Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Tribes: Ascend

Go down 
+10
Caramell
Shiva
Tiel+
Pat Best
Soul of Jack
Iv121
Keon
Grand Imperial Thunder
Delta
Commander Error
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Tribes: Ascend Empty
PostSubject: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I play, and I'm starting a new clan. FraK.

The "Free Retributionist Associates of Krill".

Just add FraK as your clantag to join! We have only three rules.
1. Don't be a dick.
2. You cheat, you die.
3. We hate math.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Do you have to be good? because I'm worse than... can we have a new word to describe how bad i am at tribes:ascend?
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:59 pm

No, not at all.

You can be a level one with no skill, and you can still join. The aim is to have fun and laugh at the serious-minded guys who're like "WTF is this" when you bounce over the hills at them.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:37 pm

I WANA JOIN! WHAT IS THIS! HOW PLAY! HOW UNCAPS LOCK!
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:
I WANA JOIN! WHAT IS THIS! HOW PLAY! HOW UNCAPS LOCK!
Thy has requested! (clickity!) and play the in game tutorial then press "caps lock"

E:
and updater is not updating

updater wrote:
Done in under 30s

that was like 20 minutes ago
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Hrrrmmmmm....

Is it free? What type of game is it?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 pm

I think it's a fast paced FPS and its F2P ...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 pm

F2p Fast paced FPS. Mainly explosive weapons, too.

FraK!
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I was going to get back to doing Tribes anyway.So yea might as well do it with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 am

Commander Error wrote:
F2p Fast paced FPS. Mainly explosive weapons, too.

FraK!

FTP or FTW?

Free to play is "Yeah, you can play but you cant progress past level 1 and you can't move and you get no guns."

Free to win is "Download and you can play, with maybe some clothes that you can buy".
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:02 am

Well this is up to you to decide Razz .
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 am

My brother loves this game.

You are hereby warned: he will kill you all if you encounter him.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:47 am

If it's Free to play it's automatically crap in my book, no subcategories about it.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:59 am

Joining.

The Harbinger is on her way.

I love this bloody game.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 am

Downloading game now.
Username: TroopElite. (Not the best, I know, but the best I could think of in a hurry)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 am

Tiel wrote:
If it's Free to play it's automatically crap in my book, no subcategories about it.

So you say team Fortress 2 is crap ? its F2P . And League of Legends ? There are many awesome F2P games , there are crappy ones though Razz . It's an opportunity to play awesome games for free. I remember how I started playing Combat Arms, F2P FPS similar to CoD. It was a lot of damn fun until they ruined the balance between F2P and premium. In a matter of months it became so much crap with tones of noobish addicted kids who flame all around couse they parents were ready to pay 60$ for an OP gun (yea 60$ its like skyrim ... ), so yea F2P can be crap if those behind it loose the balance between profit and fun.

An opposite example is Company of Heroes Online. It was an awesome variation of CoH just F2P with RPG elements such s character level up and bonuses you can buy for your troops. This little RPG addon turned it into one of the best RPGs around there and I really enjoyed playing it with my friends. The problem was that you could buy the same stuff both for free and with real money so people didn't really spend real money on it. As a result the game was shut down, unfortunate but expected outcome. Rebalancing the game could yell Relic a lot of money and give us loads of fun.

There was also World of Tanks which is a tank FPS that doesn't take itself too seriously yet lets you have a lot of fun. You can easily find there Nazi ,Russian and American tanks on one team yet it is still quite fun. The RPG elements in the game make it fun to play. Unfortunately the levelling there is not quite rewarding as it could be . Tanks are divided there by tiers and only curtain tiers are in one game together. You want to level up and become the best in your tier but when you actually become the best in your tier you are sent to the next where ... well god save you . Only in like 10% of the games you are grouped with your prev tier where you are actually good.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 am

Finally downloaded!
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

TA is another one of those awesome things that my computer doesn't like for whatever reason...I can't play it because the FPS is too low :/
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

So you say team Fortress 2 is crap ? its F2P . And League of Legends ? There are many awesome F2P games , there are crappy ones though Razz . It's an opportunity to play awesome games for free. I remember how I started playing Combat Arms, F2P FPS similar to CoD. It was a lot of damn fun until they ruined the balance between F2P and premium. In a matter of months it became so much crap with tones of noobish addicted kids who flame all around couse they parents were ready to pay 60$ for an OP gun (yea 60$ its like skyrim ... ), so yea F2P can be crap if those behind it loose the balance between profit and fun.

