Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Empire vs. Empire

Go down 
+14
Captain stufuzzycat
The Schmetterling
Avenger_7
Hierarch Fenway
fr0stbyte124
Keon
Tiel+
Caramell
eazymc
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
Pat Best
Fabricator-General Norse
Laserbilly
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Tiel wrote:
Professor Fenway wrote:
Tiel, this is your second warning concerning harrasing others about grammer, spelling and such. The next violation is a ban. I am entirely serious on this matter.

Make it permanent, please.

Also, don't change my profile pic/name. I'd like this account to be remembered as the first (and maybe only) to reach 3k posts.

You won't ban Tiel. He has my support. It's not that bad yet; he isn't saying people are gay or threatening to kill them, and quite honestly, I find it funny that we have this many errors. You also need a ban conference. Thanks.

How many did this have, Tiel?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 pm

You will ban Tiel..

Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Obewan
[wow]Appreciate the sentiment Keon, but I've found it's hard to ease off this forum. Ban seems like the only logical option till I get my priorities straight.[/wow]
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:33 pm

I will, not ban Tiel.

Yet.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
Tiel, this is your second warning on harrasing others about grammer and spelling and such. The next violation is a ban. I am completely serious on this matter.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Look, Tiel. We're treating this roughly the same way we would try to talk someone out of committing suicide by jumping off a window ledge. You keep inching farther out, so the next step is to taze you, drag you back inside, and keep you locked up so you can't hurt yourself. Don't make me taze you, bro.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:39 am

BACK ON TOPIC!

Imperium of Man all the way. They have more ships, bigger ships, and stronger shields. The saving graces for the Empire are torpedoes (Imperial ships hate them) and Super Star Destroyers. Other than that, they're taking on an armada of frigate equivalents. And good luck piercing the bow armor on an Imperial ship - it's almost always over 100m thick.

I'm also of the belief that a lance is far more powerful than a turbolaser, since they're stated as being able to reduce a hive city to a kilometer deep crater with a single shot at full power. I'd also like to see a fleet of Star Destroyers take a shot from a Nova Cannon.

That said, the Imperium is far from the top of the 40k food chain as far as space combat goes. The Eldar and, in particular, the Necrons take that prize with ease. A single Cairn-class tomb ship could probably take out most of the Galactic Empire - which is why we don't talk about them.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:47 am

I think that the Imperium would win. It's hard to tell, the Empire always has some overpowered trick up their collective sleeves...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 am

Cairn class tombships are probably the most OP ship in existence, except for something like the Planet Killer, or maybe the Worldengine.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:46 pm

What about the....

Sun Crusher?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:09 pm

*sudden intake of breath* he speaks the forbidden word!

Seriously though, I would be putting my money on a Cairn, but then again I love Necron ships, so I'm a bit biased.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
*sudden intake of breath* he speaks the forbidden word!

Seriously though, I would be putting my money on a Cairn, but then again I love Necron ships, so I'm a bit biased.

Some more empires we need to factor in:

Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Morgoth_2

Melkor is destined to break the door of night and with the help of Sauron and another unknown Valar, destroy the universe completely.

Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Count_Bleck

Count Bleck: You may have beaten him one time, but the Chaos Heart lives on.

So yeah.

Beat that, Star Wars. You just got pwned by Melkor.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:34 pm

The Sun Crusher isn't designed to attack anything but stars. It would be fairly helpless against a large ship.

The Galaxy Gun, on the other hand, would have a picnic with your tombships.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
BACK ON TOPIC!

Imperium of Man all the way. They have more ships, bigger ships, and stronger shields. The saving graces for the Empire are torpedoes (Imperial ships hate them) and Super Star Destroyers. Other than that, they're taking on an armada of frigate equivalents. And good luck piercing the bow armor on an Imperial ship - it's almost always over 100m thick.

I'm also of the belief that a lance is far more powerful than a turbolaser, since they're stated as being able to reduce a hive city to a kilometer deep crater with a single shot at full power. I'd also like to see a fleet of Star Destroyers take a shot from a Nova Cannon.

