Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Imperial Fleet BFG

Go down 
+7
Soul of Jack
The Schmetterling
hyperlite
Iv121
Captain stufuzzycat
Caramell
Mr_Pink
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr_Pink

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 am

I've started a big big project : to bring in minecraft Battlefleet Gothic !

Every ship will be 1:40 scale because of the dimensions of BFG's ships and so , when the mod will finally come out , they'll be not too big to be manouvred in a minecraft server .

Here the very first ship i've done , a Cobra class Destroyer :

Imperial Fleet BFG Cobra1

Imperial Fleet BFG Cobra2k

Imperial Fleet BFG Cobra4

Imperial Fleet BFG Cobra3

as you see the microblocks and lamp blocks are from redpower2 , damn that mod is sooooo useful !

I took the colour scheme from this art :

Imperial Fleet BFG 20060923a

I took the structure from the GW's model .

Imperial Fleet BFG M2120007_99060807003_BFGImperialCobra_445x319

I'll be back with other ships ... What a Face

Last edited by Mr_Pink on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:46 am

Nice ship.
Only we don't use much wool here, use Lapiz, Gold, Iron and Obsidian instead to get the same colors.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 am

What Daynel said.

Also, isn't there another guy doing this?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 am

I see no reason to use wool besides the fact it has a bit ugly texture Razz . Anyway nice ship, a bit small for a destroyer but fairly unique.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah , small ... its the smallest imperial vessel but its still 1.5 km long ! I've done this replica 1:40 scale because if i don't the other ships will be too big ( the biggest is around 7.5 km long and 2km high , so ... )

And i'm a great fan of wool ! With it you are not restricted to use the same colours every time ! Anyway the colour scheme isn't so important , so it doesn't matter .

ps : sorry for my bad english Razz
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Mr_Pink wrote:
Yeah , small ... its the smallest imperial vessel but its still 1.5 km long ! I've done this replica 1:40 scale because if i don't the other ships will be too big ( the biggest is around 7.5 km long and 2km high , so ... )

And i'm a great fan of wool ! With it you are not restricted to use the same colours every time ! Anyway the colour scheme isn't so important , so it doesn't matter .

ps : sorry for my bad english Razz

If it's 1:40 its not 1.5 km anymore isn't ? Smile , It's hard to make big ships, my biggest one was the Hyperion Class Destroyer which was 460m long.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:19 pm

My current biggest is my heavy cruiser, about 260m.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Yes , you are totally right , but as i said before , if i make the smallest ship i have to do big , the other ships will be so big that i'll probably leave the project . Anyway i'll make a big ship too , just let me make the other smaller ships first Wink
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Sorry I haven't actually said this yet, but this is a really good rendition of the Cobra class, and I look forward to the other classes.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Actually you should probably see a work of another FC member : https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t200-warhammer-40k-battlefleet-gothic
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Sorry I haven't actually said this yet, but this is a really good rendition of the Cobra class, and I look forward to the other classes.

thx Smile

Quote :
Actually you should probably see a work of another FC member : https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t200-warhammer-40k-battlefleet-gothic

yeah i've already saw it , its an impressive interpretation of the Imperial Battleship !
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:57 pm

I see true potential for that being a first ship, do some touch up work and you will make some cool looking unique ships.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

My current biggest is my heavy cruiser, about 260m.

I got the Banhammer up to 670m, then I had no idea how to finish it off. I can never seem to get then backs of ships right, never! (except for Larry: that ship was cool).

Anyway: that is a cool ship you have there. I would prefer it if you didn't use wool. Also, I would double the size of that ship. Still, if that is your first ship it is awesome. You have a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:30 pm

When did you build the Banhammer? I thought we never actually started that, just dicked around on the topic.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:31 am

When did you build the Banhammer? I thought we never actually started that, just dicked around on the topic.

I posted some pictures of it. Then Laserbilly complained because I stole the roof off the Reckoning. After, I agreed to forget that concept. But yesterday I revived it: I added an awesome-looking second hull that was comprised of organic vine-like things across the entire ship. Then MCedit froze (froze, mind you: it didn't even crash) and deleted everything, despite the fact that I saved it. Several times. (It even deleted the chunks I created, which it says is irreversible).
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 am

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:28 am

Et voilĂ  !

Medames et monsieurs here is my last creation ( still WIP Razz ) the Dauntless class Light Cruiser :

Imperial Fleet BFG Dauntlesswip3

Imperial Fleet BFG Dauntlesswip2

Imperial Fleet BFG Dauntlesswip1

here is the GW model i'm replicating :

Imperial Fleet BFG M1182659_99060807023_BFGDauntlessLanceMain_445x319

The hardest part ( the prow ) is already done so i'll try to finish it by the next week or so ( i know , i'm ssssssssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Razz )

Enjoy ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 am

You can get the same colors with lapiz, gold etc.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:19 am

Strategion Daynel wrote:
You can get the same colors with lapiz, gold etc.

Just sayin'.

He's right you know.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 am

Ok but if i want to change color scheme i can't place red or green ( just an example ) that is why i keep using wool . If in the mod we'll be implemented paintable metals/construction materials i'll use them .
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 am

Mr_Pink wrote:
Ok but if i want to change color scheme i can't place red or green ( just an example ) that is why i keep using wool . If in the mod we'll be implemented paintable metals/construction materials i'll use them .

Ok use wool for that but anything else use other stuff like gold or obsidian.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Nice prow!

Also, when the mod finally comes out, I think it was decided that there will be a new block that you can paint any color, and you will use it for all shipbuilding.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:51 pm

You can use emerald for green and nether brick for red...
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
You can use emerald for green and netherrack for red...
Fixed that for you.

And I would choose bricks for red.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:58 pm

And I would use a texture pack Razz .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Imperial Fleet BFG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Fleet BFG   Imperial Fleet BFG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial Fleet BFG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next