Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Early release of new blocks?

Go down 
+20
Dux Tell31
superninjakiwi
Danice123
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Commander Error
Laibach
Tiel+
Avenger_7
Tyranid_Player
Caramell
Ivan2006
Heeltripper
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Keon
torrentialAberration
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:23 pm

So, the reason I actually revived this thread is to ask Mackeroth/The Doctor/Schmetterling if he is still working on it.
Mac, if you read this, please reply and tell us wheather or not you´re still on it.
I won´t hate you if you have forgotten about it or something, I just want to know.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:06 pm

This would be a super nice thing to have
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:18 am

Considering I have no idea what you're talking about, I've probably forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:54 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Is this idea a possibility at all? Or has 45 posts been all for nothing.

Seeing as no-one else is interested, I will create the blocks myself when I have the spare time.

This will require some serious downloading....

That?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 am

Good job Mack.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Considering I have no idea what you're talking about, I've probably forgotten.

Right here, Mac. \/

The Schmetterling wrote:
Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Is this idea a possibility at all? Or has 45 posts been all for nothing.

Seeing as no-one else is interested, I will create the blocks myself when I have the spare time.

This will require some serious downloading....

Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh come on! I was hoping this would turn into something... You know... I know the basics of Java, give me the blocks/textures and a crash coarse in Minecraft modding, and I'll do it.

Just a idea though...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm

I've considered doing something like this with CubeX2's Custom Stuff Mod, just to use for my own ships. We could do something like that.
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 am

If there's serious interest in making a demo block pack, I could do it. I'm probably going to incorporate modLoader into my current stuff which as of right now is not using modLoader because I'm anticipating Frostbytes engine breaking any compatibility, however, I suspect from looking at the layout of modLoader and how it ties into things, it would not be hard to incorporate what we're doing with modLoader, if only for the ease of adding items, blocks, etc. Right now, to add a block, you have to hard code stuff and break vanilla code pretty hard core.

I'll talk to Frost about it more, see if we can reach a consensus on how we want the final or at least the alpha stuff to go.

Mac (Schmett or w/e you're going by now lol), do we have a list of blocks we want to add? I haven't had time to read through the 800000000 posts as I've only dug through the things I've found or though we're relevant to what I'm currently working on. If you can PM me a list, I'll start up a discussion and we can figure out where we want to go with this.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 am

Modloader has a small enough footprint, we don't have to worry about incorporating it.
We don't have a final block list. Most of the planning has been higher level, and working our way back down.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Modloader has a small enough footprint, we don't have to worry about incorporating it.
We don't have a final block list. Most of the planning has been higher level, and working our way back down.

Good plan there guys.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 am

Maybe, but you're still sticking around.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:16 am

I like how people who have contributed nothing to the community except 'forum posts' are always the first to criticize. Great little community here.

Anyway, Frost, from what I've seen with of the modLoader documentation, it seems like its very easy to build a basic block mod. I'll take some time, probably next week and do this, I'd like to have my initial server testing stuff done before jumping off onto something else, but I figure I can have a block mod programed and ready to be played pretty quickly. I'd just need some textures I think. I'll cross that road when I get there I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm

eazymc wrote:
I like how people who have contributed nothing to the community except 'forum posts' are always the first to criticize. Great little community here.

Yourself included.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:

Yourself included.
he hasn't really contibuted forum posts either. and since he's a dev, i feel it's safe to assume he does SOMETHING, though heaven knows what...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

eazymc wrote:

Anyway, Frost, from what I've seen with of the modLoader documentation, it seems like its very easy to build a basic block mod. I'll take some time, probably next week and do this, I'd like to have my initial server testing stuff done before jumping off onto something else, but I figure I can have a block mod programed and ready to be played pretty quickly. I'd just need some textures I think. I'll cross that road when I get there I suppose.

Here is a texture for transparent aluminum.
Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Transp10

I will PM you the texture.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm

aluminum obsessor...... burn ALL the aluminum!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm

To be frank, I'd much rather have a selection of turrets and vehicles as a builder for reference. Texture packs can be used instead of blocks, the latter will probably end up being replaced in the near future should it be made.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:47 pm

They don't even have to function, just look cool.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Yeah, we need turrets.
Possibly even upside-down placeble? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 pm

memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:

Yourself included.

Please enlighten me as to where I have criticized the mod?

superninjakiwi wrote:
he hasn't really contibuted forum posts either. and since he's a dev, i feel it's safe to assume he does SOMETHING, though heaven knows what...

I've been on these forums for 2 weeks. Thanks for paying attention to that. Suppose if I spent all my time spaming the forum with useless topics like you guys I'd have more posts.

Anyway, I haven't looked into what involved with adding a new model, but I doubt its hard (relatively) to add in a basic turret then add functionality as I progress. This is just speculative for now, I still have a bit of work to do on the server to server transporting stuff before I can really devote time to other items.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:44 pm

eazymc wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:

Yourself included.

Please enlighten me as to where I have criticized the mod?

superninjakiwi wrote:

I've been on these forums for 2 weeks. Thanks for paying attention to that. Suppose if I spent all my time spaming the forum with useless topics like you guys I'd have more posts.

Anyway, I haven't looked into what involved with adding a new model, but I doubt its hard (relatively) to add in a basic turret then add functionality as I progress. This is just speculative for now, I still have a bit of work to do on the server to server transporting stuff before I can really devote time to other items.

I think even though some people don't appreciate some who actually do what they can't do.

If/when you add in turrets I will send some models just look in my modding application you will see some samples.
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 pm

I have been, they look pretty decent. But like I said, I have other projects for the mod in front of this so I will let you know when I need some models.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:

Yourself included.

This IS the internet, you know. He's doing a lot more than most people here.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Don't let this get off topic please, this is our best chance of getting some content out.

On another note, from eazymc's response i'm going to assume you don't want my much contested time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early release of new blocks?
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next