Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The slyth dominion.

Go down 
+2
MrTargareyan
ACH0225
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

The slyth dominion. Empty
PostSubject: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Goverment type: democracy
Technology: advanced
Tendencies: cowardly
Species type: reptilian and serpentine
Weaknesses: uv intolerance

The slyth dominion was once an immensly powerful and incredibly advanced civilisation ruled over by an even more advanced advanced race known simply as, the makers. This was before the cataclysmic event of unknown origin and type known as the fall. This resulted in the collapse of the social order, the extinction of the makers who died trying to protect the slyth against a terrible enemy, a civil war and the loss of most of the slyths technology. However in the last hundred years the slyth have rebuilt their remaining planets as a democracy, thus slowing their slow slip into obscurity. Now the slith seek to carve out thierry empire once more, to retake lost colonies and manipulate their enemies against each other.

Allies:

Enimies:

Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Generic sci-fi empire. Try and think bigger.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 pm

It would be generic, I based my race on the sslyth from codex dark eldar 40k, all I've done is elaborated on the nature of the sslyths fall from power.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
It would be generic, I based my race on the sslyth from codex dark eldar 40k, all I've done is elaborated on the nature of the sslyths fall from power.
Another 40k guy?
Alarm! We´re getting swarmed by Space Mareens!
(don´t mind me, I´m essentially a spirit of some dead Earth Human, nothing special.)
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Another 40k guy?
(don´t mind me, I´m essentially a spirit of some dead Earth Human, nothing special.)

Oh stop hating Ivan. Warhammer40k is great game and has epic story lines. But why he did have to go with the space Elfs!.....More Xenos scum for me to kill.

( now where did i put my bolter.....)
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am

Chapter Master Addeptis wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Another 40k guy?

Oh stop hating Ivan. Warhammer40k is great game and has epic story lines. But why he did have to go with the space Elfs!.....More Xenos scum for me to kill.

War hammer is a great game (coming from a perimeter fan), but we need more original stuff here, no offence, but personally I think futurecraft would be better with people designing their own spaceships, although that said, some of the replicas (e.g. The emperor class battleship) are pretty damn awesome
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:36 am

Chapter Master Addeptis wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Another 40k guy?

Sorry, I didn´t mean to hate, just complaining about the fact that more and more people go Warhammer-style here, essentially overrunning all other factions, leaving us as a Warhammer 40k-themed community instead of the mixed-franchise community we´re supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm a huge Warhammer fan, but I decided to make my own ships.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:

I kind of think Warhammer is one of those things you may like, but didn´t really get to or wanted to try it out.
In my case, I still think Warhammer-ships look like locomotives and are horribly oversized.
As well I think Space Marines are completely unbalanced.
I mean, someone said they could take on... what? 1000 Orcs? Even if orcs were holding the record for "dumbest sentinent race in the universe", a Mareene will quite likely be considered OP at closer look.
That´s why it´s difficult to use Warhammer 40k-stuff in multiverse-RPs like this, because it´s so frikkin OP that you first have to find a 40k ship class that fits less enough space marines to avoid being OP.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:

I kind of think Warhammer is one of those things you may like, but didn´t really get to or wanted to try it out.
In my case, I still think Warhammer-ships look like locomotives and are horribly oversized.
As well I think Space Marines are completely unbalanced.
I mean, someone said they could take on... what? 1000 Orcs? Even if orcs were holding the record for "dumbest sentinent race in the universe", a Mareene will quite likely be considered OP at closer look.
That´s why it´s difficult to use Warhammer 40k-stuff in multiverse-RPs like this, because it´s so frikkin OP that you first have to find a 40k ship class that fits less enough space marines to avoid being OP.

Which is why i haven't started any wars. Currently our main mission is to just play the lonely guy in the corner until something really big and bad enemy threatens us all..........like a huge Ork waaaagh.....Then we come and do what space marine do best.... Either way i may be playing a warhammer40k faction but i have no plans of fucking up the rp. If i wanted to take over the universe i would have already done it. Seeing as i have a forge world that can make titans and 10,000 man space marine legion. But i haven't and out of respect for everyone in the rp i will never do such a thing. And because i love this forum to much to be a asshole like that.

As for the 1,000 orks vs 1 marine. Well that marine has to have good few tons of ammo. as well as some pretty good defensive positions to do that...All though the books often talk about how heroes easily take on more then that pretty often. Space marines have there reasons for being so op. I posted a lot of info and story about how they are made in another section on the forum.( Read this it explains a lot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Marines_(Warhammer_40,000) ) And as for the orks.. well you pretty much made a perfect description of them.( http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Orks ) I rest my case with those links they explain pretty much everything you talked about. Oh wait i forgot about the ships. Well that has to do with Horus heresy.... that's a different story for a different time........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The slyth dominion.   The slyth dominion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The slyth dominion.
Page 1 of 1