Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

GemCollector's Application for Texturing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:29 am

Username: Gemcollector for this forum and Roger9888 for Minecraft
Timezone: Eastern (US & Canada)
Java Experience: Not much, but I am looking forward to learning while on the forum. I have some knowledge of other programming languages such as C# and Lua.
Minecraft Texturing Experience: Never actually published anything but I have made my own packs.

I am a fairly proficient dot artist and I would love to make some textures for this mod if you would have me. I own a program that has a good image editor in it. I can make both 16x16 and 32x32 textures.

Here is a sample of two of my textures; it is a block of steel plates and and the grass of an alien planet:

Thank you for reading this application; I hope you consider it.

Last edited by GemCollector on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revising)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Although I realize there really isn't that much of a need for texture artists at this point... I just thought I would post something else I have done so when people are being considered I might be considered in a better light. I realize that it's not exactly regular, but then again, I was making it for a fantasy game in which there is a disembodied heart in the pommel of a dagger. And yes, those are veins surrounding the hilt.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Red Fang (GemCollector) wrote:
Although I realize there really isn't that much of a need for texture artists at this point... I just thought I would post something else I have done so when people are being considered I might be considered in a better light. I realize that it's not exactly regular, but then again, I was making it for a fantasy game in which there is a disembodied heart in the pommel of a dagger. And yes, those are veins surrounding the hilt.

Reminds me a bit of Soul Caliber. Anyway, GemCollector, if you want to try making textures for a Shipyard Core, I would use it. 16 by 16, or 32 by 32. Right now it's just a smily star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Keon wrote:

Reminds me a bit of Soul Caliber. Anyway, GemCollector, if you want to try making textures for a Shipyard Core, I would use it. 16 by 16, or 32 by 32. Right now it's just a smily star.

So I would start right away, but what exactly are you imagining roughly? I mean sort of classic sci fi, like blinking lights, or something alien? Any description you could provide would be useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Keon wrote:

So I would start right away, but what exactly are you imagining roughly? I mean sort of classic sci fi, like blinking lights, or something alien? Any description you could provide would be useful.

Not sure. I think just a computery block with lights and buttons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:

Not sure. I think just a computery block with lights and buttons.

Good. That shouldn't be too hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Here you go:

I could make something better given the time, but since I am too lazy, just use this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GemCollector's Application for Texturing   

Back to top Go down

GemCollector's Application for Texturing
Page 1 of 1