Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Absolute Bull.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 pm

I apologize for the profanity in the title, but once you see this post you'll probably feel the same way. I know politics/religions are generally a bad egg around here, but..

Yesterday, on the anniversary of 9/11, the US Embassy in Egypt was attacked...

Tearing down the American flag and replacing it with one similar to Al-Queda's.

Translated, this means "Remember your black september 11th"

Some asshat anon..

Then there was an assault on the US Consulate in Libya..

Libyan police stepped aside as a mob poured in, killing all the residents (US Citizens, civilians) and the ambassador, dragging his body through the streets.

BEFORE:

And guess what Obama's response was?
Well, let's summarize his reaction in a picture.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I'm no US Supremist ("We has strongest army herp derp, MARINEZZZ, US IS BEST NATION")...but this is just unacceptable.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Standard business for the middle east, the Arabs are rather aggressive kind. Their life sucks and they need to get their anger on something, a good Arab politician will manage to redirect the anger towards the west, which Assad in Syria failed to do BTW. Once the rebels are done there and won't need western support anymore you will see the same there. Egypt could be in a better place under it's old dictatorship, currently they just become another Islamist country. Basically what you see there is already standard in Iran , another reason to hurry and prevent them from becoming a meaningful player. The problem is that most of the electors in Europe and America don't see it, especially in England, Ireland etc. means their politicians will take same position to win thier votes .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Really, what you see here is america being bit in the butt for trying to be kind and helpful to these bastards without taking into consideration the risks, I agree.

We should just cordon off that area of the world...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:13 pm

We should probably invade Iran.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:18 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
We should probably invade Iran.

It's not like you have a choice , your underground falloutish vaults will not be made on time Razz .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 pm

This sucks, but what would you have the US do about it? The only thing that will actually stop the problem is nuking the entire Middle East until both sides are dead. That's not a viable option. The Americans could invade, but they tried that in Iraq and Afghanistan and look how well that worked out. An invasion, or any sort of real American military presence, would do absolutely nothing except start a decades-long insurgency and terrorist war. They could try to negotiate a peace, but you can't really have high hopes for that, either. They've proven pretty definitively that negotiation isn't going to work within a hundred years or so. Their best option would be to pull out completely and let the Muslims/Jews/Christians/whoever else do whatever they wanted to each other, but America needs oil. So you're pretty much screwed, unless you can get Alaska running as a viable alternative to Saudi Arabia.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm

I say we invade everyone. Turn the whole world into additional states of these, United States of THE F'N WORLD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 pm

eazymc wrote:
I say we invade everyone. Turn the whole world into additional states of these, United States of THE F'N WORLD!

Not sure if sarcasm, but I agree. This is unacceptable. I will say no more on the subject.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Don't know about the US INVAEDER EVErYTHING plan, but I'm still under the belief crap like this will keep happening until we're all under one banner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:55 pm

The idea when you invade something is not to pointlessly hang out there. You take out the current ruler with his roots and throw away into the garbage, instead of him you put someone to be your pocket ruler and tell him that he can do whatever he wants but if he starts doing nasty stuff he'll get thrown out like his predecessor.

Another possibility is to separate the forces and let them fight each other like happened by mistake in Iraq. It's not perfect but you won't care as long as the problem kills itself literally.

Another option is to make the current ruler to piss his pants by conducting a massive and fast strike over his country threatening his own security. HE will then hide in a deep bunk for a few years avoiding bold moves , enough to keep relative peace.

Finally you don't care as long as they cannot effect your citizens. That means you don't put ambassadors in every single third world country and you take out those countries who try to be big players like Iran. Push it back to 3rd world country status and you won't care they burn American flags in the mornings.

The problem will not be fully solved until the Arabs develop brain. It may take a while as even if they look modern their ways of thinking are pretty much what Europe was in the middle ages. If you give them a few hundred years they might eventually get they are being fooled for more than 500 years already and that they need REAL democracy. If you try to give them democracy now you will find out it collapses into Dictatorship again because Arabs need a strong leader to rules over them for now.

Last edited by Iv121 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Iv121 wrote:
The idea when you invade something is not to pointlessly hang out there. You take out the current ruler with his roots and throw away into the garbage, instead of him you put someone to be your pocket ruler and tell him that he can do whatever he wants but if he starts doing nasty stuff he'll get thrown out like his predecessor.

Another possibility is to separate the forces and let them fight each other like happened by mistake in Iraq. It's not perfect but you won't care as long as the problem kills itself literally.

Another option is to make the current ruler to piss his pants by conducting a massive and fast strike over his country threatening his own security. HE will then hide in a deep bunk for a few years avoiding bold moves , enough to keep relative peace.

Finally you don't care as long as they cannot effect your citizens. That means you don't put ambassadors in every single third world country and you take out those countries who try to be big players like Iran. Push it back to 3rd world country status and you won't care they burn American flags in the mornings.

