understand the irony. No, I won't stop. This will be easier to handle once the proposal is implemented.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ground design area   Ground design area - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ground design area
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2