An opposite example is Company of Heroes Online. It was an awesome variation of CoH just F2P with RPG elements such s character level up and bonuses you can buy for your troops. This little RPG addon turned it into one of the best RPGs around there and I really enjoyed playing it with my friends. The problem was that you could buy the same stuff both for free and with real money so people didn't really spend real money on it. As a result the game was shut down, unfortunate but expected outcome. Rebalancing the game could yell Relic a lot of money and give us loads of fun.

There was also World of Tanks which is a tank FPS that doesn't take itself too seriously yet lets you have a lot of fun. You can easily find there Nazi ,Russian and American tanks on one team yet it is still quite fun. The RPG elements in the game make it fun to play. Unfortunately the levelling there is not quite rewarding as it could be . Tanks are divided there by tiers and only curtain tiers are in one game together. You want to level up and become the best in your tier but when you actually become the best in your tier you are sent to the next where ... well god save you . Only in like 10% of the games you are grouped with your prev tier where you are actually good.

TF2 went bad after they just up and decided to make it an F2P, pretty much screwing anyone who spent the money to buy it to begin with, though I never really liked the gameplay anyway so meh. League of Legends, eh, haven't tried it, but I know people who are obsessed with it, so don't want to go there. Never mind I keep seeing spam everywhere about the damn game.

And the reason CoH Online closed is that they weren't making money, you know this. All the devs care about is a nice paycheck at the end of the month, nothing more. This brand of game is merely a cash grab by the producers to see how many people are willing to fall for it and shell out 20 bucks on a virtual, nonexistent item. Some F2Ps like to maintain the illusion that there are options that don't involve cash, but they're just that: an illusion. Take Battlefield Play4free which you have to constantly rent guns with ingame currency...or you could buy it with ingame currency, *gasp*. But in reality one would have to be sitting at the computer for weeks on end playing the game all day to get enough to buy a single permanent M16 that in reality is not at all safe from constant changing of stats to make paid players happier.

CoH Online must've just overshot the latter part, and consequently Relic cut the kite loose. Idk, I was kinda considering playing World of Tanks but the prospect of being stuck in a vehicle all day is hardly appealing.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:39 am

Is it actually possible to appeal to you ? BTW BF3 has an option to pay for your guns just like F2P games just additionally you pay for the game itself ... talkin bout money stealing ... I bet there is something like that in CoD I don't play em anymore, they are all the same nothing new to offer.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 am

Iv121 wrote:
Is it actually possible to appeal to you ? BTW BF3 has an option to pay for your guns just like F2P games just additionally you pay for the game itself ... talkin bout money stealing ... I bet there is something like that in CoD I don't play em anymore, they are all the same nothing new to offer.

See, the industry is moving towards that type of game. Join the resistance and fight back! Well, not fight. But you get the idea Razz
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Tiel wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

See, the industry is moving towards that type of game. Join the resistance and fight back! Well, not fight. But you get the idea Razz

Make your own games you buncha coders.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:39 pm

I am making my own game, though Sad

But I'm not a coder, I'm a designer! Which is why I use TORQUE!

Though I hear XNA may be easy..
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
I am making my own game, though Sad

But I'm not a coder, I'm a designer! Which is why I use TORQUE!

Though I hear XNA may be easy..

Wait you're making a game oooh where?

On topic:

After repeatedly having my posterior region handed to me I think I'm going to take a break before make a spinfusor and blow a hole in my house...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:45 pm

If you can, get the Bolt launcher. BOSS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tribes: Ascend   Tribes: Ascend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribes: Ascend
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next