That said, the Imperium is far from the top of the 40k food chain as far as space combat goes. The Eldar and, in particular, the Necrons take that prize with ease. A single Cairn-class tomb ship could probably take out most of the Galactic Empire - which is why we don't talk about them.

ugh the Necrons. A bunch of fucking zombie terminators.( i no there story i just hate them.They give me the cripes)

But really tho the Imperium of man dosent care about casualties at all they will just send guys at u till u run of ammo then they swarm u to death with there flash lights.Not only that Warhammer has crazy op ships and weapons the "empire" might win at first but long term wise they would be wiped out.Just to show u how little they care about loss of life heres a link to a single battle http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Vraks
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:24 am

Keon wrote:

Some more empires we need to factor in:

Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Morgoth_2

Melkor is destined to break the door of night and with the help of Sauron and another unknown Valar, destroy the universe completely.
Imagine what a balrog or dragon could do to one of those ships... Or even the corrupting power of Sauron's ring, I bet even the Emperor of the Imperium of Man could fall to it.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:45 am

Empire, Imperium,...
Throw in the EE!

Warning: First vid has bad quality.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 am

EE is dumb. Egman is fat. His empire is fake. He couldn't even control one of the Elven rings, I bet.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 am

Eggman couldn't kill even one hedgehog...
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 am

You know what?
EE is dumb, I agree with that. A nation is always as "clever" as its leader(s) and Dr. Eggman may be a genious mechanic, but he definetly isn´t that good at leading a nation.
Eggman is overweight, that is common sense.
His Empire may be considered "fake" since in the games he doesn´t even have any official property and instead has to rob/steal the parts for his creations which he assembles in secrat bases. Even in Archie Comics he doesn´t even own half a planet.
Eggman couldn´t kill Sonic in canon sources, that´s true. I must admit that Ee also is a terrible strategist.
And the vid actually is two empires throwing super weapons at each other...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Well that a ... drastic change of mind but hey it's for the good Smile .
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Grammar Nazi wrote:
The Sun Crusher isn't designed to attack anything but stars. It would be fairly helpless against a large ship.

The Sun Crusher could destroy a large ship by simply going to ramming speed... its armor is denser than Neutronium and yet somehow the ship flies faster than an XJ-7 X-Wing.

However, my stance on the matter of who wins is obvious from my avatar.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Shiva wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:

The Sun Crusher could destroy a large ship by simply going to ramming speed... its armor is denser than Neutronium and yet somehow the ship flies faster than an XJ-7 X-Wing.

However, my stance on the matter of who wins is obvious from my avatar.

A fighter-sized craft made of the densest material in existence? I suppose its engines are powered by the amazing power of friendship? It must be extremely hard to maneuver and take ages to accelerate to optimal speed.

"simply going to ramming speed" might not be so simple.

Quote :
In any case, the Advent empire thanks you for delivering this super weapon to them. It will serve the Advent cause greatly.

Last edited by Pat Best on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well that a ... drastic change of mind but hey it's for the good Smile .

That wasn´t a change of mind.
That was always my opinion.
The only thing that makes the EE as bad as it is is the fact that Eggman is a terrible strategist.
That´s why I´m in charge of military operations in the RP version.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Ok, for the uninitiated, Necron ships are pretty much made out of the stuff that the Sun Crusher is. Their main weapon, the Lightning Arc, also has the ability to destroy a Sun Crusher by ramming a thunderbolt up its gun barrel (I KNOW I KNOW SHUT UP!).

But yeah. If you look at Norse's SD thread, specifically the top image in the OP, you might notice the tiny little ship in the foreground getting largely ignored by the battleship next to it. That "little" ship is the size of an ImpStarDeuce.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:41 pm

The Sun Crusher is not designed to hurt ships. There is no 'ramming speed'. Han Solo did ram a Star Destroyer in it, but that's because he's Han, not because that's what the ship's designed to do. It's not all that much better for the Sun Crusher itself than it is for the rammed ship.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Ok, for the uninitiated, Necron ships are pretty much made out of the stuff that the Sun Crusher is. Their main weapon, the Lightning Arc, also has the ability to destroy a Sun Crusher by ramming a thunderbolt up its gun barrel (I KNOW I KNOW SHUT UP!).

But yeah. If you look at Norse's SD thread, specifically the top image in the OP, you might notice the tiny little ship in the foreground getting largely ignored by the battleship next to it. That "little" ship is the size of an ImpStarDeuce.

Speaking of those beauties.Me and Norse made a game mode out of some of his smaller ships. I was hoping if i can get him to agree to let me ask some of u guys if u want to play it with us. Its a space battle game mode. With working cannons we played it with just us yester day and it ended pretty bad me for me he cut off my wireing to my guns which fucked me over.And then pretty much sawed my ship in half with his cannons. If u want to play let me no and i see if i can get him to get it going.

sorry i no i should probably post this in a different thread i just wanted to see if any had interest in it before i go and post a full area about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire vs. Empire   Empire vs. Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire vs. Empire
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next