Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Ship Construction/Templates

Go down 
+5
ACH0225
GLaDOS
ectrimble20
Cason22
Commander Error
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Ship Construction/Templates Empty
PostSubject: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:10 am

Just an idea. When you're building ships that should look alike (or identical, if the same class) why not have an automated "shipyard" that slowly builds out a ship from a template?

The shipyard would require:
1. The materials needed.
2. The template.

This allows for "rapid" (Ha,ha) construction of look-alike ships.
Back to top Go down
Cason22

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:09 pm

That is exactly what I thought Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I like that idea, however I don't think we've set in stone how ships will be constructed just yet, so it might be something to revisit once we get to a beta stage in development and have a better idea of the process necessary to create a ship.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:25 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
I like that idea, however I don't think we've set in stone how ships will be constructed just yet, so it might be something to revisit once we get to a beta stage in development and have a better idea of the process necessary to create a ship.

Just an idea. Half the time I'm rambling on to get my brain unjammed.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Ya. Currently, to expand my fleet I make schematics with MCEdit and just import.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:20 pm

daman200 wrote:
Ya. Currently, to expand my fleet I make schematics with MCEdit and just import.
Yea, im just trying to get a ship of every size made, then ill make variations and new versions and things. When this comes out in singleplayer, I shall be ready!
Back to top Go down
Max1217

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Can you use obsidian in building ships and will the shields be bubbles like in stargate or wrap around the shape of the ship like in star wars? Will things like hanger doors be added and fighter bay doors be added or will I have to use pistons? ( will it be possible to make a fighter bay that the doors are at the bottom of IE the floor is the door?)
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Obsidian is fine. You'll have access to large movable blast doors.
Back to top Go down
Max1217

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Yay! Very Happy Now I can start on my obsidian cruiser. But why about the verticals doors?
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Good. That giant cruiser I'm working on? I'm covering it with a layer of obsidian over the iron blocks to make it have better blast resistance and make it look waaaayyyy more awesome. If you see a iron block dreadnought coming towards you, you say "Pshh, shoot it down. It's made of iron." But if you see a obsidian dreadnought coming towards you "OH NOES! HERE COMES THE BIG@$$ OBSIDIAN SHIP! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR PITIFUL LIVES!".

*Warning, this post MAY contain some blatant dramatization.*
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
DylanxModZz
DylanxModZz

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 pm

daman200 wrote:
Good. That giant cruiser I'm working on? I'm covering it with a layer of obsidian over the iron blocks to make it have better blast resistance and make it look waaaayyyy more awesome. If you see a iron block dreadnought coming towards you, you say "Pshh, shoot it down. It's made of iron." But if you see a obsidian dreadnought coming towards you "OH NOES! HERE COMES THE BIG@$$ OBSIDIAN SHIP! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR PITIFUL LIVES!".

*Warning, this post MAY contain some blatant dramatization.*
Hahah Nice man
Back to top Go down
http://iamawesome.com
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:51 am

Obsedian dread?

Arming Ion Cannon.

Arming Drone Platforms.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Lol obsiidiian..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction/Templates   Ship Construction/Templates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ship Construction/Templates
Page 1 of 1