Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype fleet MKII

Go down 
+14
Tiel+
torrentialAberration
Acu2010
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
_Shadowcat_
Commander Kobialka
Julo
Grand Imperial Thunder
kokonus
Captain stufuzzycat
Last_Jedi_Standing
ShadowS56
Iv121
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 am

I like the guns, the use of iron with the dark grey material (whatever it is) provides a good contrast. I approve. The mech should be deleted, it has too many problems with it (such as an over-sized head, a long neck, disproportionate gun, lack of detail, or the random emerald block).
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Prototype wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
That mech looks... quite well, considering it´s about the size I would still use models if I were a dev...

People confuse 'good' and 'well' all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen it go that way before. For future reference, 'good' is an adjective and 'well' is an adverb. This applies to everyone, not just Ivan. Grammar Nazi away!

Kintober's German, you know. I hear any reference to Nazism can be considered offensive over there.

Nazism is wrong, call it fascism to avoid offending anyone, for suture reference, instead of grammar Nazi, its just grammar fascist, which means the same but won't offend anyone, but I won't do anything about it if anyone misuses grammar because I am a grammar communist.

This thread is now 20% more politically correct

Calling it facism won´t stop it from offending me, because Nacism was brought to us Austrians, while Facism happened to us.
Also, every trivilisation (including but not limited to parodies; even worse: glorification) of the NAZI is illegal in Austria and can get you to lifetime prison if you, like, shout "Hail Führer!" at the President of Austria.
Actually, wasn´t extnsive fachism the reason CMA was banned?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Prototype wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
That mech looks... quite well, considering it´s about the size I would still use models if I were a dev...

People confuse 'good' and 'well' all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen it go that way before. For future reference, 'good' is an adjective and 'well' is an adverb. This applies to everyone, not just Ivan. Grammar Nazi away!

Kintober's German, you know. I hear any reference to Nazism can be considered offensive over there.

Nazism is wrong, call it fascism to avoid offending anyone, for suture reference, instead of grammar Nazi, its just grammar fascist, which means the same but won't offend anyone, but I won't do anything about it if anyone misuses grammar because I am a grammar communist.

This thread is now 20% more politically correct

Calling it facism won´t stop it from offending me, because Nacism was brought to us Austrians, while Facism happened to us.
Also, every trivilisation (including but not limited to parodies; even worse: glorification) of the NAZI is illegal in Austria and can get you to lifetime prison if you, like, shout "Hail Führer!" at the President of Austria.
Actually, wasn´t extnsive fachism the reason CMA was banned?

I don't believe he was banned.

Anyway, Nazism is bad, fascism rarely works, and this is off-topic. Back to the ship thread.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Mack's word is final.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:06 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
I like the guns, the use of iron with the dark grey material (whatever it is) provides a good contrast. I approve. The mech should be deleted, it has too many problems with it (such as an over-sized head, a long neck, disproportionate gun, lack of detail, or the random emerald block).

The random emerald block isn't random, I use them as beam focusers for laser type weaponry, I used to use diamond blocks, but the emerals blocks have a better texture and look better.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

got a hanger thingy done:
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-129
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-130

big cannon
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-131

and heres a (almost) lovely view of about one third of the ship:
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Big_sh10
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm

looks good
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 pm

>Aims for center with four railguns
>>Ship goes kablooey
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 pm

EmoTiel wrote:
>Aims for center with four railguns
>>Ship goes kablooey

You haven't even seen the centre of the ship,and I can assure you all systems with the potential to cause self destruction are covered by at least 6 layers of obsidian, not that's I've made any yet.

And that would more likely go like:

"Aims for centre with four rail guns"

>>>Gets shot down
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:16 pm

With what? The pointy antennae things jutting out of the ship? You don't mean to call those guns, do you?

If so, you're not going to have enough ammo for all of them unless a significant portion of the ship is devoted to storage, in which case single shot=boom.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 pm

EmoTiel wrote:
With what? The pointy antennae things jutting out of the ship? You don't mean to call those guns, do you?

If so, you're not going to have enough ammo for all of them unless a significant portion of the ship is devoted to storage, in which case single shot=boom.

Silly boy, why use physical ammunition when you can have high power energy weapons?

Most of my weapons are energy weapons, and most do not require physical ammo (those that do use non-volatile substances) and railgun ammunition is not explosive, for railguns rely upon impact force to do damage, rather than chemical explosives.

Plus the smallest guns visible there would have a barrel diameter of three meters (three blocks) which is a ridiculous calibre, and the "big gun" I have put up already pales in comparison to the "planet busters" (can't actually destroy a planet in one shot), which I have not yet displayed.

