Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

its all gone

Go down 
+3
Tiel+
Joel
Emperor_Revan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

its all gone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:
Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Dude, SD's are 1.3 KM long and have over 100 weapons. Plus, they carry a wing of fighters and something like 20,000 ground troops.

Yes, dreadnought.

do you really think i can fit 72 TIE fighters into it? i cant. i tried. the proportions required for a full-scale ISD are mind blowing, so the one im making is defiantly NOT a dreadnought. also, i doubt i will be able to fit over 10,000 all together in my ISD and have enough food. let alone space.

You also do realize that this RP is in no way associated to Minecraft in general or the Futurecraft-mod in specific?
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:
Dude, SD's are 1.3 KM long and have over 100 weapons. Plus, they carry a wing of fighters and something like 20,000 ground troops.

Yes, dreadnought.

do you really think i can fit 72 TIE fighters into it? i cant. i tried. the proportions required for a full-scale ISD are mind blowing, so the one im making is defiantly NOT a dreadnought. also, i doubt i will be able to fit over 10,000 all together in my ISD and have enough food. let alone space.

You also do realize that this RP is in no way associated to Minecraft in general or the Futurecraft-mod in specific?

yes

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

Please note I was talking about the SW canon Impstar Deuce.

so, you base what i am building off of something nearly impossible to fully build?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

yes

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

so, you base what i am building off of something nearly impossible to fully build?

He most likely does, as you definely copied its name and put it into your stuff.
Also, what I actually meant with my first comment that Star Destroyers are Dreadnaughts was that "Star Destroyer" actually is just another term for "Dreadnaught", no matter what kind of SD you are talking about.
Just take a look at the definitions of Star Wars ship size categories and then show me one of the more active members with a longer membership that won´t tell you that a SD is a Dreadnaught.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

yes

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

He most likely does, as you definely copied its name and put it into your stuff.
Also, what I actually meant with my first comment that Star Destroyers are Dreadnaughts was that "Star Destroyer" actually is just another term for "Dreadnaught", no matter what kind of SD you are talking about.
Just take a look at the definitions of Star Wars ship size categories and then show me one of the more active members with a longer membership that won´t tell you that a SD is a Dreadnaught.

it shows Star Destroyers are between battle cuisers and heavy cruisers. i do not see the connection to dreadnoughts
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

yes

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Yes, dreadnought.

it shows Star Destroyers are between battle cuisers and heavy cruisers. i do not see the connection to dreadnoughts
It is about examples.
The ships you are talking about would be around Frigates to Cruisers in Star Wars terms. So please, if you do use Star Wars ship size charts, don´t call it into a size class it doesn´t belong in.
Also, the smallest ship that ever saw definition as Star Destroyer was the Acclamator-class assault ship which had 752 meters in lenght, so the stuff you´re talking about propably isn´t a star destroyer at all.

As well, people on this community are building over 1km ships, just look at the current project of the Terran Trade Confederation.
as you see, you are in no position to tell me that a Star Destroyer is anything different from a Dreadnaught.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:03 pm

An Imperial-class Star Destroyer is not a dreadnaught. They're only 1,600 meters long. Super Star Destroyers like Executor-class (19,000 meters) are sometimes called Star Dreadnaughts in Star Wars. It should be noted that by my scaling system an Executor-class is only a battleship, a size smaller than a dreadnaught. An Imperial-class would be a cruiser. A small cruiser. However, my scaling system does not represent the 'normal' system used by the RP. And I do not control the Star Wars galaxy. That said, make up your own ships.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
An Imperial-class Star Destroyer is not a dreadnaught. They're only 1,600 meters long. Super Star Destroyers like Executor-class (19,000 meters) are sometimes called Star Dreadnaughts in Star Wars. It should be noted that by my scaling system an Executor-class is only a battleship, a size smaller than a dreadnaught. An Imperial-class would be a cruiser. A small cruiser. However, my scaling system does not represent the 'normal' system used by the RP. And I do not control the Star Wars galaxy. That said, make up your own ships.

Good gods, if a 19 km SSD is only a Battleship, is a Death Star a dreadnought?

Holy mother of potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Holy mother of potatoes.

there are ships much larger than the Executer-class in star wars.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Holy mother of potatoes.

No, there aren't, other than Death Stars and Yuuzhan Vong worldships. Executor-class, post-retcon, is the largest ship in the Imperial Navy, and the Imperial Navy has the largest ships in the galaxy. Worldships are Death Star scale, and they're only sorta ships, in the same way the Death Star is.

Yes, the Death Star would be a dreadnaught. Dreadnaughts are 50+ kilometers, and the first Death Star was 160. It's a large dreadnaught.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Holy mother of potatoes.

No, there aren't, other than Death Stars and Yuuzhan Vong worldships. Executor-class, post-retcon, is the largest ship in the Imperial Navy, and the Imperial Navy has the largest ships in the galaxy. Worldships are Death Star scale, and they're only sorta ships, in the same way the Death Star is.

Yes, the Death Star would be a dreadnaught. Dreadnaughts are 50+ kilometers, and the first Death Star was 160. It's a large dreadnaught.

And correct me if I'm wrong but is't a wing (3 squadrons) 36 fighters? I know SSDs carry 144 (4 wings?), and Impstars carry 2 wings (72 fighters).
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Holy mother of potatoes.

Viscount class Star Defender.

I'm just sayin.

Last edited by Tiel on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:58 am

Also, can we please not get your naming system entangled in all of this? It's fairly confusing whether the discussion is operating off of that or the Anaxes War College one.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Tiel wrote:
Emperor_Revan wrote:

Holy mother of potatoes.

I'm just sayin.
I couldn´t find any "real" Star Wars Ship with more lenght as the Executor-class on Wookiepedia and I actually searched every single Super Star Destroyer and Star Dreadnaught Class on the distributing pages, oh, and the Viscount Class is only 17km as opposed to the Executor Classes 19km. So please tell me something above your "50+ km" that isn´t labled "Deep space Mobile Battlestation" or something similar, because that´s no spaceship, that´s a space station with a hyperdrive included. I really think you meant "5+ km", because that´s about the lower limit for Star Dreadnaughts described on Wookiepedia.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:39 pm

And correct me if I'm wrong but is't a wing (3 squadrons) 36 fighters? I know SSDs carry 144 (4 wings?), and Impstars carry 2 wings (72 fighters).
I think an Imperial wing is 6 squadrons, which is 72 fighters, and an ImpStar carries one wing. The other bit depends on the SSD. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how many fighters an Executor-class carries, but an Eclipse-class carries more than a thousand.

Tiel wrote:

I'm just sayin.
Nope, sorry. Like Ivan said, post-retcon those are smaller. They're all smaller. There are a number of ships that were supposed to be larger than Executor, but Executor's size has been changed, and they haven't.

So please tell me something above your "50+ km" that isn´t labled "Deep space Mobile Battlestation" or something similar, because that´s no spaceship, that´s a space station with a hyperdrive included. I really think you meant "5+ km", because that´s about the lower limit for Star Dreadnaughts described on Wookiepedia.
There are no ships in Star Wars that are larger than 19 km that are really ships. There are only some marginal cases, like the Death Stars or worldships. This is the LJSI system, not a Star Wars system. Mine is crazy even compared to crazy, but someday I intend to eat you all. Plans for the Mandalore-class dreadnaughts keep expanding. At the moment they've gotten to 200 km long.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

I think an Imperial wing is 6 squadrons, which is 72 fighters, and an ImpStar carries one wing. The other bit depends on the SSD. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how many fighters an Executor-class carries, but an Eclipse-class carries more than a thousand.
Also, to talk about fighter completements, a Venator-Class Star Destroyer carries over 400 small craft (192 V-wing or V-19 torrent+ 36+ ARC-170+ 192 Eta-2 Actis+ 40 LAAT/i= 461+ small craft) in just 1.137m lenght. I´d say we call it a carrier from now on.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm

A Venator class Star Destroyer is a Venator class Star Destroyer, regardless of what you pulled from Wookiepedia. Is this thread just going to be trying to fit Star Wars vessels into LJS's naming scheme? I hope not.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Tiel wrote:
A Venator class Star Destroyer is a Venator class Star Destroyer, regardless of what you pulled from Wookiepedia. Is this thread just going to be trying to fit Star Wars vessels into LJS's naming scheme? I hope not.

I was saying that the Venator-class was kind of a carrier-battleship hybrid, much like the BSG-Battlestars with the size of a Star Destroyer.
So, let´s just get back on-topic.
Now that the Dovan Empire tuned their Star Destroyer count down, we just need to talk about their current planet and population count...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Also, to talk about fighter completements, a Venator-Class Star Destroyer carries over 400 small craft (192 V-wing or V-19 torrent+ 36+ ARC-170+ 192 Eta-2 Actis+ 40 LAAT/i= 461+ small craft) in just 1.137m lenght. I´d say we call it a carrier from now on.
Yes, it is. I believe they're called that in Star Wars, at least sometimes. They're designed much more for starfighter support than for direct combat, which is why they carry many times as many starfighters as an ImpStar, even though they're smaller. But 'carrier' isn't a size category. I don't support Star Destroyer as a size category, either, which is why it's not in my system. Venators are frequently called Assault Cruisers, which is what I would categorize them as. But yes, let's get back on-topic.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Nope. They're explicitly designed to fulfill both the role of starfighter support and a direct-combat vessel. The Republic needed a jack-of-all trades capitol ship and the Venator was Kuat's answer, with the Star Destroyer tag because...well, I can't really name that off the top of my head, but it was designed by the same lunatic that later laid down the Imperial class.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Tiel wrote:
Nope. They're explicitly designed to fulfill both the role of starfighter support and a direct-combat vessel. The Republic needed a jack-of-all trades capitol ship and the Venator was Kuat's answer, with the Star Destroyer tag because...well, I can't really name that off the top of my head, but it was designed by the same lunatic that later laid down the Imperial class.
Oops, you're right. I was thinking of another ship.
Wookieepedia wrote:

While designed primarily for ship-to-ship combat, the Venator had secondary roles ranging from starfighter carrier, to military transport and battleship escort.
You can't argue that Venators aren't designed much more for starfighter support compared to ImpStars, though.

According to the Anaxes War College system, a Star Destroyer is any ship between 1 and 2 kilometres long. Like I said, I don't like that. I don't think it makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Bet it sure makes things a lot easier on the rebels when they're trying to identify the Empire's latest clusterf**k of a ship, though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Emperor_Revan wrote:

Holy mother of potatoes.

the Eclipse was larger than the Executer
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Executor class is 19 km. Eclipse I & II are only 17.5
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Tiel wrote:
Executor class is 19 km. Eclipse I & II are only 17.5
are you sure about that?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Yep.

Canonically the Eclipse is supposed to be 2x the size of an Executor class, which used to be 8km. The keeper of the holocron hasn't made any move to alter the Eclipse's size to reflect that, so by all rights the Executor class SSDs are bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its all gone   its all gone - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its all gone
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: