Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Astroids? how are they mined?

Go down 
+3
Ivan2006
Tiel+
lukas_schjodt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

Astroids? how are they mined? Empty
PostSubject: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 am

every space game have them. in some games they have more use than others. but what will the purpose of astroids be in this "mod" (i would rather call it a game since it changes ALOT of minecraft)

well mostly astroids are for mining. some places the carve it out use it as a home. sometimes both.

if we are going to mine astroids, how would we do it? mine it with a mining laser that transport the ore directly to the ship (EVE style)?
mine it by building a mining facility directly on the astroid?
or just mine it the classic pickaxe style
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 am

Afaik all three.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 pm

lukas_schjodt wrote:
every space game have them. in some games they have more use than others. but what will the purpose of astroids be in this "mod" (i would rather call it a game since it changes ALOT of minecraft)

well mostly astroids are for mining. some places the carve it out use it as a home. sometimes both.

if we are going to mine astroids, how would we do it? mine it with a mining laser that transport the ore directly to the ship (EVE style)?
mine it by building a mining facility directly on the astroid?
or just mine it the classic pickaxe style

Basically? Every way you want!
Of course, in early tiers you will only have access to the pickaxy-style method (altough you might use some powered tools), if you have become more powerful (and the asteroid is big enough) you might consider building a mining facility or using mining vehicles. The EVE-style laser-method will most likely be some end-game scenario.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:25 pm

(does four days count as a necro?) Plus, when your done mining a asteroid, and there is just a outer shell left, hidden space station!
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
Plus, when your done mining a asteroid, and there is just a outer shell left, hidden space station!
BUT. The greatly lowered gravitational pull of the thing would hint at its nature (not to mention airlocks, antennae, escaped radiation, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 am

Simple. Gravity Generator. Plus Chameleon Stealth Field Generators...

Makes me want a spaceship hidden inside a rock.

*Massive rock in system*

Ore amounts are incredible! This is the highest rate of Niobium we've seen ever! Set up mining operations!

*Later* We hit something! -What the hell is that?- *Rock Rumbles*

Mining ship watches as the rock breaks apart, revealing a massive Dreadnaught

"Shit."
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:47 am

Professor Fenway wrote:
Simple. Gravity Generator. Plus Chameleon Stealth Field Generators...

Makes me want a spaceship hidden inside a rock.

*Massive rock in system*

Ore amounts are incredible! This is the highest rate of Niobium we've seen ever! Set up mining operations!

*Later* We hit something! -What the hell is that?- *Rock Rumbles*

Mining ship watches as the rock breaks apart, revealing a massive Dreadnaught

"Shit."

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Anyone else read Alastair Reynolds novels?
I keep getting reminded about stuff featured in them by statements like this, like the Mothernest of the Syntheticans (sorry, I don´t know the english names) is hidden inside an asteroid during the war with the Demarchists.
I can tell you, one of the best sci-fi genres I´ve ever read. Unfortunately, it didn´t get developed quite well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astroids? how are they mined?   Astroids? how are they mined? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astroids? how are they mined?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: