Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?

Go down 
+6
Keon
ACH0225
Iv121
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Chapter Master Addeptis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Empty
PostSubject: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Heres the link what do u guys think ? http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-04/04/0x10c
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Nostrajedi predicts that it will never gain Minecraft's popularity and will instead spiral down to a slow and bitter death.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Old news.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Tiel wrote:
Old news.
Well sorry i didn't no about this >:L
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 am

Yea, minecraft became popular due to it's unusual idea, it was the pioneer in it's sort (well at least a pioneer that go advertised well, there probably others that just failed to advertise themselves and what is a point in a game of nobody knows about it). We should all agree that Notch's code is awful. While he can use his name and founds he raised from minecraft to create a new game it might become a disappointment or an average game at most.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 am

Minecraft got popular because it's easy to make a let's play of on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 am

Iv121 wrote:
We should all agree that Notch's code is awful.

You a coder?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 am

Keon wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

You a coder?

A starting one but yea it's kinda hard to miss that fact when skyrim runs smoothly and minecraft crashes your comp ... Also when you name your classes "A, AA , AAA, AAB ,AAC ..." it's gonna end up nowhere good ... I'd get kicked out of class if I named my classes like that .

Last edited by Iv121 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

You a coder?

A starting one but yea it's kinda hard to miss that fact when skyrim runs smoothly and minecraft crashes your game ... Also when you name your classes "A, AA , AAA, AAB ,AAC ..." it's gonna end up nowhere good ... I'd get kicked out of class if I named my classes like that .
So would he. They have names like item.class, worldgen.class, etc. It's automatically obfuscated.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

You a coder?

A starting one but yea it's kinda hard to miss that fact when skyrim runs smoothly and minecraft crashes your comp ... Also when you name your classes "A, AA , AAA, AAB ,AAC ..." it's gonna end up nowhere good ... I'd get kicked out of class if I named my classes like that .

That... is the way to make people not read it. If you looked inside class a, it would say stuff like:

func_11413(asd a, rt b, qw c)
{
int d;
}

Stuff like that.

Anyways, Skyrim has many people working on getting it smooth, Minecraft has 3 or so. And what I can fault them with is they don't care about fixing bugs when there's content to do.

I think Notch could make this game, and I love it's idea (Mostly because coders are going to be the ruling elite.) Keep in mind, Minecraft is about the same difficulty as Skyrim for the coders; Just a bunch of frameworks to load a lot of stuff. Then the skyrim people turn it over to the content dudes, and the artist dudes, etc.

tl;dr: Indie programming isn't a walk in the park.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:52 pm

No but most indie titles are not that heavy on your comp as skyrim ... or minecraft Razz . Compared to other indies it causes insane pressure on the processor, so heavy that even Skyrim doesn't cause more, that was my point (BTW did you notice that there are more bandits and cave men in skyrim than normal citizens ? The reason is the same pressure )

Oh and Skyrim is a much bigger game so its reasonable a big team will work on polishing it, it’s not that bug free, at all .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:57 pm

You're comparing a game made by a multi billion dollar company to one founded by a sole programmer. I like Skyrim, and Minecraft is a buggy P.O.S compared to it that needs mods to actually make it worth playing after the initial novelty wears off, but the argument you're making here is flawed.

Irregardless, Minecraft is still full of bugs to this day. I honestly don't think this new title will fair well at all once the Minecraft cultists figure out it doesn't have anything they'd want in it.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Tiel wrote:
You're comparing a game made by a multi billion dollar company to one founded by a sole programmer. I like Skyrim, and Minecraft is a buggy P.O.S compared to it that needs mods to actually make it worth playing after the initial novelty wears off, but the argument you're making here is flawed.

Irregardless, Minecraft is still full of bugs to this day. I honestly don't think this new title will fair well at all once the Minecraft cultists figure out it doesn't have anything they'd want in it.
LOL irregardless lols.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Irregardless, Minecraft is still full of bugs to this day.

Irregardless

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Regardless of why there can't be a connection drawn been between Minecraft and Skyrim.

I'm not seeing any problems with that sentence.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:12 am

Tiel wrote:
Regardless of why there can't be a connection drawn been between Minecraft and Skyrim.

I'm not seeing any problems with that sentence.
You said Irregardless, that´s like the opposite of regardless.
Also, copernicus will hopefully inspire Mojang to really do something about the graphics engine.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 pm

They should try to fix the bugs in Minecraft first, instead of adding new content that adds even more new bugs.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
They should try to fix the bugs in Minecraft first, instead of adding new content that adds even more new bugs.
Yeah, but with only bugfixes, noone will care to update MC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?    Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mojang is making space themed game?!?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: