Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Halo Universe

Go down 
+4
Joel
torrentialAberration
Tiel+
Thel Vadam
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:02 pm

With Halo 4 coming out, I've decided to make a Halo thread! I like Halo, as you can probably tell by my name. Here you can post anything you love or hate about Halo!
Back to top Go down
http://morphorum.forumotion.com/u9
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm

What I dislike about Halo is...nothing.

It's a perfect franchise, except for 2. 2 sucked, we all can attest to that.
Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

The first thing I have to ask is... who is getting Halo 4 and what do you think about the game? I dislike the new armor on the Master Chief, and Cortana's new appearance is too human like. The Forerunner weapons look really awesome, and the gameplay looks great. The new forge looks like it is a lot better and improved. Spartan Ops sounds like it is going to be fun and interesting. I can't wait for November 6!

p.s.- I know November 6 is Election Day, but Halo 4 is more important!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Tiel wrote:

I liked Halo 2, I liked how you played as Thel and the Chief. It had a good campaign if I remember correctly. I need to play all the games in order to refresh my memory of the series before Halo 4 comes out. But my favorite Halo would have to be Halo 3; it had a great campaign, good graphics, fun multiplayer, and very cool custom games.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Tiel wrote:
What I dislike about Halo is...nothing.

What's not to like about 2, Tiel?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:36 pm

I really don't like what they did with Cortana in H4. She's too human-looking. After Reach, I'm staying wary of new Halo games produced.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 pm

I love Halo no matter what. I like kind of like how Cortana looks in H4, but that could just be my (relatively) new found discaring for appearance of video games. I do however, absolutely dislike how Chief's armour in H4. Except the jet pack. The jet pack was cool. It makes me want a Mk6 Mjolnr suit even more.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Well, you see, everyone says, "I want haz Mjolnir amor!", but the reflexes from that thing would kill your bones apart. It, like man of todays advanced flight suits, need special training or augmentations.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 am

Halo 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. Reach sucked though. Too much like crappy CoD.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 am

CoD sells for a reason. Microsoft tried to cash in on that, but they didn't do too well, I agree. Still, there's quite a few people playing it.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:22 am

Tiel wrote:
CoD sells for a reason. Microsoft tried to cash in on that, but they didn't do too well, I agree. Still, there's quite a few people playing it.

The reason CoD sells is because A) people are stupid and B) it's still riding on the success of 4. It's a completely different audience from die-hard halo fans like myself.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 am

Avenger_7 wrote:

The reason CoD sells is because A) people are stupid

Or, you know, they like the gameplay. Neutral

Avenger_7 wrote:

B) it's still riding on the success of 4.
Debatable. The last truly good COD was 2 in my opinion. MW3 is eh. I did really enjoy Black Ops, can't wait for II. Treyarch has that creative spark.

Avenger_7 wrote:

It's a completely different audience from die-hard halo fans like myself.

I'm fond of Halo too, not too the point of calling myself a fanatic, no, but sometimes a change of pace in a game can lengthen its longevity. Tbh, I have not actually played Reach since M$ loves to fuck over the buyers of their own OS by having it exclusive to the METAL BAWXES, but from what I can tell the loadout system was fairly well received by the community.

Again, operating on presumptions here, the only flaw I can find with Reach is that the storyline sucked. These 'Spartans' died faster than Redshirts in a slow Star Trek season, and it completely butt****ed the continuity.

Can't say much about Halo 4. If they make it for PC, great, I'll buy it. It seems they're incorporating a lot of stuff from Reach, however.

Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 am

Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Avenger_7 wrote:

Debatable. The last truly good COD was 2 in my opinion. MW3 is eh. I did really enjoy Black Ops, can't wait for II. Treyarch has that creative spark.

Avenger_7 wrote:

I'm fond of Halo too, not too the point of calling myself a fanatic, no, but sometimes a change of pace in a game can lengthen its longevity. Tbh, I have not actually played Reach since M$ loves to fuck over the buyers of their own OS by having it exclusive to the METAL BAWXES, but from what I can tell the loadout system was fairly well received by the community.

Again, operating on presumptions here, the only flaw I can find with Reach is that the storyline sucked. These 'Spartans' died faster than Redshirts in a slow Star Trek season, and it completely butt****ed the continuity.

Can't say much about Halo 4. If they make it for PC, great, I'll buy it. It seems they're incorporating a lot of stuff from Reach, however.

If you like CoD gameplay, you're what's killing video games (you never outright stated that, just gotta acknowledge it so you don't throw a shitfit). It isn't intuitive, or even slightly balanced. The game itself has not changed in years, and to be perfectly honest it wasn't that good to begin with. Maybe it could be if IW (or whatever it's called now) and Treyarch would put effort into production, but they obviously do not.

Halo: Reach was not anything like the previous Halo games. It was too easy, armor modules can go die in a hole, and it just didn't feel like Halo. Halo 2&3 were both fun games with a simple concept; it's a skill based point-and-click shooter with few balance issues to due the non-loadout based weaponry and an epic feel. It is NOT a chaotic orgy of 9-12 year olds who think auto aim is pro.