Spoken like a true Israeli, but I agree lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm in favor of the Arabic Glass Parking Lot plan.

I have another idea - we keep our ambassadors and whatnot where they're supposed to be, but when any lowlife son of a bitch attacks our embassies we gut the fucking country to the bone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:35 pm

We need Peter Wiggin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
We need Peter Wiggin.

You called?

anyways.

Dear Peter Wiggin: This letter is to inform you that you have received enough upvotes on your reddit comments to become president of the world. Please be at the UN tomorrow at 8:00 sharp.

Yep, xkcd has you covered for anything.

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Why is this the first I've heard of this?!?! And what the hell is our response going to be?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Nothing.

That or a nuclear war with China.

Or another war. ANOTHER.

We just supported these guys in overthrowing their ruler. What now? You think we will find some other group in Egypt who wants to rule?

Eh, I think we are expecting america, not Egypt. We thought they would create a new place, based on the rights of the common man. I've been to Egypt, before the rebellion. It was a scam. The police were a scam, the vendors were a scam, even the pyramids were.

Get on a camel; free: Get off without a hole in your brain, as much as you have in your pocket. Native asks if you want a picture taken, steals your camera.

You aren't going to just magically get a perfect democracy from tyranny.

But yeah, too bad. We need space travel and Lotr to make me have hope in humanity again.

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Why is this the first I've heard of this?!?! And what the hell is our response going to be?!
People still too in shock that "Snookie" was allowed to have a kid/ could have one. That, and.... well. people tend to die a lot in the Arab nations(Africa in general) epically Americans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:40 pm

they are obviously wanting america to attack them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 am

They just want us gone. Flat out, completely gone. I bet they don't even want us to aknowledge their existance!

Either that, or the idiots want to cover the world with Islam. No offense, but people like these are the reason muslims hava a bad reputation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:49 am

Keon wrote:
Nothing.

Or another war. ANOTHER.

We just supported these guys in overthrowing their ruler. What now? You think we will find some other group in Egypt who wants to rule?

Eh, I think we are expecting america, not Egypt. We thought they would create a new place, based on the rights of the common man. I've been to Egypt, before the rebellion. It was a scam. The police were a scam, the vendors were a scam, even the pyramids were.

Get on a camel; free: Get off without a hole in your brain, as much as you have in your pocket. Native asks if you want a picture taken, steals your camera.

But yeah, too bad. We need space travel and Lotr to make me have hope in humanity again.

You think space travel will fix things? Oh sure, the populations of Earth might stop fighting each other, but only to begin fighting the populations of other planets.

That or they'll stop fighting themselves on Earth and begin fighting themselves in space. You might not be aware but we're about to run out of resources on Earth, everything from wood to food and water to air itself. Space travel means reaching other planets to supply the demand here on Earth and I'm guessing the different nations will think about themselves first before the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:59 am

Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Nothing.

Or another war. ANOTHER.

You think space travel will fix things? Oh sure, the populations of Earth might stop fighting each other, but only to begin fighting the populations of other planets.

That or they'll stop fighting themselves on Earth and begin fighting themselves in space. You might not be aware but we're about to run out of resources on Earth, everything from wood to food and water to air itself. Space travel means reaching other planets to supply the demand here on Earth and I'm guessing the different nations will think about themselves first before the rest of the world.

We almost need an Ender's Game scenario, where a genius takes over earth at the age of 17.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 am

Uhh, sure. Anybody want to volunteer?

Anyhow, I would be in pre-tactical or whatever by now, so I'm busy.

Mackeroth? wrote:

Last edited by Keon on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 am

Keon wrote:
Nothing.

Or another war. ANOTHER.

Why the hell have you been in Egypt when you could go like 40 km north to a much better (and expansive ) place called Israel ? F*** logic ! Razz

Even with space travel best thing you can do is to lock them up on Earth ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 am

I'm going to have to say be careful with words here. We don't want to be making stereotypes, as not all Muslims are bad.

You have to admit though, they did do a better job of taking over the world than the Christians did. We would also still be in the Dark ages if not for them.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:56 am

Keon wrote:
I'm going to have to say be careful with words here. We don't want to be making stereotypes, as not all Muslims are bad.

You have to admit though, they did do a better job of taking over the world than the Christians did. We would also still be in the Dark ages if not for them.

Not exactly. As a trading and nomad culture , the Arabs took different things they found good from other cultures, such as the Indian or the Babylonian math system. It is them who invented the 0 and the basis for what later the Arabs will turn into Al'jiber, or algebra as you know it today. You do owe them for bringing it from the east. Another thing is that Europe advanced from the dark ages, they didn't. The same way Europeans passed through the renaissance the Arabs will have to pass their own reborn. As long as religion is the main factor in their lives they will remain the same half-minded minions for their leaders as they are.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Bull.   

Back to top Go down

Absolute Bull.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next