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 pm

See, the phrase "bristling with weapons" is just that - a phrase. My only complaints about your ship so far are the ridiculous amount of armaments and that it's really two rectangular prisms tethered together. I'd say scale up the detail you added to the rear portion so it aligns to the cube by only a few blocks and be a little more realistically minded with your weaponry. It's all going to probably be replaced with entities anyway, so no need to cover the craft in block-based turrets.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am

EmoTiel wrote:
See, the phrase "bristling with weapons" is just that - a phrase. My only complaints about your ship so far are the ridiculous amount of armaments and that it's really two rectangular prisms tethered together. I'd say scale up the detail you added to the rear portion so it aligns to the cube by only a few blocks and be a little more realistically minded with your weaponry. It's all going to probably be replaced with entities anyway, so no need to cover the craft in block-based turrets.

By I like my turrets, and the number isn't ridiculous, yet...

And I don't like the tethering bit much myself, so expect that to change at some point.

Also having huge turrets can work wonders when it comes to breaking the monotony of the bare chassis, but so do the runways and launch pads for the carrier sections, so it's somewhere between a huge gun platform and a carrier ship.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:23 pm

That looks great, and having it so big and zoomed out makes it look really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 pm

started on the "planet buster" cannons

first view of the barrel (the easy bit)
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-133

now, some of you may be thinking "thats too big, that is too big to be a plasma cannon, laser cannon or a MAC/railgun", you are right, it is too large to be any of those, its a Neutron decay/proton acceleration cannon (a new form of MAC)

basically takes a very dense cluster of neutrons (a small neutron star) and a device in the back of the cannon induces beta decay, causing the neutrons to break down to give a proton, an electron and an anti electron neutrino. With the neutrons turning into protons, the mass can now be accelerated by a magnetic field (the magnets must be kept at a distance, to stop the projectile from obliterating the barrel), and the electrons are absorbed by the barrel of the cannon (50% can be recycled to compensate for the huge power required), while the proton mass is fired out the other end. Not only is the projectile very dense, and carries huge kinetic energy, it also ionises almost everything it touches, releasing more energy. there are few things that can surive a direct hit

now you must be thinking "thats stupidly OP"

almost, due to the huge charge of the projectile, its course can be altered by a strong magnetic field, and the projectile will not keep going forever, it will break down relatively quickly.

that and the dense neutron material is very hard to get a hold of.

so it works similar to a MAC, but with a unique projectile.

I can't say that this would actually work, in the way I describe it, but after all this is sci-fi, and realistic sci-fi cannot exist (otherwise it would be science fact)

This is my contribution to the sci-fi systems of FC, the planet buster cannon (or NDC)

Last edited by Prototype on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 pm

another third + two early planet busters, compared to the "big gun" i put earlier
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Big_sh11

I am aware turrets/guns will likely be entities, but I will deal with that when someone actually makes that happen.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Prototype wrote:
another third + two early planet busters, compared to the "big gun" i put earlier
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Big_sh11

I am aware turrets/guns will likely be entities, but I will deal with that when someone actually makes that happen.

Actually, the small guns will be entities.
You build the bigger guns with special blocks and joints.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Actually, the small guns will be entities.
You build the bigger guns with special blocks and joints.

thank dog for that. perhaps each gun has a block where the shot originates from, so people can change their barrel sizes by adding more blocks
Back to top Go down
Acu2010

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Prototype, the HC/V-46 Beluga: I don't add fins is because, it's a weak point in the hull. The fin can easily be blown off and is likely the first place you'd aim. And it's directly at the back of the ship which can breah teh hull and probably cripple the ship.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm

done another mech

the AHM-74 Goliath

Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-112
cockpit+shoulder cannons
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-113
Rapid fire 25cm gun
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-134
howitzer cannon
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-135
front view
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-136
rear vew+missile silos
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 2012-137

trying to find a way to make a compact (folded up) form to fit in the Tormentor
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Acu2010 wrote:
Prototype, the HC/V-46 Beluga: I don't add fins is because, it's a weak point in the hull. The fin can easily be blown off and is likely the first place you'd aim. And it's directly at the back of the ship which can breah teh hull and probably cripple the ship.

the Beluga is a very old ship of mine, so is the humback. now i style ships more like the extinctor and tormentor
Back to top Go down
Acu2010

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Prototype wrote:
done another mech

the AHM-74 Goliath

cockpit+shoulder cannons
Rapid fire 25cm gun
howitzer cannon
front view
rear vew+missile silos

What is that mod o.o with the guns, and the robot looks amazing really great job.

EDIT: I realised it's ICBM...
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Prototype wrote:
done another mech

the AHM-74 Goliath

cockpit+shoulder cannons
Rapid fire 25cm gun
howitzer cannon
front view
rear vew+missile silos

Its pretty slim, might want to beef up your mechs
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 pm

DON'T QUOTE PICS!

Last edited by Prime Arc Thunder on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
DON'T QUOTE PICKS!

Quote :

Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Pickaxe_Anim
Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 30135296
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype fleet MKII
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next