Also, Halo is traditionally a console-based franchise. Expect it to come out for Xbox a while before PC.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Avenger_7 wrote:

Avenger_7 wrote:

If you like CoD gameplay, you're what's killing video games (you never outright stated that, just gotta acknowledge it so you don't throw a shitfit). It isn't intuitive, or even slightly balanced. The game itself has not changed in years, and to be perfectly honest it wasn't that good to begin with. Maybe it could be if IW (or whatever it's called now) and Treyarch would put effort into production, but they obviously do not.

Halo: Reach was not anything like the previous Halo games. It was too easy, armor modules can go die in a hole, and it just didn't feel like Halo. Halo 2&3 were both fun games with a simple concept; it's a skill based point-and-click shooter with few balance issues to due the non-loadout based weaponry and an epic feel. It is NOT a chaotic orgy of 9-12 year olds who think auto aim is pro.

Also, Halo is traditionally a console-based franchise. Expect it to come out for Xbox a while before PC.

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Avenger_7 wrote:

Avenger_7 wrote:

Woah, calm down there fella.

I don't know about 'killing video games', seeing as it's the highest grossing game of this generation. Some don't care for the gameplay, I can respect that. MW3 was crap, I'll give you that. But frankly, I have high hopes for the Black Ops franchise, what Treyarch did in the first game was simply amazing (aside from the framerate issues) because they radically altered how the title played out. The SP was good, the MP was great.

Now, as far as Halo goes, I've been playing since 1 and can say that is by far the best Halo title out there. Halo 2 Vista was an utter flop, and because of that M$ went and condemned any PC ports because they couldn't spend an extra dime to get someone to do it right. Traditionally, actually, it started on Mac, but then Microsoft caught wind of it and bought Bungie to dev it for PC. Then MS had the brilliant idea to go and put it on the crapbox since no one wanted it, which was really a good business decision as otherwise the Xbox would have never taken off.

Rant aside, COD and Halo are just a form of recreation. The fact remains that at the end of the day it's just a stupid game.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Tiel wrote:
Rant aside, COD and Halo are just a form of recreation. The fact remains that at the end of the day it's just a stupid game.
Said the person who's posted three thousand four hundred times on a modding forum. tongue
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Said the person who's posted three thousand four hundred times on a modding forum. tongue

Says the person who only has 1k less and knows I'm trying to slow down Neutral
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Black Ops was absolute crap. It looked awful, and the only fun I had while playing it was zombies and wager mode. Not to mention, they had a crap-tastic random bullet scatter on sniper rifles that made long range sniping battles a matter of luck. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the 3/4 second action lagg between what was happening on your screen and what happened in the game. On a 50ms ping.

I ended up selling the game after two weeks.

By the way, the multiplayer components of CoD haven't changed at all since Modern Warfare. By continually supporting them, you're supporting the half-assed re-release of the same pile of garbage over and over again every year. They haven't even updated their engine since 2007, and they keep getting praised for god awful graphics. The fact that this sells out every time it's launched is absolutely killing quality in the industry, since success inspires imitation. It also means that 90% of what's different from that particular style of gameplay gets thrown under the bus, so games like, say, Vanquish, are really under appreciated for how much fun they are.

In other words, CoD is killing the industry and so is everyone who thinks any of their recent games have any quality to them at all.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Of course, different people are going to have opposing views on a scenario, but it'd appear neither of us is going to dissuade the other and you seem all too eager to jump to insults.

In any case, this thread is about Halo, not COD. You brought it up, now I'd kindly ask you to drop it for the sake of not derailing this thread albino

Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:16 pm

From the videos I have watched about Halo 4, the game incorporates a few things from CoD. One video said that sprint is not a ability, but more like it is in CoD and Battlefield. I also that in multiplayer, they have added in killstreaks(sorta like killstreaks from CoD...). When you get a certain number of kills then you can call in a weapon drop. It gives you the choice of three weapons, the kind of weapon depends on your killstreak (I think). Its been a while so I could be wrong, I need to catch up on the Halo 4 videos.

As for CoD, I think CoD4 through Black Ops were awesome. The single player of of those were real good, MW3's single player was alright. Like Avenger said, I think Black Ops II is going to be pretty good. I mainly can't wait for the new zombies though.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:28 pm

So,... halo, right?
I only know it from the wiki and videos, but as far as I have found out, Spartan II=Iron Man+ Captain America (power-wise)
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
So,... halo, right?
I only know it from the wiki and videos, but as far as I have found out, Spartan II=Iron Man+ Captain America (power-wise)

Basically. They underwent biological augmentations to their muscular, skeletal, and neurological structures, making them very strong, improved their reaction time, and made their bones as hard to break as titanium. Project MJOLNIR heightened their abilities even farther, making them the very definition of supersoldiers.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 pm

And according to Thel these modifications somehow made them obsessed with peering down dog anuses.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Did anyone read Glasslands? It was very disappointing. I think I have a rant around here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Universe   Halo Universe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo Universe
Page 1 of 1