Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Hi -- I'm new here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fds1233
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi everybody
I just found this mod/forum community, and it looks like something I would be interested. I have been looking for a good mod and community to play with. I logged on to Avenger's server today and was told that to get permissions to build I would need to have around 75 posts on this forum. Are there servers out there that I could join now, and could get to know the mod so I would have something interesting or relevant to post about? Also any information about the mod in general would be appreciated. I learned about the general idea from reading forum posts, but am still a bit confused as to how ships are built and that sort of thing.
Thanks,
FDS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Try reading posts that already exist. We only have Avengers server, anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 pm

ACH has a great point. And besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only thing that is 100% certain in the mod is that there will be spaceships. Nice to me meet you maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Hiya.

As far as servers are concerned, we hop around a bit. Thus far we've had:

Tell's server
Ninjakingtaco's server
My server
Danice's server
Tell's server incarnate

And currently we're on Avenger's, who's reportedly paying out of his own pocket a whopping fifty bucks a month just so we can have the privilege of building at our discretion. It may stay steady, or Avenger may run out of funds or patience.

And as for development and ideas...it's a bit of a mess right now. There's no real clear outline of ideas as Mackeroth's original post is apparently outdated, and there are suggestions flying like a hail of bullets in a firefight in both this forum and the MCforum.net thread...

Honestly, just give what ideas you can and see Mackeroth/fr0stbyte's feedback. That will give you an idea of what's yay and what's nay.

And welcome to the forums Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:11 pm

memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
Hiya.

As far as servers are concerned, we hop around a bit. Thus far we've had:

Tell's server
Ninjakingtaco's server
My server
Danice's server
Tell's server incarnate

And currently we're on Avenger's, who's reportedly paying out of his own pocket a whopping fifty bucks a month just so we can have the privilege of building at our discretion. It may stay steady, or Avenger may run out of funds or patience.

And as for development and ideas...it's a bit of a mess right now. There's no real clear outline of ideas as Mackeroth's original post is apparently outdated, and there are suggestions flying like a hail of bullets in a firefight in both this forum and the MCforum.net thread...

Honestly, just give what ideas you can and see Mackeroth/fr0stbyte's feedback. That will give you an idea of what's yay and what's nay.

And welcome to the forums Very Happy

Ehhh, it's more like $30 a month. Still a pain in the bank account.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:58 pm

There is no mod yet. The servers do not have Futurecraft installed. There is no Futurecraft to install.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Respect everyone. Including me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
Respect everyone except me.

Or, at the very least take everything he says with a grain of salt. He's a joker, you see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Im no joker! Lies! Lies! LIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Exhibit A

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:30 am

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.

We have a high portion of times-wasting-youths on here, so don't be surprised if a thread about donuts turns into one about teddy bears within 5 posts.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:03 am

Welcome!
You might consider getting into the RP after you followed it for a while.
We have:
 


Last edited by Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 955
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Neo Seoul

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 am

Welcome to the forum!
I hope you'll enjoy being a member here, and feel free to visit the RP after starting/joining a faction. (I can suggest the Technotronic Dictatorship Ignore that. Just advertizing)
If you see a really good/fun comment, make sure to quote it in your signature. It's a thing here.
And you might see that most of us changes names now and then, and threads gets derailed pretty quick, so it might be confusing at times. But you'll get used to it. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 am

Welcome to...
Randomness!
Also lots of RP stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 am

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Welcome!
You might consider getting into the RP after you followed it for a while.
We have:
 

You forgot the owls. You will pay for this insult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:04 am

Stay away from the Role Playing section ! Hey Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 18
Location : At my computer, pwning s*** up with my warfrigate

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 am

You could start by making some ships, and a topic in the Ship Design area to show them off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Welcome!
You might consider getting into the RP after you followed it for a while.
We have:
 

You forgot the owls. You will pay for this insult.

Owls?They got killed more then a 10,000 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 18
Location : At my computer, pwning s*** up with my warfrigate

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:14 pm

And they are about to get owned again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Jack Root wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Welcome!
You might consider getting into the RP after you followed it for a while.
We have:
 

You forgot the owls. You will pay for this insult.

Owls?They got killed more then a 10,000 years ago.

I fixed by adding owls.
Also, only Earth owls got killed by the Xorda.
Interdimensional owls are something different.
And don´t forget the Director.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fds1233
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Welcome to the forum!
I hope you'll enjoy being a member here, and feel free to visit the RP after starting/joining a faction. (I can suggest the Technotronic Dictatorship Ignore that. Just advertizing)
If you see a really good/fun comment, make sure to quote it in your signature. It's a thing here.
And you might see that most of us changes names now and then, and threads gets derailed pretty quick, so it might be confusing at times. But you'll get used to it. Hopefully.
Thanks to all the people who posted info type stuff. I do enjoy RP, Ill try to read through what is going on and get a hang of things. And who knows, maybe I'll follow up on that ad when I understand what is going on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 18
Location : At my computer, pwning s*** up with my warfrigate

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 pm

For the RP, just read the last 15 pages or so of the Diplomatic Thread, the rest most likely has already past. Heck, you could probably only read the last 10 pages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 955
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Neo Seoul

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 am

And read the faction threads as well. It might be usefull to know how all the factions are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 am

Just stay out of the Roleplay Forum. It's too complex and not even fun; Everybody goes "DERPY DERPY DWARF, I HAZ A EMPIRE AND I GOTZ 1041343251 SHIPS!"

Also, I find it hilarious that the guy only posted once in the thread and we keep addressing posts to him.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 pm

fds1233 wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:
Welcome to the forum!
I hope you'll enjoy being a member here, and feel free to visit the RP after starting/joining a faction. (I can suggest the Technotronic Dictatorship Ignore that. Just advertizing)
If you see a really good/fun comment, make sure to quote it in your signature. It's a thing here.
And you might see that most of us changes names now and then, and threads gets derailed pretty quick, so it might be confusing at times. But you'll get used to it. Hopefully.
Thanks to all the people who posted info type stuff. I do enjoy RP, Ill try to read through what is going on and get a hang of things. And who knows, maybe I'll follow up on that ad when I understand what is going on

You know, if you would PM me I could sum up what´s currently going on in the RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hi -- I'm new here   

Back to top Go down
 
Hi -- I'm new here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: