Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Eazymc's Development Log

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eazymc
DEV
DEV

Eazymc's Development Log Empty
PostSubject: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello all, I know nobody knows me so I'll intro myself, my name is Chris, I'm a Java and web programmer IRL. So now you know about me Very Happy

Anyway, I'll make this nice and simple. Don't post requests here. I will request moderators simply delete anything that is a request unless the request of course is coming from a senior development member (anyone with a blue or red name), then by all means request away.

Here's what I've gotten from my conversation in the applications thread as to what I'll be working on (or helping with):

-3D Component Context Crafting Framework
-Model importing
-XML/LUA model generation/creation
-shipyard system (kinda fuzzy on the details of that, will have to read Keon's log)
-power framework, computer controls (danice was working on this)
-Server-travel stuff (w/e it was ectrimble started on)

I'll be working on this in my spare time over the next few weeks so I'll keep this updated with my progress.

UPDATES:

2012-09-05: Inter-server travel started.
2012-09-18: Inter-server listener/talker finished, testing tomorrow.

DETAILS

2012-09-18 - I've worked through a few issues, but have finally gotten the listener and talker's to work with the Minecraft engine. I'll be running an initial proof-of-concept test tomorrow.

2012-09-05 - Working with Frost, I've got a good idea of how we're going to accomplish the inter-server travel. The initial Version 1 of this will be simple. Move a player from one position on a server to another. However, and this is not just moving the player, the trick is to remove the player from the system completely (as though they left) and rebuild the player and their inventory they're carrying at the new location. Once this has been accomplished, on to step two of the process. I'll create a new block (or some interactive object in the game) that will allow a player to establish a connection to another server. This will act as a sort of gateway. When the block is placed, it will sent a status request to the destination server, I.E: server 1 ----hello, are you there----> server 2 -------why yes I am---> server 1. Once this has been established and I can get two MC servers talking to each other, the next goal will be to make a new feature for the gateway block. This new feature will allow a player to go from server 1 to server 2 with their inventory. Using what I learn from the initial build, it should make it much easier to delete and recreate a player on an entirely new server. Once I can easily move one player around, I will expand it to move an entity, then from there, expand further and further until we get the desired transportation system. More to come on this.

Last edited by eazymc on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:28 pm

The lovely thing about blue and red-names is that we can post in locked topics. So, unless you'd like otherwise, eazy, here y'are - enjoy the (relative) solitude of (only) having the Dev-team able to talk in here.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Why was locking this necessary? If you only want moderators to post, just put the topic in 51. I think member contributions are useful in a dev log.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Good point.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Kili wrote:
Why was locking this necessary? If you only want moderators to post, just put the topic in 51. I think member contributions are useful in a dev log.

I respect that point of view Kili, but I will insist that any discussion in my development log stick to development (beyond the current discussion of course). I've seen how too much "chatter" in other dev logs makes the conversation go astray.

I won't be rude about it, but I will ask that any conversation that derails into the "I want a super blaster gizmo" to go into it's own thread (like in the ideas center) and not in a development log. However, any productive criticism or suggestions are more than welcome especially once I can sort through some of Mojong's code and figure out how I'm going to accomplish some of the tasks at hand.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 pm

What are you gonna dive into first?
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:49 pm

hyperlite wrote:
What are you gonna dive into first?

Not certain just yet. I'm looking into what is going to be important to the over-all functionality of the mod right now, so I suspect I'll work on the list items in this order;

1 Server-travel stuff
2 3D Component Context Crafting Framework
3 Model importing
4 XML/LUA model generation/creation

The other items have people working on them who are still here (I think) so I won't step on toes trying to prioritize those.

I'll be updating the main topic soon with some stuff about the Server travel piece once I have my ideas jotted down on paper.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:34 am

Stickied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eazymc's Development Log   Eazymc's Development Log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eazymc's Development Log
Page 1 of 1