Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?

Go down 
+13
Ivan2006
fr0stbyte124
Caramell
torrentialAberration
Keon
Shiva
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
hyperlite
Delta
Avenger_7
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:26 am

You didn't specify how the world would end. How it would end would effect how I spend the next 150 years.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 pm

I actually thought this was proven and would actually happen... call me stupid.

The only way that we would be able to save the race would be to unite ALL the countries under one collective union, one government. Without this, no country would have the resources to save a significant amount of the population in time. The first target would be the moon, being so close to the earth and in a habitable zone. Mars would come after, and once infrastructure on mars is complete, mining operations shift from Earth to the asteroid belt. To colonize mars would be a two step process. In my scenario, massive factories, not unlike the inefficient WW2 factories, would be constructed for dual purposes. The first purpose would be to manufacture infrastructure. The second, more importantly, is the fill the atmosphere with CO2. This would allow plants to survive, though not humans. Instead of expensive spacesuits, gasmasks and air canisters become the requirement. Several mining tunnels drill to the extinct core of Mars, for step two. Using the factories output, large solar concentrator arrays concentrate sunlight through the atmosphere of mars into the core, heating it like a massive microscope. As it starts to become molten, massive engines kick in and start to spin the iron core. These solar focusers remain in place until Mars has a significant magnetic field for shielding from cosmic waves.

For the selection process, ALL genetic diseases will be removed. These should have been destroyed hundreds of years ago, but why aren't they? People keep breeding when they KNOW they have it. So there would be screening for the general population. Wealth would become meaningless until the crisis is over, paper currency would collapse. With the crisis, whoever can build and manufacture the most will be the wealthiest. There will be massive leavings, people saying, "Why should I bother? We're all going to die anyway." Riots, everything.

Last edited by Fenway on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Fenway wrote:
I actually thought this was proven and would actually happen... call me stupid.

The only way that we would be able to save the race would be to unite ALL the countries under one collective union, one government. Without this, no country would have the resources to save a significant amount of the population in time. The first target would be the moon, being so close to the earth and in a habitable zone. Mars would come after, and once infrastructure on mars is complete, mining operations shift from Earth to the asteroid belt. To colonize mars would be a two step process. In my scenario, massive factories, not unlike the inefficient WW2 factories, would be constructed for dual purposes. The first purpose would be to manufacture infrastructure. The second, more importantly, is the fill the atmosphere with CO2. This would allow plants to survive, though not humans. Instead of expensive spacesuits, gasmasks and air canisters become the requirement. Several mining tunnels drill to the extinct core of Mars, for step two. Using the factories output, large solar concentrator arrays concentrate sunlight through the atmosphere of mars into the core, heating it like a massive microscope. As it starts to become molten, massive engines kick in and start to spin the iron core. These solar focusers remain in place until Mars has a significant magnetic field for shielding from cosmic waves.

Yeah, put mars in a microwave!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Then eat Keon.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:09 pm

What if the world ended by Mars crashing into earth? Or there is a breakout of the flood and the rings are all fired? Those are unavoidable.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:17 pm

hyperlite wrote:
What if the world ended by Mars crashing into earth? Or there is a breakout of the flood and the rings are all fired? Those are unavoidable.

Funny, I recall humanity NOT being wiped out at the end of Halo 3. I'd say the rings being fired was pretty damn well avoided.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Well, let's just say the planet's core has destableized so the Earth is going to break apart.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Well, let's just say the planet's core has destableized so the Earth is going to break apart.

Don't they have a movie about that one?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Don't they have a movie about that one?

No, they have a movie about it not spinning. Which sucked. Destabilization means that it spins out of control, beginning to break apart and fly out towards the surface. The forces would literally tear the planet apart.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:55 am

I don't see the point of colonizing Mars. Regardless of how inhospitable Earth becomes, it's never going to be less hospitable than Mars. If you want to hide in a bubble city, build it on the Earth where there are actually resources to make them.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:29 am

The whole point is that soon we will have no resources left on earth ... mars on the other side is full of metals and minerals, even if don't plan to live there you can at least mine there. Mining colonies will be built, people will move there with their families. Others will see there an opportunity to develop business and provide services to the colonists, more people will go there, the colony will grow and to provide the new population with servicers even more people will go to mars, this is what happened in America 500 years ago ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:34 am

Ahaha, those silly Brits, cutting down all their trees!
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:06 am

Iv121 wrote:
The whole point is that soon we will have no resources left on earth ... mars on the other side is full of metals and minerals, even if don't plan to live there you can at least mine there. Mining colonies will be built, people will move there with their families. Others will see there an opportunity to develop business and provide services to the colonists, more people will go there, the colony will grow and to provide the new population with servicers even more people will go to mars, this is what happened in America 500 years ago ...
I hereby declare Mars Mining Industries, a sub-company of Technotronics Industries, opened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?   There's 150 years until the end of the world.  What happens? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's 150 years until the end of the world. What happens?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2