Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Shiva's name is from Halo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I'm not sure but I think they are all diff instances of Buddha or stuff ... man why couldn't they just make one god -.- .
Great holy burning failure. This is ridiculous. Does anyone here - anyone at all - know anything about any religion besides the one they happen to follow?

Yeah...
the basics of the world religions.
was the main teaching material in my last religous education class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I'm not sure but I think they are all diff instances of Buddha or stuff ... man why couldn't they just make one god -.- .
Great holy burning failure. This is ridiculous. Does anyone here - anyone at all - know anything about any religion besides the one they happen to follow?

Man I don't care about all of those I have my own religion that BTW most other ppl don't know s*** about, it's great that's how it works ... I didn't bash it or say anything bad about it so please leave my post alone ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:28 pm

MISLEADING BIRD wrote:

I don´t care if you make fun of Jesus. It´s your thing what you believe in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Man I don't care about all of those I have my own religion that BTW most other ppl don't know s*** about, it's great that's how it works ... I didn't bash it or say anything bad about it so please leave my post alone ...
Oh, you didn't say anything bad about any religion. It's just that what you said was hilariously wrong. I was already seeing some of that in this thread, so it's not just you.

Now everyone, do keep the religion stuff down. Criticizing other people's religions is wrong. Criticizing their knowledge of religion, on the other hand, has the potential to be amusing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Oh, you didn't say anything bad about any religion. It's just that what you said was hilariously wrong. I was already seeing some of that in this thread, so it's not just you.

Now everyone, do keep the religion stuff down. Criticizing other people's religions is wrong. Criticizing their knowledge of religion, on the other hand, has the potential to be amusing.
A right word by a mod!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
As an atheist, I feel slightly offended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
You don´t have to.
You follow a religion.
It´s just one that says "everything is scientifically explainable".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:59 pm

OH and you don't have to be religious to have a religion. It's just a way to explain what we cannot explain yet, such as luck, death and afterlife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
In what way? I'm an atheist too, and I don't see how that's offensive. I know a reasonable amount about religion, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
In what way? I'm an atheist too, and I don't see how that's offensive. I know a reasonable amount about religion, though.
I just thought that having no religion would equal with not knowing anything about any of them. My mistake, sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I just thought that having no religion would equal with not knowing anything about any of them. My mistake, sorry.
No. It's perfectly fine not to have a religion, or to make up your own religion, or any variation on that. However, I do think it's important to know about other religions. That said, I think that teaching creationism in school is one of the stupidest things that happens in modern society, and that if you're going to learn about religion you should learn about all religions, or better yet about how religions in general are created, change, and stuff, rather than learning about one in particular.

But yeah, atheism is perfectly fine. Like I said, I'm one too. Religions in general don't make a ton of sense. Neutral

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
However, I do think it's important to know about other religions. That said, I think that teaching creationism in school is one of the stupidest things that happens in modern society, and that if you're going to learn about religion you should learn about all religions, or better yet about how religions in general are created, change, and stuff, rather than learning about one in particular.
In Norway, we learn about religions in school. All the religions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
However, I do think it's important to know about other religions. That said, I think that teaching creationism in school is one of the stupidest things that happens in modern society, and that if you're going to learn about religion you should learn about all religions, or better yet about how religions in general are created, change, and stuff, rather than learning about one in particular.
That's a good thing. I wish it were the same everywhere.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Jek Porkins wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:
Jek Porkins wrote:
That's a good thing. I wish it were the same everywhere.

In Canada we learn about Islam, Christianity and Judaeism(?) as well as other extinct ones. Where I am we learn a lot about their origins. I'm personally an Agnostic Deist, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm

reads up

Dear God in Heaven.

LOCKED.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:02 am

Man, looks like I picked a bad day to sleep through.

Fact:
Shiva is a male god of the Hindu religion and this is not up for debate.

Wikipedia is a better and more reliable textbook than any hundred dollar textbook I've ever owned.

People on the internet will discuss religion at the drop of a hat.

The one true god is an Aye-Aye, and termites are a sacred beast which should only killed for food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:30 am

I guess since I'm a Westerner the -a on the end of the shiv makes me think "girl". And I really have seen Shiva referenced as a woman.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiva's name is from Halo?   

Back to top Go down

Shiva's name is from Halo?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2