Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

possibly bad or good

Go down 
+10
Pat Best
Keon
eazymc
fr0stbyte124
Shiva
Captain stufuzzycat
Tiel+
hyperlite
Grand Imperial Thunder
Emperor_Revan
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

possibly bad or good Empty
PostSubject: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 pm

i just found this: http://galaxy55.com/home
im pretty sure its beta or somthin f0r 0x10c.
it also appears to be minecraft with major refits
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Hmmmm, seems to be very similar I am looking through it right now, gotta say I'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 pm

They took our job!

Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 pm

hyperlite wrote:
They took our job!
possibly bad or good 93a29064_Slow_Clap_Your_Pokemon_is_in_danger-s400x300-291489-535
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Well, shucks.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 pm

WE MUST BE BETTER!!!!!!! WE HAVE FROSTY! Frost fix this!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:04 pm

It seems like they have everything down, from planets to spaceships to a creative name for blocks pale

Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah, but we have bigger plans. We can still win.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:11 pm

A good plan now is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.

-Sun Tzu
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:12 pm

there still in hard beta, so we could actually either take all there creative names, or take there coding and there creative names and speed up our mod
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

I played for about a minute, and the controls are basically what you would get if you put BSGO controls in Minecraft, and you can see the curvature of the planet for some reason. It doesn't seem very good, and I pretty sure FC will be better in every way.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
I played for about a minute, and the controls are basically what you would get if you put BSGO controls in Minecraft, and you can see the curvature of the planet for some reason. It doesn't seem very good, and I pretty sure FC will be better in every way.

sometimes i think futurecraft hasnt made any progress. it would be nice if there was somewhere with a progress report or somthing
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I think there is one, I've just never looked.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:

sometimes i think futurecraft hasnt made any progress. it would be nice if there was somewhere with a progress report or somthing

There are only like 10 of those in the past month.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:

There are only like 10 of those in the past month.

where? lolz
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 pm

It only takes eyes, you know... we just posted an indev picture from Futurecraft.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 pm

It's not a real curvature, it's a vertex shader. If you saw it from space, the illusion would break. As far as I can tell, the map seems to be torus shaped (rectangular with both x and y wraparound). And not very big. Didn't play with it long, but it gave me a headache and the controls felt clumsy. If we can, I would prefer to keep the world looking flat when you are on the ground and only lean into the distortion once you start getting further away.
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 pm

They build a topographical mini-map with the ability to store multiple worlds as different dimensions. Impressive, but not quite what I'd call anything beyond vanilla minecraft with the ability to fake space travel between worlds. When they're able to blast each others ships and travel around a huge game universe filled with hundreds of other players, then I'll be impressed and lose all hope in humanity.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 pm

I also want to say: Their idea of starship travel seems lame. I mean, just a pixelated top down view. We can do better.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:51 pm

Alright so they got space travel and shit done pretty nicely.

Here's what they don't have:

Gigantic fucking space battles.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 am

Pat Best wrote:
Alright so they got space travel and shit done pretty nicely.

Here's what they don't have:

Gigantic fucking space battles.

it looks like it's 2D, Futurecraft will have 3D space travel and large ships with which we will have giant, epic space battles. More "realistic" and less simplistic.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 am

It appears to have copied a great deal of concepts from both Minecraft and Spore. We discovered another game like this previously, called "Blockade Runner". They don't pose a threat, they were just people with a good idea who had access to resources and the ability to follow through. And money, which is the reason we haven't gotten very far.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
It appears to have copied a great deal of concepts from both Minecraft and Spore. We discovered another game like this previously, called "Blockade Runner". They don't pose a threat, they were just people with a good idea who had access to resources and the ability to follow through. And money, which is the reason we haven't gotten very far.

Blockade runner is way better than this.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Who else thought that their trailer's music was horrible?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:27 am

Seeing world curvature in Minecraft is...bad. I'd say it gave me a headache, but that's from headbanging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possibly bad or good   possibly bad or good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possibly bad or good
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next