Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype fleet MKII

Go down 
+14
Tiel+
torrentialAberration
Acu2010
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
_Shadowcat_
Commander Kobialka
Julo
Grand Imperial Thunder
kokonus
Captain stufuzzycat
Last_Jedi_Standing
ShadowS56
Iv121
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype fleet MKII Empty
PostSubject: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 pm

lost my old fleet, time to build a new one..

first off the MKII of the HC/V-46 Beluga, I present, the HC/V-97 Humpback
Spoiler:

I managed to find my old HC/V-46 Beluga, so I've refined the design:
Spoiler:

and now the biggest damn thing I've ever built, the SHC/A-19 BLUE carrier:
with 80 launch pads for fighters, one petawatt railgun, 4 heavy ion cannons and a 42 conventional turrets, this is definately the most powerful warship in the fleet.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Prototype on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:37 pm

The overall shape is fine but the hull itself feels blank . Add some color or detail (You can both OFC but they give the same effect) .
Back to top Go down
ShadowS56

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I agree with Iv121, needs more color. The design is great though.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 am

Definitely needs more color.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 am

The design is great, but you have some issues with functionality.

I'm assuming this is something of a carrier since it appears there's a whole deck dedicated to flight control...for one fighter? Neutral

Also, the hump on the back contains guns, yes? How do those fire without shearing off the top of the cockpit?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:07 am

Yeah, there might be some issues.
The best thing of colouration is using a main colour, a secondary colour (don´t use too much) and propably a third colour, but only on large ships or at minimized scale.
In addition to Tiel´s note about the flight deck, I have two additions:
1) If you make the fighters visible, make them all visible. Otherwise everyone will tell you that you´re using your flight deck ineffectively.
2) How are your piots supposed to get into the fighters without being exposed to the vacuum of space? make some king of air-shield. maybe with water.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:58 am

Not guns, external engines, the Landing pad would be for shuttles, yet a flight control deck would be required for a landing pad of any size.

As for exposing the pilots to the vacuum of space... Well everyone knows organic pilots are obsolete, well transport pilots, not fighter pilots.

Will add colour after I've finished the SHC/A-19 blue, which is going to be a while...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 am

finished the BLUE, added to OP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:47 am

Definitely more color, maybe more sleek ship designs as well.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 am

How are the fighters supposed to land in the carrier?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Reduce speed beforehand, the fighters in there I've modified to have a low stall speed, once they are in, the engines are turned off and the craft is turned round, it's very easy

plus you don't need runways in space, because you don't need lift, only thrust, you can take off in any direction you want to.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Prototype wrote:
Reduce speed beforehand, the fighters in there I've modified to have a low stall speed, once they are in, the engines are turned off and the craft is turned round, it's very easy

plus you don't need runways in space, because you don't need lift, only thrust, you can take off in any direction you want to.
...Things don't stall in space.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Prototype wrote:

No but the speed value for the fighter in the mod I am using have a stall speed, therefore in this circumstance there is a stall speed, which is very low.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Prototype wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Prototype wrote:

No but the speed value for the fighter in the mod I am using have a stall speed, therefore in this circumstance there is a stall speed, which is very low.
Still, even if Flan´s mod (You know, we all recognize the Viper from Manus´ pack) has stall, think spacy.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Prototype wrote:

with 80 launch pads for fighters, one exowatt railgun, 4 heavy ion cannons and a 42 conventional turrets, this is definately the most powerful warship in the fleet.
Prototype wrote:

with 80 launch pads for fighters, one exowatt railgun
Prototype wrote:

one exowatt railgun
You, sir are not fitting that weapon on that ship.
A 1 Exowatt railgun may be a one-shor MAC mounted on a Death-Star sized space station.
Look up your prefixes before tossing them around, please.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Ah cripe, I meant petawatt, read the sheet wrong

although the laser on the death star would have to be more than an exowatt to blow planets up, and petawatt lasers have been developed (correction, laser)

however attempting to fit an exowatt railgun on a ship is something I would like to try and do (for the lols)
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Prototype wrote:
Ah cripe, I meant petawatt, read the sheet wrong

although the laser on the death star would have to be more than an exowatt to blow planets up, and petawatt lasers have been developed (correction, laser)

however attempting to fit an exowatt railgun on a ship is something I would like to try and do (for the lols)
Still, another rant: a railgun fires single shots. How are you gonna measure thair power in watts?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 pm

the power supplied to the device to fire the shots, not the actual energy of the shot itself
(power supplied to shot is proportional to the power of the shot, not sure on how proportional though)
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:51 am

Prototype wrote:
the power supplied to the device to fire the shots, not the actual energy of the shot itself
(power supplied to shot is proportional to the power of the shot, not sure on how proportional though)

No. You would measure a railgun by its impact force. The amount of power going into it is irrelevant: you might have a system where 30% of the electrical energy is converted into kinetic, and I have one where 90% is, while still having the same damage (mine just needs less power).

Like many other have said, your ships need colour and detail. You ships seem quite similar to how mine were when I first started building; a year and a half ago...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:53 am

Requiring less power would be better.

Also, definitely add a spot color of some kind, because otherwise its a bit bland.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Still adding colour, consider the ships as blank canvases?

And there are multiple ways of measuring the power of a railgun, so for my series I classify them by the useful power (e.g. 1 petawatt)' because not exactly every shot will have a uniform impact energy (you can have a damn good guess though)
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Okay, then I´ll make some calculations.
I´ll just assume that your Railgun (from now on called MAC) has 50% energy efficiency and the actual fireing sequence takes 10ms (any railgun just uses energy whilst fireing the projectile, most of the fireing cycle is reloading), leading to the following formula:
E=P*t
E=1,000,000,000,000,000*0.5*0.01
E=1,000,000,000,000,000*0.005
E=1,000,000,000,000*5
E=5,000,000,000,000J=5 terajoule

Halo ship-mounted MAC:
E=m*v²
E=600,000*30,000²
E=540,000,000,000,000J= 540 terajoule

Wow, you´re more reasonable than I thought.
But the whole calculation is being crushed if the 1 terawatt is meant as the energy dumped into some kind of capacitor during the entire reloading phase.
Then, of course, it is quite unlogical for you to fit that weapon into a ship whilst it being able to fire multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm

So this:

Prototype fleet MKII 2012-110

vs

Spoiler:

I dunno, I'd have to say there's a great gap in quality here Razz
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm

You forget this is th future, although your quite right, the weapon is not really meant to fire multiple time, it's only really there for intimidation. Althought with the right use of superconductors, you could get it to fire multiple times, but i'm not even going to get started on that.

Even though there is a petawatt laser here on earth (in some lab, think they are trying to do nuclear fusion with it) so maybe a petawatt railgun isn't out of the question

And isn't the whole point of futurecraft (from my understanding) to make ideas work (even if they are not realistic, but that's sci-fi for you)

However when it comes to supplying the power, I've got a few ideas for a generator that could easily supply that (the ideas are based off several science fiction theories, such at the pilots theory and exotic matter (what makes warp drives))

But I'll explain that soon...
Could fry a few brains...

Oh I've scrapped the humpback, good target practice
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Finished an early colour design for the ship, and done a quick design for the alcubierre (warp) drive

The ships brand new colours:
Prototype fleet MKII 2012-116

Is this design doing it for anyone, should I expand this one or try a new one?

the ships new warp drive (just a certain geometrical arrangement of exotic matter:(
Prototype fleet MKII 2012-118
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype fleet MKII   Prototype fleet MKII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype fleet MKII
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next